• Poll closed .

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Here you go.
    Rifle Kits - AR-15

They usually have a better selection, but these are complete kits, everything but the lower receiver and ones that have the flat top upper don't include the carry handle (most put on a red dot and toss it anyway).

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Poll is open again, I must have messed up when I set it up.

Vote now boys and girls and get the date you want, and feel free to post or pm any questions.

sicegcivic

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    I am very interested, but not sure if i will have anything to build at that time. I am buying a Noveske upper in the near future and that build is taking most of my play money. However I do have a billet lower I am considering building an ar pistol out of for fun.

Would assembling an upper (barrel and all) be any different on a monlithic upper? I would assume the general concept is the same.

Thanks!
    Look forward to it!

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Monolithic uppers usually require a different barrel wrench to install, but yes the concept is the same.
    I'm pretty sure I don't have the tools for that, but let me look into it more.
    I personally haven't built one...

YET.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    What about learning how to remove the trigger for a trigger job? I picked up a slidefire and was told they work better with a lighter trigger.

I can show you how to take it apart, but any time the topic of a trigger job comes up, I have to say, "any time you mess with the internals you run the risk of making the weapon unsafe."
    I'd try it out and make sure that you need a trigger job, you may not.

Basically, I've seen guns with home made trigger jobs that were just butchered. I mean I can tell you what I do to lighten and slick it up, but I don't reccomend doing it unless you have a very good understanding of the geometry of the internals. (gotta cover my butt, right).

SolidSnake99

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Lowell, IN
    I am definitely interested and hope to have the parts together to at least build a complete lower. This class would help a lot due to being new to the AR world.:ar15:

Thank you for opening your house to us for this chance to learn and meet fellow INGO'ers :yesway:

Buckaroo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    NWI
    I'd be open to either date. Thanks for helping us newbies!

Congrats to cyprant for the smoke free sig line!!!! I have a friend who quit last year and has stayed the course. Not easy but well worth it. I quit 25 years ago then had to quit chewing a bit later since that was my "patch."

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    I'll be keeping an eye on this. No rifle to build but I can bring samples for people to look over (depending on the date). Since everyone pretty much knows what a regular AR looks like, I would bring some variety ... LWRC (short stroke piston), Wilson Combat (w/PWS conversion), ZM Weapons (now known as the Para Ordnance TTR with DIG op system and folding stock). Let me know.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Sounds like a good time... I've built a few AR's but always looking to learn something new or different. Not sure if everything will be in for my next build but always enjoy being around fellow INGOer's and makin gun's functional is always top on my list of things to do.... You guy's figure out which date, either's fine for me...

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    I'll be keeping an eye on this. No rifle to build but I can bring samples for people to look over (depending on the date). Since everyone pretty much knows what a regular AR looks like, I would bring some variety ... LWRC (short stroke piston), Wilson Combat (w/PWS conversion), ZM Weapons (now known as the Para Ordnance TTR with DIG op system and folding stock). Let me know.

That'd be great if you could bring those.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Okay boys and girls,

I just got done talking with combat45acp, he has offered his shop (Front Toward Enemy Firearms) for the build class.
    Having now been there, I can honestly say, it's WAY nicer than my basement and we have the option of test firing on his property. It's in Demotte about 5 minutes from the Demotte - Roselawn exit on 65 (exact address will be PMed to those attending before the event).
    My opinion is, it's worth crossing the Kankakee River for the facility, and being able to test fire our builds, and I'm sure we could twist his arm and he'd let us take a peek at some cool guy stuff too.

So what do you say guys?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I say do it! We could consider that as part of his "tribute" to joining "da family" even if he is SOUTH of lake county. :rofl:

Once you boys & girls do figure it out

1) Start an offical thread in the events forum
    2) Don't forget to add it to the INGO calendar at the bottom of the main INGO page
    3) I'll add it to the NWI INGO events thread
    4) & will also spam the NWI INGO group as well about it

How many can he hold before it's too many?

-Jedi

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    Okay boys and girls,

I just got done talking with combat45acp, he has offered his shop (Front Toward Enemy Firearms) for the build class.
    Having now been there, I can honestly say, it's WAY nicer than my basement and we have the option of test firing on his property. It's in Demotte about 5 minutes from the Demotte - Roselawn exit on 65 (exact address will be PMed to those attending before the event).
    My opinion is, it's worth crossing the Kankakee River for the facility, and being able to test fire our builds, and I'm sure we could twist his arm and he'd let us take a peek at some cool guy stuff too.

So what do you say guys?

Maybe I'd order a couple of PSA lowers and have them sent there if I'm gonna be out that way anyway.... hmmmm.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    10-15 people.
    As a rule of thumb, I'd like to give people with parts to build priority over those that don't.
    So when it comes time and I post the EVENT thread, we'll take care of it there.

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    I'm still in for either date. I've got all the parts together for my lower so I'm good to go. The upper is going to have to wait.:spend:

Top Bottom