• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Again, I have posted many times that I follow the laws regarding firearms to the letter! BUT I do not and will not add any restrictions of my own. The BATF does not require or even allow me to check a persons background when selling a firearm, I follow the law which states "you may not sell a firearm to a person that you have knowledge or a reasonable suspicion is illegal to possess a firearm" (note: not the exact wording but is the exact meaning). If the person is young (18 to 25) I do require they show me their DL to insure they are of the proper age and an Indiana resident.

We as a group almost all agree any new laws infringing on our 2nd amendments rights are verboten, why then would we add requirements of our own?

NO ONE can stop criminals from obtaining firearms. In the last shooting the idiot had been reported to the FBI who apparently did nothing to stop him from buying firearms. In a previous one the shooter killed his mother and stole her firearms. Criminals always have ways to obtain firearms. They purchase firearms from similar people, or they steal them, or arrange "straw purchases".

I would never purchase a firearm from someone that requires me to do anything beyond the existing laws as a matter of principal even though I hold an FFL collectors license and lifetime LTCH.

We have in my opinion, an obligation to help the firearm sport shooter, the home defense buyer, and new hunters. Many of these persons do not have a LTCH, nor do they need one as they don't intend to carry a handgun. Three of my sisters did at one time retain handguns in their home that were brought back from WW2 by their deceased husbands, two sisters have since passed on. Per the restrictions the OP requires they couldn't have purchased a firearm from him!

The only other restrictions I have is when I purchase a Curio or Relic firearm. As an FFL-03 collector, the law requires I obtain a copy of their license from dealers or FFL-03 collectors, and / or the name and address of a private seller, to retain in my Black book when obtaining or disposing of a firearm that is a C&R obtained after I got my license. If / when I no longer retain my FFL-03 I can dispose of the book.

I can count the number of firearms I have sold or traded to people in the last 40 years on my fingers, as a collector I rarely let one go. I have given a few to my sons as gifts.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    If there was a phone number you could call and get a NICS check on a buyer, what's stop you from calling that number (or website) for all your friends, family, neighbors...

And if you need SSN to do it, why the heck would I give you that information in the Gander Mtn. parking lot?

And how long before this voluntary system becomes mandatory?

Top Bottom