• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheCapulet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Rural Fairmount
    There was a free weekend a while back that I tried out. Struck up email and text convo's with 4 girls that actually seemed like possible prospects. Turns out every one of them were very unattractive. (Free = no pics, unfortunately)

I'm not shallow by any means, but physical attraction 'is' an important part of a relationship.

Anyways, one girl was actually really cool, so we decided to hang out, despite me telling her that I wasn't really interested. I think we were both just bored. Gun politics was the one of the last topics we discussed, the first time we hung out. It took all of 10 mins to persuade her how useful carrying can be.

Funny thing is, it led to me dating her room mate a few times. Ha. (That ended in awkward so thick I could swim in it.)

Gpfury86

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    My girlfriend used to hassle me a lot about why do I always want a new gun and why do I need so many and why do I carry one around, now she is starting to ask questions about them and I've taught her how to hold them and handle them and she wants to go to the range. So looks as if she's coming around lol. I showed her this pink .22 and she was like that would look cute in a pink holster lol

Last edited:

jayincville

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Crawfordsville
    plentyoffish.com, I met my current there. She's the best thing I could ever hope for. I'm 42 and she is 28 and we are expecting in July. It's free, but took me over 3 years and many bad dates.

imprimis5

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    Plainfield, IN
    It's interesting. Not really a dating scenario, but I'm sure the conversations could well be similar. Most of my friends tend to be pretty liberal, and it's always an interesting night when the subject of the Glock on my hip comes up. I guess I've grabbed some good friends, though, because they usually are willing to listen to what I have to say, at least in front of me. The first question I get nearly all the time is, "Are you really that paranoid to be carrying a gun with you all the time?" It's amazing how many people don't see a distinction between paranoia and preparation.

Airborne33

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Colorado SPrings
    Best of luck man, it's hard finding someone that will accept you for everything you are. Most people never really find it. Atleast we have our guns. I might sleep alone, but atleast I sleep sercure knowing that my 1911 is never too far away.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    Best of luck man, it's hard finding someone that will accept you for everything you are. Most people never really find it. Atleast we have our guns. I might sleep alone, but atleast I sleep sercure knowing that my 1911 is never too far away.

+1 lol, very true..I don't sleep alone, got my dog, but not the same

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    I've had good luck (till tonight) so far...just nobody I'd want to date. I just can't fathom how someone would be so openly judgmental towards someone they don't know at all.

Maybe that's why she's single...

So going on a gun-board & being judgemental toward someone they really don't know behind their back is so much better?

Some people don't like guns (I disagree with that but it's their right). Some people don't like people of other political parties/philosophies.

You (& almost every other person on this thread) judged her by one comment on one date & decided that she some tree hugging "liberal", not your type, "useless" & even "less than worthless". No...that's certainly not being judgemental...

It happens here ALL THE TIME. Case in point:

I'm with you on this one. Twice in a row now she has picked guys to date that aren't the spineless, "politically correct", treehugging, weak-d**k, libtard, metrosexual nancy-boys that she has been brainwashed into believing are the type of "men" she should date.

Soooo, if the chick was otherwise attractive, I would give her a chance to prove how "tolerant" she is, and challenge her to come to the shooting range for the next meet up. This would serve several purposes, listed in order of importance; more trigger time for you :draw: , a chance to prove how "tolerant" she is of opposing viewpoints, a chance to possibly make a new shooter/:ingo: member, and if she finally gets a clue from the above, a chance to...:grabass::naughty:

Of course if she was a wildebeast/war-pig :laugh: ...NEXT!!!

I think there's a word for that...oh yeah...hypocrite.

Not only is the above judgemental but fairly sexist, as well.

Obviously a product of one of our "progressive" institutes of higher education. Most likely had an Obama sticker on her car and a picture of Al Gore in her wallet. :rolleyes:

So which "progressive" institute did Sarah Brady graduate from? Oh, wait she didn't start out being anti-gun. She just became that way after her conservative Republican husband (you know the one who worked for Reagan) was shot in the head. Wierd, even closed-minded conservatives can be anti-gun, too.

My Dad grew up on a farm, he hunted etc. He was the one that got me into shooting. My Mom grew up in the city, and hates guns. Some people I think, do not see the need for a gun untill something bad happens to them, a family member, friend, co worker, etc. Or they think the plice are always going to be there when you need them!

Looky there. His mom hates guns & maybe even was a (gasp!) "liberal" & his dad still married her. Is she less than worthless because she hates guns? I doubt it.

