• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I can afford both depending on can cost working with about 1200-1500$ budget with tax cost. i think 30cal can and a 9mm can. I really want a scorpion so might go that route instead of 1911/ .45s again haha
    If you want to get a Scorpion, look at this can.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    That looks interesting.
    But I think my barrel is 8 (or 8 something).
    If you have the pistol, it is 7. something. The newer micro is shorter, but they have a version for that too.

If you remember my Tavor suppressor, this is the same company/idea for the scorpion.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I've often thought about getting a suppressor but with tax stamp plus the cost of the can, they would be more expensive than the guns I would be putting them on. Maybe if they drop down in price (I honestly don't know why they would cost more than a couple hundred bucks apiece), I might consider it. Until then, I'll continue to wear ear pro.

Signed,

A cheap bastard. :):
    I understand where you are coming from, and I felt the exact same way until Silcener shop kiosks came around and I figured I would give them at try. Now, after shooting my Savage B22 or Ruger 22/45 lite with my Dead Air Mask, it's almost impossible to get the smile off my face.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I understand where you are coming from, and I felt the exact same way until Silcener shop kiosks came around and I figured I would give them at try. Now, after shooting my Savage B22 or Ruger 22/45 lite with my Dead Air Mask, it's almost impossible to get the smile off my face.
    They are cool. I got the chance to shoot a couple of my buddy's suppressed pistols. A .22 and a 9mm.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I think that if you hunt small game, a .22 can is both practical and fun. It's also good for plinking/ varmint control if you live on large acreage, but have neighbors. A centerfire pistol suppressor can also fill the second need and some folks say it would be useful to have on a bedside gun. Unless you hunt big game and want your rifle suppressed, what would you want a centerfire rifle can for? Trust me, if you get a .22 silencer, you'll shoot it a lot more than the centerfire ones.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    IMO since suppressors are quite costly, maybe buy the one you want the most (e.g. rifle caliber) first and use it for a while. Then decide on the next one after you've had experience using one. It may change your mind on whether you want another one and specifically which one you'd want.

It's a slower process, due to the NFA silliness; but seems like the ATF times are vastly improved over the past.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Everyone has their own, but the first can I bought was the Silencerco hybrid. I still think it's a nice all around can for rifle and pistol.

At the same time I bought a GM22 for small game hunting. Rimfire cans are amazingly fun.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Everyone has their own, but the first can I bought was the Silencerco hybrid. I still think it's a nice all around can for rifle and pistol.

At the same time I bought a GM22 for small game hunting. Rimfire cans are amazingly fun.
    Yep. Hybrid for me for the AR and .308 bolt gun. SiCo Octane 45k for the pistols. I have an Omega 9k dedicated to my 9mm SBR. I stuck with SilencerCo kind of out of coincidence rather than planning.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    It's a slower process, due to the NFA silliness; but seems like the ATF times are vastly improved over the past.
    The times are actually quite worse. 15 years ago the process took about 90 days. When I started buying NFA 5 years ago is was 5-7 months. Now it's 10-12 months

scoutsniper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 93.5%
    29   2   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Connersville
    I just sold my savage bolt .22 lol now I’m regretting it.

I’m almost thinking a 9mm can for pistols and PCC is gonna be more fun then a rifle can. But I would need to find some 147g for subsonic

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I just sold my savage bolt .22 lol now I’m regretting it.

I’m almost thinking a 9mm can for pistols and PCC is gonna be more fun then a rifle can. But I would need to find some 147g for subsonic
    I’m pretty sure ALOT not all pistol cans can do rifles just not as efficiently

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom