• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    The other thing I find I like on the smaller Glocks is a Tungsten Guide Rod...the additional but little weight it offers really tame muzzle-flip while shooting and helps to calm recoil!
    They're a tad expensive, but they do work and I've been using them for a few years now...well worth the few extra $$ to help make for a tight-shooting little pistol.

J

Jwhite1

Won’t be distance! I have several glocks now, since purchasing my first one 6 years ago.

three50seven

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    Miami County
    Congratulations! I bought my first, a 19 gen 4, last Summer. I swore for years I'd never own one....but honestly I really like it. It's not my edc, unless venturing to the big city, but it's still comfortable to carry IWB.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    learn to shoot without using your pinky finger.
    works on all size glocks once you learn how well you shoot with just 2 finger pressure.
    I have three glocks, down from five just a year ago.
    my carry, but I don't EDC is G36.
    It simply shoots extremely well for me and fits nicely in a desantis intruder IWB with space for Crimson Trace cmr201 red or cmr206 green.
    yes no rail on G36 but I can mount & use it with G30 & G22 as the G36 was a later purchase.
    BTW I shoot all my Glocks without using my pinky finger equally well.
    I traded my G17 & G20 because I had better accuracy in 9mm with a Springfield XDs 3.3 stnl/blk and my G30 has a 10mm stormlake barrel so didn't need the G20.
    Your G26 will be fun to shoot but don't get too frustrated because there is a learning curve for all glocks/ especially compacts. once you learn to shoot a compact you can do well will all Glocks.
    good shooting

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    learn to shoot without using your pinky finger.
    works on all size glocks once you learn how well you shoot with just 2 finger pressure.
    I have three glocks, down from five just a year ago.
    my carry, but I don't EDC is G36.
    It simply shoots extremely well for me and fits nicely in a desantis intruder IWB with space for Crimson Trace cmr201 red or cmr206 green.
    yes no rail on G36 but I can mount & use it with G30 & G22 as the G36 was a later purchase.
    BTW I shoot all my Glocks without using my pinky finger equally well.
    I traded my G17 & G20 because I had better accuracy in 9mm with a Springfield XDs 3.3 stnl/blk and my G30 has a 10mm stormlake barrel so didn't need the G20.
    Your G26 will be fun to shoot but don't get too frustrated because there is a learning curve for all glocks/ especially compacts. once you learn to shoot a compact you can do well will all Glocks.
    good shooting

Well said OpenWell...and I concur on the Glock 36...great little .45!

Hickok45...we all know him...says it best!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMXJ3W8j80Q

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    Well said OpenWell...and I concur on the Glock 36...great little .45!

Hickok45...we all know him...says it best!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMXJ3W8j80Q

thank you.
    hickok45 is fan of Glocks, especially compacts. he just likes being able to use full size mags as interchangeable. & many other guns. he does really good videos.
    I also like his talon grips idea but I use aluminum foil to form a template for two strips of skate board tape on each of my glocks. 5 feet of it costs $ 5.25 sbipped free & all you need is harbour freight heatgun. gives me fantastic grip with two fingers without using my pinky.

Splash1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Bloomington
    You won’t need night sights. They can be helpful in finding your pistol on the dresser at night, but really serve very little purpose. I would suggest getting other sights as Glock plastic sights are flimsy at best. Look at a good set of blacked out rear and a black or fiber optic front. This will serve you better.

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    You won’t need night sights. They can be helpful in finding your pistol on the dresser at night, but really serve very little purpose. I would suggest getting other sights as Glock plastic sights are flimsy at best. Look at a good set of blacked out rear and a black or fiber optic front. This will serve you better.

Glock is a plastic frame gun with a medal slide and small metal locking block. That allows for a handgun to carry maximum ammo in the mags without All The Unnecessary Weight!
    Glock horseshoe sights are well designed easy to use and yes made of plastic just like the frame.

PLASTIC IS A Good Thing!

Glocks are a Good Thing.....not the only thing.....
    other guns are too.

just thumbs up for Glock design engineers.

yep. of course ya need a metal barrel.....hahaha:)

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    My perspective on the sight issue is that if this will be a nightstand gun, you do need night sights. Glocks come with dovetail protectors that are marked with sights so you can shoot the gun until you get the sights replaced. Plastic sights should be relegated to air soft guns. Just my opinion.

