• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Indy East Side
    Well, I have been CC'ing for about 10 years. This morning I decided to give OC'ing a go and on my way into work stopped at the Shell station on Shadeland and 10th street. Went well enough, I think. The guy behind the counter asked if I was with the police department. I said "Nope, but that's a great thing about Indiana, right?" He said "Yep, you gotta protect yourself."

+1 to Shell on 10th an Shadeland :yesway:

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Hope the rest of your OC times go as well. Sometimes the police around here get testy, even though you have the right, if you open carry. One time I was in Meijer and bent down to put something under the cart and my gun popped out. I covered it back up and went about my business. Next thing I know is a off duty cop walks up and shows me his badge and asked if I was a cop and I say no. I show him my permits, two of them, and he says to me I had better keep my gun covered or "we" will have a problem. I say to him, nicely, that legally I could OC instead of CC, but choose to CC and he says "I would not do that if I were you". I think to myself what the heck was that. He just walks away. My wife gets bent outta shape at me like I did something wrong on top of it. Like I said, hope all of your OC times go snag free.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    What!? You didn't get proned out and beaten by the police???

Rugertoter, that's just ridiculous though. You should have uncovered it right in front of him. (Purple? Yes, no, maybe?) :dunno:

bigdog25-06

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2009
    Bloomfield, IN
    My first was during lunch break during day 2 of shooting course in Boone County. Went to the local Subway with my pistol untucked. I heard a little girl in line behind me tell her mom that I was a police officer because I had a gun. Just as the OP did, I replied "No, just a regular guy." Her eyes widened, grabbed her daughter up and left!

Glocker39

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    My first was during lunch break during day 2 of shooting course in Boone County. Went to the local Subway with my pistol untucked. I heard a little girl in line behind me tell her mom that I was a police officer because I had a gun. Just as the OP did, I replied "No, just a regular guy." Her eyes widened, grabbed her daughter up and left!

I would make it known that I would not use my right to carry , to protect her, and her child, but I am uncouth that way, I would yell it across the restaurant.

shootinghoosier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2010
    Indy

wolfts01

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 14, 2010
    New Haven
    You should have uncovered it right in front of him. (Purple? Yes, no, maybe?) :dunno:

Absolutely no purple. If this happened to me I would definitely show him who's right. I'm going to stay put until I'm told to get off the property by someone who has such authority (I think it has to be the manager/owner). An off-duty cop has no authority to tell me to leave someone else's property. What is he going to do if you untuck your gun?

I give him props for checking, but after you checked out he has no business with you whatsoever.

Isn't it technically legal to walk around with the gun in your hand in Indiana? The IC does not specify how the handgun must be carried. As long as you don't point it at anyone...

anewrnn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Crown Point
    People have no clue...

That a licensed carrier can open carry. I get questioned randomly if Im a cop or not and always politely say no.Same response always is," I had no idea that open carry was possible,".. I think I wouldve told the cop he needed to check his state laws.... Of course sometimes it isnt worth it...cause you just waste your time...

Top Bottom