• ...and so much more!
  • Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    OK, I'll throw this gun into the mix; Ruger LCR in .327 Federal Magnum. My daughter shoots it just fine & it'll probably be her carry gun once she gets a LTCH.

Other than being a 6 shot here's the good part, it shoot 4 different calibers. You can start with super light recoil 32 S&W, then step up a bit to 32 S&W Long. 32 S&W Long is a great training round.

The next step up in power is what I would have her use for defense, Black Hills 85 gr. 32 H&R Magnum JHP. Power level is somewhere around a 38.

The next up is the .327 Fed Mag. Gold dot 115 gr. GDHP is pretty hot stuff and has a decent kick. Comparable to 9mm. My daughter doesn't like the Gold Dot much. It's pretty stout out of the little LCR. Probably a bit more manageable in the heavier framed Ruger SP101. The American Eagle 327 100 gr JSP is more manageable.

I took the LCR to our last Ladies Only Revere's Riders basic pistol class and let 2 or 3 gals try it out. They were all easily ringing steel at 21 yards with the little snubbie.

Top Bottom