• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Love the 1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    Neither of you have a clue. Never call a cop a warrior it is an insult to any soldier! What makes you think all military kills come from a distance or a protected position?
    You boy's make me laugh!
    Stay deluded it's so dang entertaining!
    You really do think cops are warriors and bad *sses don't you!?
    What a friggen' joke! Maybe if they were trained to be a warrior before becoming a cop! NO ILEA only trained cop is a trained warrior!
    Get off the cop worship boat and kool aide, 99% of LEO's wouldn't have made the cut to go where I went and do what I did period!

Their are good honest officers out there and I have no problem with them.
    These two quoted responses are proof of the mentality I speak out against, yeah I push your buttons with general impersonal statements and your responses always comes in the form of personal insults and personal attacks. You gentlemen can not control your attitude on a dang insignificant INTERNET forum! :laugh:
    Childish gent's but oh so telling of your personalities! So come back with the normal crap you sling when the truth hurts! I get a good laugh over this stuff boy's! Best thing is the more you insult me the more you tarnish yourselves. LMFAO :popcorn:
    Lobo, what do you know of up close and personal? Nothing thats what! You ever snapped a mans neck? You can feel life leave the human body. Ever looked a man in the eyes while you push a knife into his beating heart? Ever cut a mans throat? If you had you will never forget the gasping gurgling sound they make briefly as they bleed out. Or forget the sticky sweet smell of that much fresh blood. There is much more I could say but this is enough for a family forum.

Tell me about survival on the mean streets of anywhere,In. Joke, yeah it's a joke you think it's tough out there, in comparison to the things some of use on here have seen, being an LEO is a cake walk! I earned the right to my opinions by putting my *ss in harms way in **** holes all over this globe on behalf of you and everyone for 22 years, so you can sit here and throw childish remarks toward anyone with the backbone to speak out against those that abuse others whether they be cops or politicians.
    I have said my piece and am done! See ya!

+1. You are absolutely right. Let's do some more comparison:

1) Soldier shoots and kills someone:Soldier is a hero and adds 1 to their body count
    Cop shoots and kills someone:People evaluate why cop was there. People ask if the cop was justified in shooting with only the info available to him at that time. People make sure everyone knows how many kids/siblings/parents/A's on their report card that the deceased had. Cop finds him/herself in civil court explaining why they were forced to shoot an innocent victim that was just turning their life around.

2) Soldier defends actions by saying they were "following orders" and no one questions that defense.
    If you need me to explain the reverse of this, just read through this site for another 25 minutes.

3) Soldier sees someone with a gun, kills them on the spot.
    Cop tries to take possession of gun for few minutes, gets called a Nazi.

You will never find me bashing soldiers as I believe we work on the same side. I would appreciate the same respect (I won't hold my breath though). Perhaps I can polish your boots or clear the snow off your driveway and at least be considered worthy of breathing the same air as you.

sidewinder27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Plainfield

1) Soldier shoots and kills someone:Soldier is a hero and adds 1 to their body count
    Cop shoots and kills someone:People evaluate why cop was there. People ask if the cop was justified in shooting with only the info available to him at that time. People make sure everyone knows how many kids/siblings/parents/A's on their report card that the deceased had. Cop finds him/herself in civil court explaining why they were forced to shoot an innocent victim that was just turning their life around.

2) Soldier defends actions by saying they were "following orders" and no one questions that defense.
    If you need me to explain the reverse of this, just read through this site for another 25 minutes.

You will never find me bashing soldiers as I believe we work on the same side. I would appreciate the same respect (I won't hold my breath though). Perhaps I can polish your boots or clear the snow off your driveway and at least be considered worthy of breathing the same air as you.

Tell that to the thousands of men and women who have had to go through an article 32 after a killing was questioned. Remember Haditha where even politicians were saying they were guilty even as they were being found to be not guilty. The ROE do not allow to shoot just because a person has a weapon.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn

Let me get this straight...

You're not ACTUALLY trying to compare domestic law enforcement with soldiers sent to fight in a war zone are you? Really?

YOU are limited by what YOU can do by the Constitution. The people YOU deal with are AMERICAN CITIZENS who are protected by that Constitution.

If those same soldiers were SOMEHOW sent here to provide law enforcement duties (I certainly hope not) they would damn well sure be bound to the same rules as you are & scrutinized to the same levels as you are & rightly should be.

YOu are an agent of the government. You have the power to oppress us. Every action you take as a public official should be looked at, combed through & scrutinized to the greatest extent possible. If you don't like that then maybe LE is not for you.

But please don't even try to act like your job & a soldiers job is in ANY WAY similar.

That's just freakin' scary that that attitute actually exists in LE.

Love the 1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    Let me get this straight...

You're not ACTUALLY trying to compare domestic law enforcement with soldiers sent to fight in a war zone are you? Really?

YOU are limited by what YOU can do by the Constitution. The people YOU deal with are AMERICAN CITIZENS who are protected by that Constitution.

If those same soldiers were SOMEHOW sent here to provide law enforcement duties (I certainly hope not) they would damn well sure be bound to the same rules as you are & scrutinized to the same levels as you are & rightly should be.

