• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    man, these things are worse than illegal aliens!

buddy of mine lives in Texas and these things breed so fast and do so much destruction it has completely decimated his deer hunting areas. Can't kill them fast enough and so many that they just leave the meat to rot.

Want2ShootMore

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Marion
    Ditto to the above. I feel a little (just a little) bad that I'm so excited that I may run across some of these on my winter 'yote hunts. Maybe time to upgrade to a .308 :)

Yeah, I'm not excited for the farmers, but I am excited to have a good reason to keep the 458 SOCOM in the vehicle at all times.:rockwoot:

ajanes10

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2012
    I've herd that if you dont have them around then you want them....but as soon as they come around that you want them all to go away. There are over 2 million in Texas now. Ill just keep a .308 by the back door when they over take Indiana.

ZS84

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Columbus
    man, these things are worse than illegal aliens!

buddy of mine lives in Texas and these things breed so fast and do so much destruction it has completely decimated his deer hunting areas. Can't kill them fast enough and so many that they just leave the meat to rot.

Yeah but they will let us shoot the hogs and we even get a handshake from the CO:rockwoot:

I did not think about the neg impact on deer hunting areas. Hmmmm. To bad we can not just have a few without them getting way out of control

ZS84

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Columbus
    Ummm turn off the BBQ. I am sorry for the guys loss but there are things that he could have done that could have changed the outcome of this story. If I had a dog that resembled a coyote then he would have a collar on at all times. This guy should have tagged the pigs and contacted the DNR when they got out. This sucks for the guy but he choose not to do these things and now this is the outcome. I am glad that the DNR is standing by how the situation was handled.

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    If I did have a dog that was free to roam, or you did for that matter, and we were neighbors, let me tell you what would happen, or that I would expect to happen if it ended up on your or my property: BANG!

Plain and simple.

Be responsible. It isn't someone else's fault that his pigs got shot, it is his, alone, um, period.

The "fence" for his hogs was two strands of barwire. Guess what? That is NOT how you restrain hogs, regardless if they are Duroc, or potbellied.

No, the shooter is not at fault here. I do happen to know him, and he was on the phone with the DNR the whole time. When the DNR got there, the CO said: "Yep, those are feral pigs!"

If it looks like a wild hog, smells like a wild hog, gets shot like a wild hog..............it will always, from that day forward, be considered a wild hog.................

Aaronhome27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Kendallville
    Got em in Northern Indiana, got em in Southern Indiana, so it shouldn't be too long we'll have em thick here in Central Indiana. Hunting will go up a notch or two. My friend in Texas says they are some good free eating. Fire up the BBQ.

There is another Indiana hunting forum I am a member on as well. On the other forum there is a member that goes by IndianasHogman. He has been killing large numbers of hogs just south east of Indy for several years now and he says they cannot keep up with them there. He has reported that he quit counting after taking over 80 hogs in that area personally. He has taken groups of guys out at a time and had plenty of pictures to show of their hunts as well.

ZS84

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Columbus
    There is another Indiana hunting forum I am a member on as well. On the other forum there is a member that goes by IndianasHogman. He has been killing large numbers of hogs just south east of Indy for several years now and he says they cannot keep up with them there. He has reported that he quit counting after taking over 80 hogs in that area personally. He has taken groups of guys out at a time and had plenty of pictures to show of their hunts as well.

Be my guest to give him my name and number so he can get ahold of me. It would be something I am willing to help him out with.:D

Top Bottom