• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    I realize Americans pronounce things based on the english spelling of words not the country of origin. Anyway, my current pet peeve is people that mispronounce "Walther" as in the firearms company.

Being German it is pronounced Valt-her.

Walter is acceptable, but not Wall-ther.

There is no THHH sound in the German language.

Anyone else? :popcorn:

Last edited:

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    I don't mean that, I mean when someone calls a Magazine a clip. Things like that.

Oh I gotcha. I hate it when people call high capacity magazines "assault magazines." It's implying that if you have a thirty round magazine (or more) you must be planning on doing something evil with it.

climber409

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Franklin
    Mine is when you get a new gun at your gun shop and the stranger next to you at the counter starts to tell you why you were stupid to buy that gun. Happens more than think.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I guess you could also say that Americans pronounce "Beretta" wrong.I found that it's quite hard for Americans to pronounce the Italian "R".

What bothers me the most is the "clip" vs "magazine", "bullet" vs "round" or "cartridge" etc .
    Another pet peeve, is more a safety thing.It always bothers me to see pictures of people with guns and their finger on the trigger.
    Of course it's actually dangerous if the person next to me has bad trigger discipline but just seeing it on picture, in magazines or in movies, just makes me want to slap the person's face to teach him/her gun safety.

Also I dont like when people call a magazine a "high capacity" magazine, when it's the standard magazine that comes with the gun.It's not HIGH, it's NORMAL or STANDARD.
    A Glock 17 has a 17 rounds magazine, not "high cap", a 10 rounds mag for the Glock 17 (in non-free states) is a LOW cap magazine but I dont know what's HIGH cap is.
    The 33 rounds Glock mag is STANDARD too since it comes standard with the Glock 18.

686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    Call "it" whatever you want, I won't correct you or even care, because I know what you are talking about. So if you want to call your revolver a pistol, or your LTCH a gun permit, or your magazine a clip, or even if you don't pronounce something by it's proper foreign dialect, I don't care, I won't lose sleep over it.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    If they wanted us to pronounce words in German then they should have won the War.

Yeah! And that's why we have coffee breaks instead of tea time! :yesway:

Oh wait... that was a different war. :n00b: My bad, I got on a roll.

Um...

Standard capacity magazines! Yeah! :yesway:

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Mine is when you get a new gun at your gun shop and the stranger next to you at the counter starts to tell you why you were stupid to buy that gun. Happens more than think.
    I hear ya loud and clear.
    I bought a new Kimber about a year ago and the clown next to me told me I should have bought "Brand X".
    I told him bluntly..."Hey Pal, You fish your pole and I'll fish mine."

Top Bottom