• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Martin Draco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    What size screws did you use for the Ace adapter and how deep before you broke your taps?? Next time you're in Carmel I might be able to extract them for you.

45pro

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Plymouth
    So is finally done or do you have more plans for it??:)::rockwoot:

I'm done with it for now...i'm looking into options of adding a rail to the rear part of the gun and adding a RDS i dont really like it up on the front of the rails.

What size screws did you use for the Ace adapter and how deep before you broke your taps?? Next time you're in Carmel I might be able to extract them for you.

the stock ace bolts. the tap was a 10-32. I'm not real worried about getting them out cause you cant see them. But if your up for it we can try it. i got the first tap about all the way down, the last couple turns it snapped off. the next one snapped off really easy and i was only 1/2 way down. the third hole i a little over 1/2 way and it started binding up again so i quit and ground some washers down to make shims for it.

Ziggy01

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Turned out nice!! But everyone here knows they are rarely ever "done" just works in progress!

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    I was always under the impression that one can not turn a pistol into a rifle without paying a tax? or do I have that bass ackwards?

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I was always under the impression that one can not turn a pistol into a rifle without paying a tax? or do I have that bass ackwards?

You can't turn a pistol into a short-barreled rifle (SBR) without registering it and paying your $200 tax stamp, because SBRs are Title II/NFA weapons. But turning a pistol into a rifle with a barrel 16" or longer (a Title I weapon) does not carry the same requirement.

45pro

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Plymouth
    What led you to take an AK pistol and put all that time and money into turning it into a rifle, when you could've just bought a rifle off the rack to begin with? :dunno:

1. cuz i like the way it looks.
    2. i got tired of the "pistol"
    3. i now have a pistol AND rifle(when i fold and unfold the stock)
    4. cuz i like the way it looks....wait did i say that already?:D

45pro

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Plymouth
    You can't turn a pistol into a short-barreled rifle (SBR) without registering it and paying your $200 tax stamp, because SBRs are Title II/NFA weapons. But turning a pistol into a rifle with a barrel 16" or longer (a Title I weapon) does not carry the same requirement.

yeah, what he said.:yesway:

Oliver08

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Grant county,IN
    As I understnd it, the Draco does not fall under the 922 thingy but a rifle does. Does that mean to do the convert you have to limit the number of import parts on the gun?

45pro

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Plymouth
    As I understnd it, the Draco does not fall under the 922 thingy but a rifle does. Does that mean to do the convert you have to limit the number of import parts on the gun?

yes, once you convert the draco to a rifle you have to meet 922r compliance. Even if you SBR it, it still needs to be meet compliance.

Top Bottom