I would not make gun ownership issues the first thing you consider in a relationship. My wife was very anti-gun and wanted to save all the little bunnies when I first met her. 16 years and 2 kids later she is now pretty conservative. Yeah, if need be my little college treehugger would pop a cap in a rampaging zombie.

Ah, the voice of reason. Thank you.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    So going on a gun-board & being judgemental toward someone they really don't know behind their back is so much better?

Some people don't like guns (I disagree with that but it's their right). Some people don't like people of other political parties/philosophies.

You (& almost every other person on this thread) judged her by one comment on one date & decided that she some tree hugging "liberal", not your type, "useless" & even "less than worthless". No...that's certainly not being judgemental...

[ramble, ramble, ramble...]

Of course we're judgmental - life is a series of making judgment calls, and it's pretty vital to have similar views on the world if you plan to get along with someone for any length of time. So... what are you railing on about? We don't all have as much time to waste as you apparently have trying to figure out if someone is compatible when they are fundamentally incompatible about an important aspect of life, namely, self-defense.

Good that some people can get along with someone who hates guns, but I personally cannot, and to me, yes, such people are less than worthless. Maybe not for you, but certainly for me.

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    so what base did you get to? ;)

maybe she'll come around since she seems destined to date guys who like guns

Yeah!! Slam a couple of home runs with her, and she'll be eating out your hand and carrying your ammo bag to the gun range. All girls think they can "change" their man, so prove otherwise and change her. Unless she's ugly, got kids, uneducated, and doesn't have a good job. In that case, drop her like a hot shell casing.:bigballs:

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    Good that some people can get along with someone who hates guns, but I personally cannot, and to me, yes, such people are less than worthless. Maybe not for you, but certainly for me.

Here's a quote from one of my favorite books to help put things into perspective:

It may be, that in the sight of Heaven, you are more worthless and less fit to live than millions like this poor man's child. - Ghost of Christmas Present

Something to consider before you start calling other people worthless.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    I put a little part in my profile about if you know what INGO is, message me, we should talk (LOL) and if you don't know, ask me, I'll share...and so far I've had 2 guys ask what it was. One is a hunter (mostly bow I think) and not my type but still....and the other actually googled it before messaging me and is totally fine with the guns I have, has actually been wanting a gun, just never gotten around to it. I figure if nothing else, a new INGO member/shooting buddy??

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo

It happens here ALL THE TIME. Case in point:

Originally Posted by Bushido Devil Dog
    I'm with you on this one. Twice in a row now she has picked guys to date that aren't the spineless, "politically correct", treehugging, weak-d**k, libtard, metrosexual nancy-boys that she has been brainwashed into believing are the type of "men" she should date.

Soooo, if the chick was otherwise attractive, I would give her a chance to prove how "tolerant" she is, and challenge her to come to the shooting range for the next meet up. This would serve several purposes, listed in order of importance; more trigger time for you :draw: , a chance to prove how "tolerant" she is of opposing viewpoints, a chance to possibly make a new shooter/:ingo: member, and if she finally gets a clue from the above, a chance to...:grabass::naughty:

Of course if she was a wildebeast/war-pig :laugh: ...NEXT!!!

I think there's a word for that...oh yeah...hypocrite.

:drama: :rolleyes: :nuts: :rolleyes: :drama:

I sincerely hope that maybe when you calm down a bit you will appreciate the rich irony and hypocrisy of what you posted --> a shrill rant against judging/labeling people you don't know in which you did the very same thing you are ranting against by calling me an alleged "hypocrite". Pot. Kettle. Black; and I'd go easy on throwing stones in that glass house, my friend. :dunno:

Not only is the above judgemental but fairly sexist, as well.

Then let me kindly propose a remedy...

MJZ290.gif

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Back on topic perhaps...? If not IBFTL.... :)

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I dunno if you've noticed the ratio of men to women here, but it's something like 8000:10. And I'm pretty sure 9 of those 10 are married or in serious relationships

As a newly single female with a LTCH, I always wonder how to bring up the gun, lol...so far it hasn't been an issue with anyone I've talked to. I'm on an online dating site and I put something about shooting in my interests, so maybe that's part of why I'm not getting dates but at least it's out there, lol.....I'd totally be down for an INGO version of EHarmony, lol.

So YOU"RE the one!!

IBTL2!

NewsShooter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Indianapolis

I'm pretty sure I put into perspective I have people in my life that are anti-gun but I'm still close with in my OP. This girl watered me down to a singular stereotype based on her own pre-existing biases towards guns and gun ownership She made no effort to attempt to understand where I was coming from or that I could even be a rational human being because of my gun views.

But I digress, I guess I shouldn't bother explaining myself. I was there, you weren't.

Top Bottom