• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Springer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.6%
    68   1   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Shelbyville
    That is a good point, I like that it is durable, just not a huge fan of how it looks. But if it works well then I do not really care what it look like.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Does anyone have any recommendations for a decent, affordable scope for a muzzleloader?

Bushnell Banner long eye relief (if on muzzie or shotgun). I believe mine is 3x12x40- I think.

Just a word on CVA muzzleloaders. I bought one several years ago at Wal-Mart on sale for $90. It's the baseline model. I wasn't expecting much out of it, but it is actually one of the most accurate firearms I own:twocents:. I put the above bushnell on it and have been very pleased. I think mine was $60 a few years ago- don't know what they are going for now.

shooter1054

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    South Indianapolis
    I'n going to say go with the T/C Omega. Top it off with a Nikon Prostaff 3-9x40. This setup will give you years and years of service without any issues. T/C is a leader in the muzzleloader community and for the money it's very hard to beat Nikon. I have a Nikon Prostaff on every one of my rifles, a total of 6. Also for what its worth, T/C is owned by Smith &Wesson.

Springer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.6%
    68   1   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Shelbyville
    I went into Dicks and they had an Omega with a scope mounted on it already, and I could not resist purchasing it. Any advice on sighting it in?

M4Madness

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Springville
    I bought a brand new T/C Omega two or three years ago, and still haven't gotten around to hunting with it. It just sits unfired in my safe, waiting for the day that muzzleloader season opens with me still having a buck tag (which I hope never happens.) LOL!

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Take the scope mount off remove all screws and then replace using blue loc-tite. Mount scope for proper eye relief. 100 gr. 777, Hornady SST's, start @ 25 yds, and work your way back to 100 yds. Congrats and good luck! Keep your powder dry!

I like Powerbelts, but they all work good!

shooter1054

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    South Indianapolis
    I like Powerbelts, but they all work good!

My Omega does NOT like Powerbelts. I don't know the truth of the statement, but I was told that T/C's are not engineered for Powerbelt type bullets. T/C is engineered for sabots. I found that mine likes sabots moreso than Powerbelts. Try several different brands of bullets to find out what your gun likes. Also I have found that mine likes the IMR White Hots powder. Give it a try.

All_Clear

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    Avon, IN
    A lot of good info so far.

I shoot the cva wolf muzzleloader. Picked it up 3 yrs ago when i started hunting and haven't looked back. Gives me gun season and ML. I also bow hunt but don't normally hit the woods late archery.

My cva loves the powerbelts. I only shoot 100 gains of powder. For the price the cva wolf is hands down one of the best "cheap" guns i've ever owned. So i'm sure if your looking at an upper model it will be more then acurate enough.

I also like my ML because... 1 shot = 1 kill... no offense to shotgun guys but having the ML makes you question your shot and placement a little more. You don't have 4 more back ups waiting to blast.

You can't go wrong with a ML. Stainless is easier to take care of but none the less all will kill a deer.

All_Clear

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    Avon, IN
    I shoot the pellets, 2 - 50s (100grains) I've never put 150 through my gun but it says it can take it.
    I also have no pass through exit hole on the deer that i've taken. Retreived each bullet and deer have gone down within 10-20 yards in sight.

Top Bottom