• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Falschirmjaeger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2017
    Noblesville
    I was always disarmed for my own protection...which is why I always carried knives, a lot of knives. Some of the deployments I went on were considered BYOG assignments because everyone knew the official position was CYA crapolla and we were going into danger close. The idiocy of their decision making was directly tied back to political outcomes at home with no consider for the soldiers under fire (sort of like the current budget process).

Of course they would send me disarmed to a place where I would pick up a fully loaded tank or fighter jet...then we could pick up a gun...and tons of destruction, not before.

BTW, I'm reading your dad's book "Gunning Adventures in Germany" (hardcover off Amazon), we were there about the same time and I have to say Thanks for the Memories!

Thor--totally agree with your take. BTW thanks for following up about the old man's book! I'll let him know you're reading it. Please leave a positive review if you like the book! As soon as he finishes his Vietnam memoirs, we might put that on Amazon, too

Top Bottom