• ...and so much more!
  • Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    "I am the only one in this room who is qualified to handle this pistol.....BANG"

img_6024-1.gif

[video=youtube_share;am-Qdx6vky0]https://youtu.be/am-Qdx6vky0[/video]

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Getting shot in a mandatory class? Wow. And I thought all the Democrat gun control proposals were harsh...

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    "Whatever you do don't point a loaded gun at someone and pull the trigger. Now I'm going to demonstrate what can happen if you don't follow this rule."

Getting shot in a mandatory class? Wow. And I thought all the Democrat gun control proposals were harsh...

It's like cops getting tased or peppersprayed in training... You have to learn the effects first hand to understand it's use...

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Who can forget this video?

Yup and the idiot paid the price for his being an idiot.

I think we the taxpayer paid the price, I thought I read somewhere that he "the only one in the room qualified" sued the dea (or fbi, whichever alphabet government agency he works(d) for) for pain suffering and humiliation for this video being released to the public

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I’ve posted this on here many times and I will continue to do so...

STOP pretending we can do whatever we want with an “unloaded” gun and make rule number one to keep the gun pointed in a safe direction ALWAYS.

LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    Clear violations of rule 1 and rule 3. The individual that did it should have any and all certifications (besides being an absolute danger to all) revoked.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    No amount of instructor credentials can make one a safe gun handler, it's a choice we make every time we pick up a gun to adhere to safe gun handling practices and mitigate the potential risks or not.

https://gunsafetyrules.nra.org/

Learn them today, teach them tomorrow. Choose wisely.

Leonidas

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I don’t mind the mandatory training. You gotta remember most folks aren’t shooters. Just like getting a DL. A safety class can’t hurt. If you are on this site, you probably are a trained shooter. Just remember a ton of folks get a carry permit and have no firearms experience. Now, what instructor you use, that’s a whole different chat!

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I don’t mind the mandatory training. You gotta remember most folks aren’t shooters. Just like getting a DL. A safety class can’t hurt. If you are on this site, you probably are a trained shooter. Just remember a ton of folks get a carry permit and have no firearms experience. Now, what instructor you use, that’s a whole different chat!

I have a problem with the class being mandatory, it's unconstitutional.

I assume people have to pay to take the class and must pass a qualifying exam to get their carry permit.
    The government sets the standard for the class (and the price), it's clearly a form of infringement.

What if one day they decide that the class is $5,000 and that to qualify you must hit a one inch target from 50 yards away?

That will keep most people from owning a gun.

They could also decide one day that as a prerequisite for the class you need to take a medical exam (as it is in some countries), to make sure you're not "crazy".
    Maybe it could include an eye sight test, keeping even more people from owning a gun.

You can't compare it to getting a DL, owning a firearm is a constitutional right, driving isn't.

Of course people should get training, but when the government decides which kind of mandatory training you need then it becomes dangerous.

And not to mention that usually that mandatory training is crap.Sometimes no training is better than bad training.

"A safety class can't hurt"??? Yes it can, the guy got shot during a safety class! Clearly it can hurt.

The government telling you what training you need in order to exercice your constitutional rights is dangerous.

"shall not be infringed" is pretty clear.

:twocents:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I don't know if I am happier that the French dude understand our Constitution or sadder that so many Americans do not.

I have a problem with the class being mandatory, it's unconstitutional.

I assume people have to pay to take the class and must pass a qualifying exam to get their carry permit.
    The government sets the standard for the class (and the price), it's clearly a form of infringement.

What if one day they decide that the class is $5,000 and that to qualify you must hit a one inch target from 50 yards away?

That will keep most people from owning a gun.

They could also decide one day that as a prerequisite for the class you need to take a medical exam (as it is in some countries), to make sure you're not "crazy".
    Maybe it could include an eye sight test, keeping even more people from owning a gun.

You can't compare it to getting a DL, owning a firearm is a constitutional right, driving isn't.

Of course people should get training, but when the government decides which kind of mandatory training you need then it becomes dangerous.

And not to mention that usually that mandatory training is crap.Sometimes no training is better than bad training.

"A safety class can't hurt"??? Yes it can, the guy got shot during a safety class! Clearly it can hurt.

The government telling you what training you need in order to exercice your constitutional rights is dangerous.

"shall not be infringed" is pretty clear.

:twocents:

Top Bottom