FightLite SCR 5.56 Pistol: The New Hotness or Useless?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cosmos556

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2017
    Greenwood
    At the risk of ridicule, that thing is fugly. It certainly is not what comes to mind when I hear the word "pistol."

Understood, but counterpoint: it looks more like a Pistol than the run of the mill AR with a bare receiver extension.

Would be fitting for a 21st century pirate, in case your AK with the stock removed fell overboard :rofl:

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    This thing is like the Pontiac Aztec of guns. Reminds me of how NASCAR commentator Mike Joy described the Aztec: "The answer, to which there was no question."

Last edited:

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    Looks like :poop:. I don't really think any AR pistol fills a role. Or AK pistol for that matter.
    Wow, I hope they didn't put too much time into that thing. All my opinions of course, YMMV.

Well...
    I first agree that that looks like a piece of legal loop hole for one of our communist States.
    Please, allow me to address your thoughts on AR pistol roles. I carried a GAU5 for pay for a few years (Thank You). After becoming a civilian I picked up an AR15 that had been a test mule for a legal full auto builder. The extra holes had been TIGed back in. It never really filled the role the GAU5 did. I used to clear tight spaces and the GAU5 allowed you to change directions quickly. Not wanting or needing a full auto. I set out to build a replacement for the GAU. I always carried it with the stock collapsed. So this would not need a stock at all. The GAU5 had an 10.5" barrel with what was supposed to be a moderator/supressor flash thingy. I got a simular length using an 11.5" barrel with a shorter flash hider. I knew it would be louder. No cost for SBR, Full Auto, or supressor. Compared to a GAU5 price wise, CHEAP! Ability to fill the role as I used it, EXCELLENT! I much prefer it to a shotgun for home defense. High round capacity and if I am responsible for every pellet fired, I'd rather fire those pellets one at a time. M855 weighs 62 grain and travels over twice the speed of 00 buck shot which weighs 60 grains. Now don't get me wrong. The first 2 mags are loaded with .223 HP and there are a few more mags of BALL before the green tips. And that my brother is the role of my AR pistol.

Just in case the 12 guage slug question comes up, that is what the 454 Casull is for. Another pistols role.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Is it just me, or does anyone else get a bad feeling about how close some companies are skirting the NFA laws?

Also that thing is useless. Worst of both worlds just like the Shockwave.

I don't care for any short barrel 5.56, as short barrels reduce velocity and effectiveness in that caliber, and increase muzzle blast.

I do, however, have a Shockwave with a light and laser. It's far from worthless. It's short and easy to handle, and hitting man-sized targets at "across the room" distance is quick and easy.

It would be the worst of all worlds for anyone who breaks into my house.

Also, if products that are within the law make you uncomfortable, you might want to reevaluate your feelings regarding freedom.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Also, if products that are within the law make you uncomfortable, you might want to reevaluate your feelings regarding freedom.

:rolleyes: This thing and the shockwave are range toys. Nothing else. I'm glad you like your shockwave and hope you never need to use it for your stated purpose. But you can't argue a real stock wouldn't make it better suited for the task. SBSs are great for close quarters. But just like bump stocks the first time some jerk uses this or a shockwave in a crime just watch how fast the antis clamor for them to be outlawed. Just saying, no reason to give them any more than they already have. Things like this only push the envelope and give them something else to try to take away later.

I'd love to see the NFA repealed along with the other useless BS laws, with full constitutional rights reinstated to "We the people". Trust me I'm VERY comfortable with freedom and I'd like to keep as much of it as I can without our own side feeding the fire within which it's burning.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    :rolleyes: This thing and the shockwave are range toys. Nothing else. I'm glad you like your shockwave and hope you never need to use it for your stated purpose.

5 rounds of laser-sighted 00 buckshot from across the room? I think I'll be ok. Thanks for your concern. :):

The US Marshals didn't seem to think that they were range toys: https://www.tactical-life.com/firearms/wilson-witness-protection-870/

But you can't argue a real stock wouldn't make it better suited for the task. SBSs are great for close quarters.

I'll agree with that. I've got an extra Mossberg stock laying around here somewhere. If SHTF and I have a pressing need for an SBS on a full time basis, my level of concern about NFA laws will probably be greatly reduced. 5 minutes with an allen wrench and I've got an SBS if I want it. In the meantime, it's just as easy to get accurate, fast hits with a green laser sight.

But just like bump stocks the first time some jerk uses this or a shockwave in a crime just watch how fast the antis clamor for them to be outlawed. Just saying, no reason to give them any more than they already have. Things like this only push the envelope and give them something else to try to take away later.

I'd love to see the NFA repealed along with the other useless BS laws, with full constitutional rights reinstated to "We the people". Trust me I'm VERY comfortable with freedom and I'd like to keep as much of it as I can without our own side feeding the fire within which it's burning.

Oh no, anti-gunners might want to take away guns, so we shouldn't use guns, because they might screech about taking away guns!

LOL :):

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Whatever dude, have a good one.

BTW "intent to construct" is a thing, and you may want to reconsider your last post.

Thank you. And congratulations. :)

2IKRKxK.jpg

bullet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Seymour
    This thing is like the Pontiac Aztec of guns. Reminds me of how NASCAR commentator Mike Joy described the Aztec: "The answer, to which there was no question."
    Years ago I was working in Mexico. I had the pleasure to meet one of the head guys that designed the Aztec. I told him it looked like a modern day VW Thing and I could'nt see it doing well in the market. He told me they were very proud of it and thought it was going to do very well.
    I'll bet they wished he listen to me now. lol.
    He showed me the new Buick Rendezvous, number 3 off the line. I thought it was very cool and would do very well. Can't be right all the time I guess.

Top Bottom