YOu are an agent of the government. You have the power to oppress us. Every action you take as a public official should be looked at, combed through & scrutinized to the greatest extent possible. If you don't like that then maybe LE is not for you.

But please don't even try to act like your job & a soldiers job is in ANY WAY similar.

That's just freakin' scary that that attitute actually exists in LE.

The last thing anyone wants or needs is soldiers on the streets of America, regardless of the uniform. I was merely replying to a post where someone felt the need to insult every LEO by comparing us to soldiers and stating how unworthy all LEO are to be considered warriors. I continued that comparison from the LE perspective and only intended to list the differences between the 2. In no way do I wish I was a soldier on the streets and I never treat people like I am.

grimor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Elkhart

wow, it's obvious you've never been in the military and watch too many movies. All 3 of your "points" are not only wrong they are in insult to the military

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    i agree, but I suggest that the Washington (Indiana Court of Appeals) and Richardson (Indiana Supreme Court) cases provide exactly that clarification.

To be specific;, based on these decisions: In Indiana, during a traffic stop, if the driver of the stopped vehicle produces a valid LTCH and admits to the presence of a firearm within the vehicle, absent any separate basis for a "reasonable belief" that the driver is dangerous or engaged in other illegal behavior, the officer is not legally authorized to take any further action with respect to that firearm, and any such action, including a search of the vehicle or the forcible seizure of that firearm, is illegal.

IMO, that is exactly what these cases say, thus removing any uncertainty in this area of Indiana law.

May I save this post for future use in such discussion?

BTW, I say it again, SO glad to have you on INGO!:rockwoot:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    The thing that amazes me most in these kinds of thread is that ANY LEO actually thinks handling a weapon is safer then leaving it where it is..

Love the 1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    I think I should have put one of my last posts in purple. I never intended any disrespect to any member of the military or the job that they are tasked with. I realize that our jobs are vastly different and our training reflects that difference. Unfortunately, in our current conflicts, a lot of our military are expected to take combat training and use it to become a security force with rules similar to domestic las enforcement. I apologize to any members of the military whom I offended, it was not meant to disrespect the job that you do.

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    May I save this post for future use in such discussion?

BTW, I say it again, SO glad to have you on INGO!:rockwoot:
    Sure! Of course, it's just my opinion - but I think the cited cases fully support that opinion.

I appreciate the kind words. It also sounds like you'd be interested in my "Comprehensivce Indiana Gun Law" course sometime. I'm holding one tomorrow - but that's rather short notice. LOL

ProLibertate

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    These guy's try to make it seem like no one understands how stressful and dangerous their jobs are, I can say for fact I have been in more "situations of extreme stress" than any LEO here! I fully understand the stress of facing an armed opponent intent on killing me, I fully understand putting my life on the line for another!
    But then again I never had to deal with the likes of punk kids pulling burglaries or some stupid drunk idiot not wanting to go to jail. Wow, those types must be some real desperate bad *sses! I only dealt with some of the most highly trained killers our enemies could create with the sole intent on killing me! Yeah I can see where I don't have a clue!

:rolleyes: LOL....wow.
    What's it feel like to be your own hero?

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    I think I should have put one of my last posts in purple. I never intended any disrespect to any member of the military or the job that they are tasked with. I realize that our jobs are vastly different and our training reflects that difference. Unfortunately, in our current conflicts, a lot of our military are expected to take combat training and use it to become a security force with rules similar to domestic las enforcement. I apologize to any members of the military whom I offended, it was not meant to disrespect the job that you do.
    I've been saying for years that military isn't trained to be law enforcement. The jobs a quite different. Just this week I was conversing with a new U.S. Army MP officer about this very subject. He was telling me how military police are specialized based upon tasking. Guarding prisoners, guarding parimeters, post LE require different training.

Oops, I think we got off topic again.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I've been saying for years that military isn't trained to be law enforcement. The jobs a quite different. Just this week I was conversing with a new U.S. Army MP officer about this very subject. He was telling me how military police are specialized based upon tasking. Guarding prisoners, guarding parimeters, post LE require different training.

Oops, I think we got off topic again.

Yes you did but thats ok, this thread has been lost for a few pages now.
    Military are trained to kill, LEO are not, at least I hope they are not.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I used to withold notification for convenience reasons.

Now, I withhold notification for my own safety.
    Especially around the knucklehead cops in Fishers.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    I was merely replying to a post where someone felt the need to insult every LEO by comparing us to soldiers and stating how unworthy all LEO are to be considered warriors.

There was no insult. Just a statement of fact.

Unless they have been in the military, they're not "warriors". They are "law enforcers". They are "peacekeepers". They are a many number of things, but they are NOT "warriors"!

As soon as you let that mindset take hold in the least little bit (like we have already) then we start seeing the abuses of power (like we have already).

I continued that comparison from the LE perspective and only intended to list the differences between the 2.

Exactly right. There are VAST differences between the two so no real logical comparison can be made.

I'm sorry, it really sounded like you were complaining because of the more rigorous scutiny you fall under. At least after (re)reading your post, that's honestly what it sounded like.

Top Bottom