• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Do you know if the one that didn’t was type O blood? Lots of theories and data out there saying type O is more resistant.

my mom got it, and my dad never did. He’s also type O :dunno:

My wife was sick back in February, and I'm pretty sure it was Covid. I slept in the same bed, kissed her, sat with her, and I never showed any symptoms.

I'm O+ blood type. She is A+.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Friday, 12/4 - update on FIL.

So far it's been a pretty good day. Making progress and trying to build strength. He still has a nasal feeding tube as they also continue to work on swallowing.

We have started the conversation about moving him to a long term care facility which may happen early next week. We hope there is space for him in DSM so that family can keep him close. The nurse said his recovery will be a long road and he will need a lot of help for the foreseeable future.

My updates will probably begin to slow down unless there are major changes. No news at this point really is good news. The prayers and support have been tremendous so we thank you for that.

Bad news for the 1 BIL, he has tested positive for the covid (probably from the couple days he stayed at the house helping out. His wife is now getting tested since she got flu symptoms today.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Again..i could be wrong but i think there are cases where are having an oxygen saturation below 94 could benefit from having a home oxygen Administration, which could be the result of that trip to the hospital rather than putting you in the hospital if that makes sense.

Oh yes, I agree! I thought the numbers I was given were on the low side. No doubt some supplemental oxygen would have helped me tremendously. Really I have to wonder if some of the long term issues I've been having may have been lessened if I'd had some O2.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Did a rapid test today, and I’m positive. I have some congestion and bitter items taste/smell off. Other than that, I feel like I could go run a mile. I’m hoping mine is one of the mild ones, because I know that’s not been everyone’s experience with this.

Crusader17

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2017
    Miami County
    My family and I had to say goodbye to a family member dying on a ventilator over the phone last month. I remember reading stories of that happening back in Spring when things were basically all in New York. I know there’s a lot of situations where you don’t get a chance to say goodbye like that (accidents, surprises, etc.) and as I continue working through it I think in the end I will appreciate the opportunity. I think it was probably the saddest experience I’ve had, I can’t come up with the words to accurately describe it.
    Thankfully we have our faith. ✝️

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    My family had Covid-19. I started getting sick last Tuesday/Wednesday. I missed one day of work on Wednesday. Very tired, body aches, low fever. Cancelled Thanksgiving plans out of precaution. Recovered quickly. Then it moved into my chest on Sunday/Monday. Again recovered quickly. I think I picked it up at work, it’s going around and sometimes we have to swap trucks and such. I have not been in the office since before Thanksgiving since I can easily work from home. But I have over two weeks of use it or lose it vacation left in 2020 so even that wouldn’t matter.

My wife developed symptoms on Thanksgiving. Hers were more minor then mine. Although it moved into her chest and the last couple days have been rough on her. She feels better now. She can work from home.

My son was sick for a day or two. Sick enough I watched a 16 year old turn off the X box and go to sleep in the middle of the day. He is better now.

My 10 year old daughter bounced through with nada, nothing, no symptoms.

Our experience was “positive” I suppose. But the way this thing hangs on and moves into the chest is interesting. It isn’t the flu. I could see how lots of nasty things could move into to the lungs and Covid could be a concern for some people. So, count me me in on the list of people who think some precaution is warranted.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Just found out my bro-in law has the 'Rona. Says he just feels "off". Some minor body aches, headache, and slight tickle in his throat. My sister and her kids are quarantining away from him, but it might be too late. This may put a hitch in our christmas plans.

He is mid- 30's

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Yesterday the NP said they were going to add a belt to shake FIL a little and get some of the crud out.

Nurse said they are going to do a chest x-ray and blood test. Asked if he feels trapped. He shook his head yes. But shakes head no if you ask if he is comfortable.

He got back to ICU at 3pm. His oxygen needs drastically increased overnight. He is 100% on the bi-pap which is the face oxygen mask. They are apparently thinking he may need to be reintubated.

He became lethargic earlier. Dozing off and no energy. His vitals are all ok. They are trying additional meds through IV like steroids and albumin. He is getting a lot of crud out of his lungs and there is concern he is aspirating on it as it comes out.

They also noticed mottling on his legs which means he's not getting the oxygen through as it should be.

Update as of 6:15pm
    It seems as though there was a complication with the NG tube where it got bound up in his stomach. This created a build up of air, which pushed on the diaphragm therefore making it hard to breath. They have removed the old and inserted a new one and double checked it’s position with X-rays. He is now resting much more comfortably and his need for additional oxygen with the bi-pap has been decreased.

6:51 update
    Talked to Mindy who is the nurse til 11.

Sounds like the NG fun which goes through nose, down throat, through stomach and into small intestine to give nourishment and meds. They did chest/stomach X-rays and found it was bound up in his stomach. It was building up air which then pushed on his diaphragm making it harder to breath. They pulled out the old one and inserted a new one. They did another X-ray to double check placement.

She said since then his oxygen needs have decreased and he's much more comfortable and looks better. She did give him an anxiety med too to help him rest. She said they are going to let him rest for the night and do another X-ray in the morning to check it all again.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    My wife’s sister had it recently. She’s an OD and thinks she got it from work. Her husband and son got it shortly after. My wife’s other sister got it too. They think they got it from their son, who got it from school (he’s special needs). It pretty much went through the rest of the household from there. No one on my side of the family has gotten it yet. Probably because they’ve been dead for years.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    My wife’s sister had it recently. She’s an OD and thinks she got it from work. Her husband and son got it shortly after. My wife’s other sister got it too. They think they got it from their son, who got it from school (he’s special needs). It pretty much went through the rest of the household from there. No one on my side of the family has gotten it yet. Probably because they’ve been dead for years.

Glad to hear nobody on your side has had The Rona. But how did they vote?

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    The guy I work beside every day is out with kung-flu. So far, he's running a fever and has a stuffed nose.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Five months post diagnosis and tomorrow I'm going to go see the Dr. again for it. Breathing has been bad the last couple of days. O2 sats back in the low 90s and just generally feeling like poop. No other symptoms so hoping just a little flare up of the lungs.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    A week or more in. Never had fever, chills, ache, etc. I tried to do some yard work yesterday (carrying hay bales, old pumpkins, sweeping porches) and felt pretty rough. My o2 was 97, heart rate was 117, but I felt light-headed and disconnected like I’d sprinted a quarter mile. Today I went for a walk and felt better than I’ve felt in a while. I knew enough to take it easy for a few more days. I normally do CrossFit 4-5 days a week, so I’m hoping my cardio comes back quickly from this.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Five months post diagnosis and tomorrow I'm going to go see the Dr. again for it. Breathing has been bad the last couple of days. O2 sats back in the low 90s and just generally feeling like poop. No other symptoms so hoping just a little flare up of the lungs.

I just heard from my neighbor who is in her early forties, eight months post diagnosis from a case that gave her flu like symptoms for 5 days and no shortness of breath. But lately she's been having shortness of breath and brain fog. She had a CT lung scan done and has the ground glass lesions. The dogs think it's damage from Covid but are hoping it will eventually resolve.

Im sorry you are struggling with this so much. I hope you can get past it at some point

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I just heard from my neighbor who is in her early forties, eight months post diagnosis from a case that gave her flu like symptoms for 5 days and no shortness of breath. But lately she's been having shortness of breath and brain fog. She had a CT lung scan done and has the ground glass lesions. The dogs think it's damage from Covid but are hoping it will eventually resolve.

Im sorry you are struggling with this so much. I hope you can get past it at some point

Did she have Lab tests? ;)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Maybe that's kinda harsh? :laugh:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    scottrodgers87
    Top Bottom