• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45pro

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Plymouth
    Ok guys for those of you who have been following my build i have finally finished it. I'm going to pick up a RDS eventually but for now here she is....

Tapco g2 trigger
    houge grip
    utg rail guards
    5.5" muzzle brake
    Magpul RVG
    Magpul m4 stock
    Ace folding mechanism
    modified safety lever for BHO

IMAG0561.jpg

IMAG0562.jpg

IMAG0563.jpg

45pro

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Plymouth
    That's a nice little gun. Good job.
    Have you ever considered going the SBR route with one?

Yeah, maybe someday. I really like how it is right now, i know everyone really like SBR's i guess i just really dont see the point in paying $200 to be able to shorten my barrel a couple inches. And i just would HATE giving the government $200 for something that should not cost a dime....

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    It is welded.

Yup no obstuctions at all looking through the sights.

Figured it was welded but was the barrel threaded? Have been wanting to change one out for a buddy but am concerned about the barrel, hate to split it and find out it is not threaded.

45pro

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Plymouth
    That :rockwoot::yesway: !!!!!

How did you end up mounting the ACE folder block ?

well the left hole i drilled and tapped just fine, the right hole i drilled, got 1/2 way down and snapped the tap off. I could not find anywhere that would get the tap out. So i moved it down a little and drilled a new hole and started tapping it. I BROKE ANOTHER TAP!. at this point i was getting real p*ssed. i had enough room to drop it a little more and make a third hole. i started tapping and got about 3/4 of the way down and it started binding up. i stopped there and grinded some washers smaller and used them to "shim" the bolt so it would tighten down all the way. Now, you cannot see my other "screw ups" the folding mechanism is adjustable 1/2 and it is big enough that it covers the messups.

45pro

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Plymouth
    Figured it was welded but was the barrel threaded? Have been wanting to change one out for a buddy but am concerned about the barrel, hate to split it and find out it is not threaded.

Yeah as far as i know all draco barrels are threaded. You just grind off the little weld holding on the barrel nut and you have 1/2" of threads. screw on brake and weld it.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    I'm going to pick up a RDS eventually

I've fired ~3k through my Draco with a Primary Arms RDS on it. It cowittnesses with an Ultimak, don't know if it will with what you're running. Don't know if that even matters to you.

The only wierdness with the P.A. is the dot on mine flickers while firing when the battery gets low. At first it pissed me off, now I look at it as an "early" warning to change the battery.

I know that there are better RDS's out there, but the durability of mine has been more than I expected... especially at the price I paid.

Mine's a "Gen 1," but here's a link to the current model.

Primary Arms Micro Dot (Gen 7)

45pro

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Plymouth
    I've fired ~3k through my Draco with a Primary Arms RDS on it. It cowittnesses with an Ultimak, don't know if it will with what you're running. Don't know if that even matters to you.

The only wierdness with the P.A. is the dot on mine flickers while firing when the battery gets low. At first it pissed me off, now I look at it as an "early" warning to change the battery.

I know that there are better RDS's out there, but the durability of mine has been more than I expected... especially at the price I paid.

Mine's a "Gen 1," but here's a link to the current model.

Primary Arms Micro Dot (Gen 7)

thats not a bad price. i may look more into it. im not real worried about co-wittnessing

Top Bottom