• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I would start with a Rever's Riders rifle event. They are cheap and provide a great base of skills and knowledge to train from. I have taken some defensive rifle classes and strongly feel that I was well served taking some fundamental rifle instruction before moving on to tactical instruction. On that note, Tactical Response is totally worth the money and time if you are taking Fighting Pistol. I do not think Fighting Rifle is as much of a value, especially considering the local training you have available.

ol' Huff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    I would start with a Rever's Riders rifle event. They are cheap and provide a great base of skills and knowledge to train from. I have taken some defensive rifle classes and strongly feel that I was well served taking some fundamental rifle instruction before moving on to tactical instruction. On that note, Tactical Response is totally worth the money and time if you are taking Fighting Pistol. I do not think Fighting Rifle is as much of a value, especially considering the local training you have available.

JUMPIN JEEZUS What in the world are you doing suggesting that?! Why in the world would anyone want to establish base fundamentals as a route to long term training success? Get outta here.

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    ACT and Revere's Riders AR classes are top notch and state local. Quite affordable as well.
    I'd add Defense Shooting Concepts to this list also. Ironically I think they all have rifle class offerings over the May 20/21st weekend.
    Revere's carbine class should not be confused with the
    classes that they, and Appleseed, are known for. That carbine class rivals offerings available elsewhere and also
    incorporates remote controlled moving targets plus CQB to 200 yards...
    Plenty of great offerings here in Indiana from fundamental to more advanced. Any of the above will challenge you no matter where your skills currently are at.
    Good luck.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Okay, so I'll ask it; what the heck is a Tactical Fighting rifle class? I signed up for the Revere's Rider's class but I see it as a carbine class in which I will learn how to zero my rifle, follow necessary and fundamental safety and marksmanship skills plus some shooting around barricades, reloads and engaging various targets at various ranges.

'splain the "tactical" part and the "fighting" part please.:)

whitemamba91

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2017
    South Bend
    Okay, so I'll ask it; what the heck is a Tactical Fighting rifle class? I signed up for the Revere's Rider's class but I see it as a carbine class in which I will learn how to zero my rifle, follow necessary and fundamental safety and marksmanship skills plus some shooting around barricades, reloads and engaging various targets at various ranges.

'splain the "tactical" part and the "fighting" part please.:)

I didnt word it the best lol by tactical fight rifle i meant something that is quite physical. I dont want something that i remain static. I want to be put in situations that put me out of my comfort zone if that makes sense

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I didnt word it the best lol by tactical fight rifle i meant something that is quite physical. I dont want something that i remain static. I want to be put in situations that put me out of my comfort zone if that makes sense

As somebody mentioned you will want plenty of work in fundamentals. Very hard and potentially dangerous to do the physical stuff without a firm grasp of the fundamentals. Being able to handle a weapon instinctively (for lack of better explaination) allows a person to think about the tasks at hand.

Contact Rhino and ObiJohn on this board. Follow their advice. Then contact Cedartop on this board once they are done with you.

Earl Sinclair

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Fortress Defense and/or John Farnam's classes will take you out of your comfort zone. Repeatedly. You will be presented with multiple problems and conflicting goals (kinda like life), and you will have to find a way to solve them. Volunteer to go first - there's nothing like learning to think on your feet with a rifle in your hands.

I started training with John and Fortress years ago on Rhino's advice and I've continued to take additional courses as family commitments and finances allow. There's no substitute for good training.

Top Bottom