• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I got sucked in my firts time shooting one aswell. I bought one of my own with a nice holster and a fist full of good mags.

Once I picked up a G21 and shot it the 1911 got gone. Better pistol in all aspects. I like the 45acp alot although shoot more 9mm for cost savings.

The 45 is a sweet round. Lots of great guns that launch it. Shop around and shoot a bunch.

All a matter of opinion of course.
    Striker fired anything does not get me interested for some reason. They are just.......squishy.
    Please do not point one at me as I know for certain it will work when called upon.
    Round count....hit what you are trying to hit. Works.

Opinions vary for many reasons. Budget/feel/my buddy's all have them.......many reasons.
    If you like-em, shoot-em.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    This is NOT the best of both worlds IMHO, but the gimping and raping and pillaging of the 1911 platform and spits in the face of Mr. Browning's design and invention.

Be true, Do it right, do it once. Get a 1911.

With the history 45 acp revolvers played in WW 1 and 2 I wouldn't say it's that big of an insults to Mr Browning. But if a 45 Acp Revolver upsets you what say you with a 9mm 1911 LOL

Luka93A

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 28, 2017
    North Vernon
    My first handgun was the M&P .45 and I enjoy it. Like you mentioned with the guns you have mentioned, the recoil is surprisingly low. Even less than certain 9 mm pistols that I've shot.

mdunn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    My first center fire pistol was an AMT Longslide and I still have it,have since added a Citadel 1911 in 9mm and a Rock Island tactical in 10mm,love my 1911's and next will be a 1911 in 22lr. Looking at the GSG 1911 with the fake suppressor.Any one have any experience with one?

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    I dunno. I just know that .45 is in no way the same order of magnitude as the magnum revolver cartridges. I really enjoy .357, but I don't think I'd want to enjoy more than about 100 at a time.

I feel the same way about .45 ACP though. It's recoil, I guess, but it's more of a slow push (ugh, I can't believe I'm saying that phrase....) than some of the others. Pretty controllable though.

I'm no pistolero, but I could see getting to the point where you could run a 1911 pretty fast.

-Nate

Top Bottom