• ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    sorry Websnyper.
    Nightsights are fine.
    I have a set of Trijicon TFOs still in package. savin em for a rainy day.
    I had a set on G20 that worked fine.
    If you want night sights that's good.

mag & slide releases is where Glock engineers got a little too frugal and yes replacements are very easy.

Glocks are great guns for add-ons of every type.
    my G30 gen4 has stormlake 10mm conversion barrel. extended slide release wolffe 2-piece guide rod with 3 var springs to adjust for recoil. a modified extractor to handle fat/slim 45acp/10mm center axis extraction.
    I hang either a crimson trace cmr201 or cmr206 on G30 & G22 as I like.

I found that I enjoy shooting Glocks.

you can have lots of fun & still have the perfect weapon for defense.

when I read about "placeholder" plastic Glock sights I think of guys that really never think too far ahead.

I was going too far & just havin fun with the under-cut trigger guards & stippling jobs stuff cause I see alot for sale.

Understood, and I generally agree that less is often more when it comes to Glock mods.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    OP you don't need night sights as a G26 is designed as a 10 round point and shoot defensive weapon.

guys that use references like Glock factory sights are just "placeholder sights" til you your next pay so you can put on night sights are generally, but not always the guys that......
    undercut the trigger guards & stipple the frames.

just not realizing that ruins the Glock frame. destroys the resale value & requires a new 4473 & alot of $ to fix.

so enjoy you "stock" Glock cause there are plenty of neat add-ons available.

Glocks are fun so enjoy.

I don’t stipple anything but I do undercut the trigger guard. The Glock pistol is a cheap plastic pistol with stamped steel parts and the bare minimum of quality steel milled parts only where absolutely necessary. They are a commodity gun that also happens to be remarkably reliable and very accurate. They tend to have a higher capacity that similar sized guns and are the essence of simplicity.

This is not to knock the Glock. They are great guns for many people. The G26 is considered by some to be the best carry gun ever built. There’s a whole thread to that point on GT. Personally, I’d say the G23 was closer to that but it’s a personal preference.

The Glock 23 on my hip as I write this has an undercut trigger guard, Glock factory night sights, Talon grip tapes and a replacement trigger shoe. It’s been remarkably reliable and accurate for me for north of 3000 rounds.

Glocks are great pistols but to buy into perfection is to totally miss the point of them. They are very adaptable and can be tweaked to fit anyone’s personal need. To think that there is something wrong with replacing the cheap, plastic sight with a decent sight is silly. I don’t want to carry a gun with a sight that can be easily broken if I catch it on a door or wall.

Last edited:

smiley69_300

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Ripley County
    learn to shoot without using your pinky finger.
    works on all size glocks once you learn how well you shoot with just 2 finger pressure.
    I have three glocks, down from five just a year ago.
    my carry, but I don't EDC is G36.
    It simply shoots extremely well for me and fits nicely in a desantis intruder IWB with space for Crimson Trace cmr201 red or cmr206 green.
    yes no rail on G36 but I can mount & use it with G30 & G22 as the G36 was a later purchase.
    BTW I shoot all my Glocks without using my pinky finger equally well.
    I traded my G17 & G20 because I had better accuracy in 9mm with a Springfield XDs 3.3 stnl/blk and my G30 has a 10mm stormlake barrel so didn't need the G20.
    Your G26 will be fun to shoot but don't get too frustrated because there is a learning curve for all glocks/ especially compacts. once you learn to shoot a compact you can do well will all Glocks.
    good shooting

Thank you very much for the advice. I did like shooting it better without my pinky. But like you said definitely a learning curve. I need more practice for sure. Getting ready to order some targets and setup a little range on my property.

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    thanks Smiley69_300

do yourself a favor practice @ 7 yds or less to begin.....

I also use two strips of skateboard tape on my gen 4 Glocks. placed where the finger grooves are from right-side to the left-side.
    gives fantastic grip for me.
    If you like you can use aluminum foil to mould a pattern to cut one-piece like I prefer.
    have fun.
    must be really nice to shoot @home

Top Bottom