• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I can afford both depending on can cost working with about 1200-1500$ budget with tax cost. i think 30cal can and a 9mm can. I really want a scorpion so might go that route instead of 1911/ .45s again haha
    If you want to get a Scorpion, look at this can.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    That looks interesting.
    But I think my barrel is 8 (or 8 something).
    If you have the pistol, it is 7. something. The newer micro is shorter, but they have a version for that too.

If you remember my Tavor suppressor, this is the same company/idea for the scorpion.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I've often thought about getting a suppressor but with tax stamp plus the cost of the can, they would be more expensive than the guns I would be putting them on. Maybe if they drop down in price (I honestly don't know why they would cost more than a couple hundred bucks apiece), I might consider it. Until then, I'll continue to wear ear pro.

Signed,

A cheap bastard. :):
    I understand where you are coming from, and I felt the exact same way until Silcener shop kiosks came around and I figured I would give them at try. Now, after shooting my Savage B22 or Ruger 22/45 lite with my Dead Air Mask, it's almost impossible to get the smile off my face.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I understand where you are coming from, and I felt the exact same way until Silcener shop kiosks came around and I figured I would give them at try. Now, after shooting my Savage B22 or Ruger 22/45 lite with my Dead Air Mask, it's almost impossible to get the smile off my face.
    They are cool. I got the chance to shoot a couple of my buddy's suppressed pistols. A .22 and a 9mm.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I think that if you hunt small game, a .22 can is both practical and fun. It's also good for plinking/ varmint control if you live on large acreage, but have neighbors. A centerfire pistol suppressor can also fill the second need and some folks say it would be useful to have on a bedside gun. Unless you hunt big game and want your rifle suppressed, what would you want a centerfire rifle can for? Trust me, if you get a .22 silencer, you'll shoot it a lot more than the centerfire ones.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    IMO since suppressors are quite costly, maybe buy the one you want the most (e.g. rifle caliber) first and use it for a while. Then decide on the next one after you've had experience using one. It may change your mind on whether you want another one and specifically which one you'd want.

It's a slower process, due to the NFA silliness; but seems like the ATF times are vastly improved over the past.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Everyone has their own, but the first can I bought was the Silencerco hybrid. I still think it's a nice all around can for rifle and pistol.

At the same time I bought a GM22 for small game hunting. Rimfire cans are amazingly fun.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Everyone has their own, but the first can I bought was the Silencerco hybrid. I still think it's a nice all around can for rifle and pistol.

At the same time I bought a GM22 for small game hunting. Rimfire cans are amazingly fun.
    Yep. Hybrid for me for the AR and .308 bolt gun. SiCo Octane 45k for the pistols. I have an Omega 9k dedicated to my 9mm SBR. I stuck with SilencerCo kind of out of coincidence rather than planning.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    It's a slower process, due to the NFA silliness; but seems like the ATF times are vastly improved over the past.
    The times are actually quite worse. 15 years ago the process took about 90 days. When I started buying NFA 5 years ago is was 5-7 months. Now it's 10-12 months

scoutsniper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 93.5%
    29   2   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Connersville
    I just sold my savage bolt .22 lol now I’m regretting it.

I’m almost thinking a 9mm can for pistols and PCC is gonna be more fun then a rifle can. But I would need to find some 147g for subsonic

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I just sold my savage bolt .22 lol now I’m regretting it.

I’m almost thinking a 9mm can for pistols and PCC is gonna be more fun then a rifle can. But I would need to find some 147g for subsonic
    I’m pretty sure ALOT not all pistol cans can do rifles just not as efficiently

Top Bottom