Night sights on a nightstand gun may make the difference between quickly grabbing a gun correctly or knocking it off the nightstand and making it unavailable at the exact moment you need it most.

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    night stand gun?
    where shall we begin?
    let's begin@ the begining shall we.....
    OP is excited he got a G26 gen 4.
    has not shot it yet.
    wants advice on bells & whisles like a light? G26 has no rail. so not best of the brightest ideas. needless to go on.
    I venture to guess most night stand guns are inside some drawer or such for minimum level safety..
    and as Glocks all have three safeties top of the stand is possible.
    but not safe.

I am not worried that his G26 will fall to the floor & land on its plastic factory horseshoe rear-sight and break.

YMMV

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    My perspective on the sight issue is that if this will be a nightstand gun, you do need night sights. Glocks come with dovetail protectors that are marked with sights so you can shoot the gun until you get the sights replaced. Plastic sights should be relegated to air soft guns. Just my opinion.

Night sights on a nightstand gun may make the difference between quickly grabbing a gun correctly or knocking it off the nightstand and making it unavailable at the exact moment you need it most.

Agreed, anything I'm going to carry or put into potential defensive use, gets night sights. And definitely agree on Glock OEM standard sights just being placeholders.

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    OP you don't need night sights as a G26 is designed as a 10 round point and shoot defensive weapon.

guys that use references like Glock factory sights are just "placeholder sights" til you your next pay so you can put on night sights are generally, but not always the guys that......
    undercut the trigger guards & stipple the frames.

just not realizing that ruins the Glock frame. destroys the resale value & requires a new 4473 & alot of $ to fix.

so enjoy you "stock" Glock cause there are plenty of neat add-ons available.

Glocks are fun so enjoy.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    OP you don't need night sights as a G26 is designed as a 10 round point and shoot defensive weapon.

guys that use references like Glock factory sights are just "placeholder sights" til you your next pay so you can put on night sights are generally, but not always the guys that......
    undercut the trigger guards & stipple the frames.

just not realizing that ruins the Glock frame. destroys the resale value & requires a new 4473 & alot of $ to fix.

so enjoy you "stock" Glock cause there are plenty of neat add-ons available.

Glocks are fun so enjoy.

Uhm... just no. My prior post in this thread ONLY suggested night sights and one minor change, for the gen 4 specifically which is a rounded Vickers mag release, as noted below (which is easily user installed and easily user removed if one does not like it).
    We can each have our own opinion, and if you want to stick with Glock's OEM non night sight then do so(the stock night sights that Glock has used in the past on some guns are good), but I think the comment that night sights are generally equated with a bad stippling job is a bit of a stretch. And Glock's standard OEM sights are just not that great.

My previous comment:

Personally, the only real mods I'd look to do would be a good set of night sights (trijicon HDs are my preferred, but the ameriglo Spartans are very similar, but I have had trouble finding them at times)

and a Vickers rounded mag release (they may say extended but they are not for gen 4, they simply round out the rectangular angles and make it much more ergonomic to me)

That and plenty of mags and ammo.

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    sorry Websnyper.
    Nightsights are fine.
    I have a set of Trijicon TFOs still in package. savin em for a rainy day.
    I had a set on G20 that worked fine.
    If you want night sights that's good.

mag & slide releases is where Glock engineers got a little too frugal and yes replacements are very easy.

Glocks are great guns for add-ons of every type.
    my G30 gen4 has stormlake 10mm conversion barrel. extended slide release wolffe 2-piece guide rod with 3 var springs to adjust for recoil. a modified extractor to handle fat/slim 45acp/10mm center axis extraction.
    I hang either a crimson trace cmr201 or cmr206 on G30 & G22 as I like.

I found that I enjoy shooting Glocks.

you can have lots of fun & still have the perfect weapon for defense.

when I read about "placeholder" plastic Glock sights I think of guys that really never think too far ahead.

I was going too far & just havin fun with the under-cut trigger guards & stippling jobs stuff cause I see alot for sale.

LilEnis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2020
    Boonvegas
    I do not own glock but I have used them from friends. they are good gun for plastic lol. if you want a good belt gun get you a 1911 thay are best been a round a long time the glock will be round long time to but steel last longer than plastic if you take care of it lol.

Top Bottom