• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If I am following your math, you have bought or sold 1050 firearms over the last 45-50 years? That would be 21 firearms per year, over a 50 year period. That is just shy of one transaction a week. Do you have an FFL?

That is what I am looking at. There are limits and this sounds like a business flying low under the radar.
    Am I wrong here or have we some other issues afoot that should not be discussed on open Forum.....:dunno:

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    That is what I am looking at. There are limits and this sounds like a business flying low under the radar.
    Am I wrong here or have we some other issues afoot that should not be discussed on open Forum.....:dunno:

That is what got my attention. I am an avid gun owner, collector, hobbyist. Over the past 33 years, I have bought or sold 60 different firearms. That is an average of two per year. According to my spreadsheet, the most that I ever bought or sold in a single year is six. Even those six felt like I was straying close to possible business territory. In reality, I was ridding my collection of one-off calibers, that I had used when I taught 4H Shooting Sports. Buying or selling a gun a week, would clean out my current collection in no time.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    When you have a one of caliber I thought that you were supposed to buy another to keep the one from feeling lonely.:)

SnoopLoggyDog

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    When you have a one of caliber I thought that you were supposed to buy another to keep the one from feeling lonely.:)

That is true. However, I wanted to move away from twelve different calibers to six. Makes it easier and cheaper to buy reloading supplies in bulk. :ar15:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    That is what got my attention. I am an avid gun owner, collector, hobbyist. Over the past 33 years, I have bought or sold 60 different firearms. That is an average of two per year. According to my spreadsheet, the most that I ever bought or sold in a single year is six. Even those six felt like I was straying close to possible business territory. In reality, I was ridding my collection of one-off calibers, that I had used when I taught 4H Shooting Sports. Buying or selling a gun a week, would clean out my current collection in no time.

I've bought more than six at gun shops since the beginning of the year. If you count transfers it's over 10. I just love guns and if I sell any I always lose money

Edit: sorry I was wrong, it's 8 total

Last edited:

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I have over 350 deals on G-broker and probably twice that in FTF sales in the last 45-50 years. There MUST BE A WAY where we as sellers, or buyers, can call the guns numbers in and also someones license number to see if there are issues.

It is way too easy for those who shouldn't have guns to get them. In the past year I have refused to sell to 3 people for various reasons. I also will NEVER meet someone for a deal without talking to them on the phone. I know there are the text msg junkies. That's fine but I won't play.

Fire away!waaa2waaa2waaa2waaa2waaa2waaa2waaa2waaa2
    Sounds like you should stick to gunbroker/FFL transfer sales? If you wanna go around playing cop, while bashing them in other threads, this probably isn’t the sales venue for you! You could always ask for a DD214?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    giphy.gif

SnoopLoggyDog

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Hell those are hobby numbers. No one could make a living off those numbers

They may not be enough to make a living, but they can be a large supplement to current income. Especially if the goal of each transaction was to make a profit. All depends on how the law interprets "Business".

x9dUvCu.jpg

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Ya know...it's really kind of annoying when people start controversial threads and just walk away from them...

I'm traveling and have no access to my Deadpool disc...dammit.

King31

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    If I am following your math, you have bought or sold 1050 firearms over the last 45-50 years? That would be 21 firearms per year, over a 50 year period. That is just shy of one transaction a week. Do you have an FFL?

That math would be one every 2.5 weeks right? Not that bad considering "doddg" has about 10 a week! :laugh:

SnoopLoggyDog

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    That math would be one every 2.5 weeks right? Not that bad considering "doddg" has about 10 a week! :laugh:

You are correct. I was thinking pay periods. For me, one gun a payday would result in wall-to-wall financial lecturing from my beloved keeper of the checkbook.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

That's what I was thinking... he's probably on a couple of watch lists already, of course, based on recent failures in FL, that means he has nothing to worry about.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You are correct. I was thinking pay periods. For me, one gun a payday would result in wall-to-wall financial lecturing from my beloved keeper of the checkbook.

Even my spouse would get up in my tail for this kind of activity.

When I retired we sold off about 40 and she was all smiles. New fridge/dishwasher/washer dryer.

Top Bottom