• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pete

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    Can you go to a range & rent a few to see which one works better for you? Take a buddy or see if the store can give you some guidance.

Jmtbug21

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Johnson County
    Guys! he said handgun. what is wrong with a revolver? whats up with all these pistols. I know polymer pistols are all the rage but come on. A midsize .38 or .357 revolver is a great simple gun to learn your basics on. Especially buying used. Once you learn how to shoot and safely handle a revolver, maybe move to a pistol. If you still want too!

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Great comments..... just one warning.....

Once you purchase your first handgun, you're going to want your second... and then your third... and then your forth....

Hooker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    NW IN
    When I was looking for my first handgun, there was one sales guy who thought Glocks were the only gun worth spending money on. The other 3 (and two were instructors) were trying to steer me toward others.

However, every single one of them said that Glock was a great gun and that it was very dependable. The feeling I got was that with Glock, you could throw it in the mud and it would still shoot, however you really wouldn't care that it had fallen in the mud :D

Anyway, I went with Glock as a starter gun because none of them could say anything bad about them. I carry both a 23 and a 27.

And once you buy one, you will want more :draw:

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Best thing would be to see if you could find a range were you could rent a few, So you could get a feel for it and a feel for how it shoots, Then make an informed choice. With what ever you choose, practice, practice, an once your done doin that a little more practice. Make sure you learn how to shoot your new pistol is always good advice. Good luck, hope you find what your looking for.

DFM914

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Avon
    If you have a chance to get a FNP 9mm, this would be a more cost effective gun as they come with 3-16 round mags from the factory and are VERY accurate and reliable. They are somewhat difficult to find used but pop up now and then. Good luck with your choice.

squirrelhntr

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    n.w. indiana
    Everyone is correct. You will get a lot of people telling you to check out the XDs, Glocks, and Smith & Wesson M&Ps and they are all correct. These are all great guns. But in the end I agree with Sepe. Go into your local gun shop and feel them all up. You will always shoot a better group with a gun that feels more comfortable to you. I don't know if you are willing to drive or not but if so I know that Roby's Bullseye in Kokomo will actually let you shoot a few rounds on their indoor range if you find a used gun you like there to see if you really want it. :ar15:

ya all of the above. also check out a few gun shows gather all the info u can get. u will probably sooner or later get a glock, they r hard to beat for the money. i'd buy a glock....start off on the right foot. if for some strange reason u don't luv it. u can always sell it. :twocents:

Top Bottom