• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CombatNinja

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2012
    Lafayette
    I was wondering if any one knows where you can hunt Ferral hogs at? There are very few restrictions for hunting them in IN. Which are you have to have written permission from the landowners and you can't hunt on public property oh and the last one you can't leave them alive. There is no bag limit you don't need a license and you can use anything from your bare hands to an abrahms tank to hunt them.

Here is the link to the DNR page. DNR: Feral / Wild Hog

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Good luck. If and when they become a real problem here you can expect the same situation I found when I was in Texas. The land owners *****ed and whined about all of the damage the hogs did but as soon as you offered to come and shoot all of them you could find they held out their hand wanting money for the privilege.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    All I know is that is we need to kill them all before they spread! I don't want those sucker here!

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I'll volunteer right now to assist any land owner in this state who has a problem with feral hogs. I will bring corn, I will bring a suppressed .308 with night vision and I will lay waste to any hog that comes in for a free meal. I will gut and skin the hogs and I will share the meat with the land owner or donate some of it to a food bank. I will not pay for helping however.

This offer has no expiration date.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I'll volunteer right now to assist any land owner in this state who has a problem with feral hogs. I will bring corn, I will bring a suppressed .308 with night vision and I will lay waste to any hog that comes in for a free meal. I will gut and skin the hogs and I will share the meat with the land owner or donate some of it to a food bank. I will not pay for helping however.

Sounds like a good deal to me! I am dying to have night vision for such hunting!

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T

Damn, this makes me want to buy land just to see your operation in person!

CombatNinja

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2012
    Lafayette
    Its illegal to charge to hunt them in Indiana.I alsoam offering my services I have a .300 blackout craving some pork. I've got nvgs to hunt at night and smoke some pigs by the light of the moon.

CombatNinja

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2012
    Lafayette
    I've got PVS 7s with a helmet mount I'd like to get the pvs 14 with a weaponmount but they arelike 5-6k not cheap. I only paid 1500 for mine. Well worth the money

CombatNinja

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2012
    Lafayette
    I'm sorry I just realized I posted this in the wrong forum this post needs to move to the great outdoors how do I go about doing that do I repost it or should I let the mods know first so I don't get in trouble?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Good luck. If and when they become a real problem here you can expect the same situation I found when I was in Texas. The land owners *****ed and whined about all of the damage the hogs did but as soon as you offered to come and shoot all of them you could find they held out their hand wanting money for the privilege.

I saw this exact behavior in Texas in the mid-90s. I was dumbfounded.

I remember asking why the landowners were not paying bounties to hunters per set of ears. They looked at me as if I was a space alien. I wrote it off to Yankee-Southern cultural differences.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Ooh, got the 300BLK with a butt kicking night vision scope, should have a can one of these days. I could dig it.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I've got PVS 7s with a helmet mount I'd like to get the pvs 14 with a weaponmount but they arelike 5-6k not cheap. I only paid 1500 for mine. Well worth the money

Yeah, I would love to have a single one day, they are about 3 grand new though, so no way I am paying that for 2! I know a guy who got a used for about 1800 bucks and I could spend that on it all day for what he got... Just stumbled upon a deal though I'd say!

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I got a buddy in east Texas with the golden pass, 12,000+ acres of prime hunting ground, there are ruts everywhere. I enjoy night shoots, the night sky is very bright there and having a great set of binoculars you can have a lot of fun.

Texas landowners don't like people they don't know, if they don't know at least 6 generations of your family you are dead to them, when you knock on their door you better sound like them, they are simple folk and don't understand why you are bothering them, they figure you are going to steal their cattle or shoot their cattle.

Landowners are making bank off of helicopter hog hunts, while they love to complain they have slowly learned to get paid...

The local helicopter there has a mounted .50cal, you can feel it in your chest when they are blasting away at hogs a few woods away.

ARRAY

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    Griffith
    Man I would love to do some more hog hunting I am up for any that needs some help removing them also I would like to try yote hunting without driving forever and a day anyone need any help let me know

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    One thing I've wondered about.
    (sorry if this is a dumb question)

I've watched videos of an individual going out and shooting MANY wild hogs in one sitting.

There ends up being WAY MORE dead hogs than seems possible to clean up.

Do they just let them lay for the buzzards or other hogs to eat?

If not, how do they get rid of them all?

Last edited:

CombatNinja

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2012
    Lafayette
    I honestly don't know? You would think they would call a buddy or two to come help or just give them away. I have heard that wild boar meat is tough and not any good to eat. Yet as I watch some of the videos they specifically say that ones an eater. So I guess when I get the chance I will form my own opinion. As far as I know in in Diana there isn't anything illegal about leaving them lay heck maybe it would attract more pigs later on they will eat anything.

Top Bottom