• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    Just got a return phone call back and had about a 45 minute conversation with her. She was VERY receptive and asked a lot of questions that I did my best to answer. this included employees being allowed to carry which allowed me to plug in the Indiana code about the parking lot bill although I was unfortunately not able to cite it directly. She informed me that even though she herself doesn't believe in carrying a firearm that she would do everything she could to make sure that the parks department was in the right as far as the law is concerned and after she speaks w/ the city attorney that this would go before the board on September 23rd. She even said that once its changed she would be putting out a press release informing everyone about the change.

this lady was about as professional as you can get, and is a great example of a true American and a hoosier. Even though she doesn't agree with the law, she is doing everything she can possibly do to ensure that they are not violating anyones rights.

You sir are a rock star...

Also interesting to note that she did pull up the IC that I referred to while we were talking. I wonder if she is going to follow up with their county legal representation or hope it goes away?

It would appear research and righting the situation. Look forward to the press release.

RedThunder

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Indy-North
    Definitely OC meet n greet local! Lets break out the scary stuff:ar15:

Fun aside, great work following through. Also of that superintendent for keeping an open mind.

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    I also like that it was handled in a professional way. We should always use civil means to achieve a goal as a first resort. An open carry meet and greet would likely have resulted in bad press and simply given a lot of people the wrong impression of the type of people who carry for personal protection. If they completely blow it off and refuse to change policy after trying other means, by all means meet and greet OC. Very good job getting this done. The more this happens, the safer we all are.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I hear all you guys talking, but I ONLY did this so I could get some rep, and I have ONLY gotten two rep points.... Pony up here guys, I ain't werkin fer free.

Last edited:

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    ...including all weapons, and fireworks are prohibited on Vigo County parkland."

Went camping this last (extended) weekend. After paying, received park vehicle passes and a pamphlet with "2012 campground information". In the section of "Park Policies"(adopted 7/26/10), the above prohibition can be found 4th on the list.

I am curious why this is prohibited or why they are publishing that possession of firearms in the campground is prohibited? This is one of several Vigo County Parks run by Vigo County Parks and Recreation Dept. The "Campground & Camping Policies" were adopted 4/25/11.

Oh, we had a fantastic time camping with family and friends. The weather could not have been better. The fish could have been bigger... What am I saying, the fish were huge...

:+1::+1: For you sir for starting this bit of activism rolling. You and IndyGunWorks get this month's ACTIVISM AWARD!!

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    :+1::+1: For you sir for starting this bit of activism rolling. You and IndyGunWorks get this month's ACTIVISM AWARD!!

Let me know when you want the info on where to send it! Seriously I have made phone called like this many many times and this is the first out of all of them I was able to talk to someone w/ a disagreeing position who was professional enough to realize that it needed to be changed regardless of their personal views. The credit REALLY belongs w/ the vigo county parks superintendent .

Top Bottom