• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Appeals, lots of appeals. They take a long time and are very expensive. Lots of man hours involved on the premise that the person about to be executed is the one who actually committed the crime. Even after all that, 100% innocent people have been executed. I'm really torn as an LEO. However, seeing how messed up our criminal justice system is, I don't trust it to always kill the guilty and that gives me significant pause. Seeing how many people spent decades in prison for crimes they had nothing to do with is scary if you consider that likely correlates to death row.
    Thank you for your explanation.
    I hope that anyone given the death penalty was convicted from facts and not circumstantial evidence.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    How many of those incarcerated and innocent correlates to lazy/corrupt/inept prosecutors. I can see this as a serious problem.
    I’m kind of Old Testament when it comes to this. If an innocent person is prosecuted, the people causing it should get the penalty the innocent did (or would have).

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Hypoxia actually takes several minutes and the spectacle would be determined by the resistance of the condemned.

If they relax, it can be a relatively painless way to go. I used to work in the medgas business and have seen the effects. Nitrogen is effective and about as cheap as you can get.
    H2s(Hydrogen sulfide) is a pretty nasty. It's a byproduct in the oil industry. We have to take classes on H2s safety annually.

In higher concentrations it can kill you right now. Like walk into a room and three steps in you're dead.

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Death sentences should be carried out 366 days after sentencing. If your lawyer hadn't found a good enough reason for a judge to over ride the sentence in 365 days, the next day is your last.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    However, seeing how messed up our criminal justice system is, I don't trust it to always kill the guilty and that gives me significant pause. Seeing how many people spent decades in prison for crimes they had nothing to do with is scary if you consider that likely correlates to death row.
    Exactly. Keep it for the cases where it is without a doubt, not beyond a reasonable doubt. Mass murderers caught in the act come to mind, as do serial killers like Dahmer and Gacey.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Appeals, lots of appeals. They take a long time and are very expensive. Lots of man hours involved to insure that the person about to be executed is the one who actually committed the crime. Even after all that, 100% innocent people have been executed. I'm really torn as an LEO. However, seeing how messed up our criminal justice system is, I don't trust it to always kill the guilty and that gives me significant pause. Seeing how many people spent decades in prison for crimes they had nothing to do with is scary if you consider that likely correlates to death row.

True.

In a bad situation, the best outcome is the aggressor is eliminated by its intended victim.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    90   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Eh. If the state is going to kill people, it should look and sound like the state killing people, not like some quasi-medical procedure as if we're doing this for the inmate's own good.

Hanging, shooting, beheading, whatever. This is the state doing violence, so be honest about it being violence.
    100%.

In fact, the three you mention are the three I approve off, and in that order.
    You have to be a bad person (or at least have committed a bad crime) to deserve to be killed.
    If we're gonna be killing people, (and there are a LOT of times we SHOULD be) then then there should be no mistake about what it is that's going on... and why.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Exactly. Keep it for the cases where it is without a doubt, not beyond a reasonable doubt. Mass murderers caught in the act come to mind, as do serial killers like Dahmer and Gacey.
    Dahmer got it with a metal bar and his brains against the wall. I like it.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    90   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    How many of those incarcerated and innocent correlates to lazy/corrupt/inept prosecutors. I can see this as a serious problem.
    There's a problem with any system, but there's also a solution.

New law: When it is found out that an innocent person has been wrongly executed, (due to corruption, bribery, evidence tampering ...) the responsible party/parties are then assigned that same fate.

Won't take too long before any thoughts of illegal activity, bribery, coercion, will no longer have the desired effect upon weak minded justice system employees.

In the case of incompetence/laziness, sentence will be commuted to life at hard labor. HARD LABOR. I'm talking chain gangs here.

In either case... seeing as how your corruption/ineptitude led to the death of an innocent... YOUR case is deemed ineligible for ANY appeals, sentence to be carried out within 48 hrs.

Think of it as "drain the swamp" justice system style.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Do away with all the appeals that shouldn't matter, like whether the perp had a bad childhood or was abused or isn't mentally competent

If you can prove the accused did it, nothing else should matter. Any mitigating circumstances should have been brought out at trial, not used to drag out the 'execution' of sentence

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    And child molesters get gut shot at 25 yards with a 45-70 and left to die?
    45-70? You going soft on me, Bug? I was thinking .22 short standard velocity solid, out of a Beretta 950.

All this hand-wringing about the "state committing violence" is just so much weak-minded silliness. Organized, adjudicated violence is part of the designated duties of any State. Always has been.

Putting someone in prison is a form of violence. And, it is also by definition irreversible, because you can't give someone those years back. Grow TF up, people.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Do away with all the appeals that shouldn't matter, like whether the perp had a bad childhood or was abused or isn't mentally competent

If you can prove the accused did it, nothing else should matter. Any mitigating circumstances should have been brought out at trial, not used to drag out the 'execution' of sentence
    Appeals are based on procedural/legal errors. Interesting tidbit. You can proclaim your innocence after conviction, another person is caught and confesses, find evidence to back up the confession, and THAT is not grounds for an appeal...

Top Bottom