• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I received a Fenix TK15 flash light today. Wow, what a stinking bright light! So far, I'm impressed with the quality of it, and I like the dimmer button on the side. The belt clip works very well, too. I picked it up from Fenixoutfitters.com for around 80 bucks. It has a little bit of a donut hole in the light pattern, but the hole is not dark, so it isn't an issue. The strobe, combined with the brightest setting, looks like it could cause someone a seizure!

I'll comment more as I use it for awhile. All in all, it seems to be a great value. Fenix Outfitters told me that mine was the first one they received and shipped, so there's probably not too much info out there about them yet.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I received a Fenix TK15 flash light today. Wow, what a stinking bright light! So far, I'm impressed with the quality of it, and I like the dimmer button on the side. The belt clip works very well, too. I picked it up from Fenixoutfitters.com for around 80 bucks. It has a little bit of a donut hole in the light pattern, but the hole is not dark, so it isn't an issue. The strobe, combined with the brightest setting, looks like it could cause someone a seizure!

I'll comment more as I use it for awhile. All in all, it seems to be a great value. Fenix Outfitters told me that mine was the first one they received and shipped, so there's probably not too much info out there about them yet.

Dude! I'm envious!

I just got a new TK11 . . . must control . . . urge . . . to . . . buy new . . . flashligh . . . flashligh . . . flashlight.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    Just picked up a PD20. Stupid bright for it's size (I think 130 lumens or something for one CR123 at 1hr run time). Only wish it had a momentary switch function, should have read the details better. Nonetheless a great light and you are right, the strobe on the Fenix lights is sick!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Way interested in your observations!

My TK12 has a slight donut hole. Curious how your observations compare other lights to yours.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    Way interested in your observations!

My TK12 has a slight donut hole. Curious how your observations compare other lights to yours.

Mine has a slight dounghnut as well... it's only noticeable at close range, it seems to smooth out past 20 feet or so. The flashaholics on http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/index.php? seem to think it's a by-product of the led emitter. It doesn't bother me and I really don't notice it unless I really look for it. YMMV.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Mine has a slight dounghnut as well... it's only noticeable at close range, it seems to smooth out past 20 feet or so. The flashaholics on CandlePowerForums - Powered by vBulletin? seem to think it's a by-product of the led emitter. It doesn't bother me and I really don't notice it unless I really look for it. YMMV.

The "hole" I saw in the lingering after effects of strobing myself was vividly square and took a few minutes to finally disappear. :n00b:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm curious how likely it is to inadvertently hit the dimmer switch on the side? I mean like when you're holding in an indexed position with your thumb on the main switch.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    I was about to pick up a TK12 when I saw this thread. I really like the light modes of the TK15. Where are you guys ordering from?

I get mine from 4Sevens - 4Sevens.Com. If you go to that site, look at their (4Sevens) line of lights; I've had really good results with the "Quark" line. I'm sure there are other sources, but you can use the code "CPF8" and get 8% off your order. If that code doesn't work, just search for it (a new one) in CandlePowerForums - Powered by vBulletin? but it's always worked for me.

Top Bottom