• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    [video=youtube;XgNBgyziNrA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgNBgyziNrA[/video]

Apparently this guy has never heard of Baylisascaris procyonis. Raccoons carry it. Worms burrow in your brain.
    tenor.gif

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I just keep the trap going, keeps the number of raccoons down and you can release stuff that you don't need to shoot.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I’m gonna start stacking these little *******s like cordwood. Got a call this morning (while on vacation) that the same rooster’s coop wasn’t closed up last night and another coon killed him while he was defending his hens. Must have worn the coon out because the hens appear untouched.

He was a very good rooster and I’m not quick to forgive. It’s game on you little bastards. :xmad:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Back when I was a young man you could flatten the local raccoon population in short order with what we used to call "coon cola", not legal these days and the key ingredient isn't for sale here.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I’ve heard fly bait with some cola works extremely well but I have too many other critters around to take that approach.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    I’m gonna start stacking these little *******s like cordwood. Got a call this morning (while on vacation) that the same rooster’s coop wasn’t closed up last night and another coon killed him while he was defending his hens. Must have worn the coon out because the hens appear untouched.

He was a very good rooster and I’m not quick to forgive. It’s game on you little bastards. :xmad:
    Someone I know had a good rooster like that. Had. They came out one morning to find the rooster dean in the chicken run, accompanied by two dead raccoons.
    Didn't go down without a fight.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I’ve heard fly bait with some cola works extremely well but I have too many other critters around to take that approach.

We set it inside of a pen to keep farm animals out, but raccoons could still climb in. People told us that it was a really long cruel death for the raccoons, part of the reason it was banned, but they were completely wrong. It's as lethal and quick as a two step snake.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    We set it inside of a pen to keep farm animals out, but raccoons could still climb in. People told us that it was a really long cruel death for the raccoons, part of the reason it was banned, but they were completely wrong. It's as lethal and quick as a two step snake.

That’s what I’ve been told also.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas

As far as stacking them up goes, Rookie turned me on to the cheap driveway alarm from harbor freight. I would set out some bait trying to get a coyote in the backyard. Set the thermal up in a different bedroom, and turn on the monitor. Never had a yote come in but ended up with a pile of coons and opossums. The ever growing bait pile.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I squashed three babies in the road this week. Hit them with all nine axles (17 tires). On the way back it was nothing more that a puddle.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    You can't kill them fast enough.. a buddy from Purdue did his thesis on coons. He did a 100% removal from an isolated wood lot and measured how fast it repopulated. In no time flat it's population was back to original numbers.

Same as coyotes. Coyotes actually increase their litter size as coyote populations around them drop. coyotes seem to like a certain number of coyotes per square mile and there ain't nothing we can do to stop it.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Coyotes seem to like a certain number of coyotes per square mile and there ain't nothing we can do to stop it.

Oh no, I think you've brought to light the one and only left wing, liberal viewpoint I have. While your statement very well may be true (and most likely is), my response is "WE HAVE TO DO SOMETHING". I'm disappointed in myself.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    You can wipe out raccoons, it's not pretty, or sporting, or even legal these days but you can. It's probably the same for any species.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom