• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grizman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Home
    I will NEVER try to be on the same level, or say that we are. I can only hope and prepare that IF my time comes to face my mortality, I will do so with honor and courage.

Denny, that is all any of us can do. I wish no one would ever have to see the things I have seen or have to do the things I have done. Facing ones own mortality is a true turning point, seems to be three basic responses, get mad as hell and fight like a PO'd Badger, get scared as hell and run like hell or get scared ****less and freeze up.
    If you ever come to this point I hope you go the Badger route! Seems to work the best from my exp and for sure covers the honor and courage as well. I hope that you never have to exp a situation of that magnitude in your life.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Heres my honest opinion. Im not one thats big on titles for the living but that doesnt mean they dont deserve appreciation. But I will say that any man or woman who dies fighting for a cause that is honorable and right, has earned the right to be called a Hero and a Warrior in my mind, or whatever other title befitting their sacrifice. Denny, I salute officers like you described and It wasnt my intention to dishonor their fine memories. I wouldnt even consider it, nor would I be worthy to try.
    no matter what profession we were in or are in now or in the future, as long as we keep honor and integrity in the forefront of our duties then we do the memories of true Heros and Warriors proud. I have deap respect for anyone who serves a cause greater than themselves. I might still be cautious around them or not trusting at first, and we may have our strong disagreements on issues, but I ALWAYS have respect for their service to that selfless cause.

Last edited:

ProLibertate

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Heres my honest opinion. Im not one thats big on titles for the living but that doesnt mean they dont deserve appreciation. But I will say that any man or woman who dies fighting for a cause that is honorable and right, has earned the right to be called a Hero and a Warrior in my mind, or whatever other title befitting their sacrifice. Denny, I salute officers like you described and It wasnt my intention to dishonor their fine memories. I wouldnt even consider it, nor would I be worthy to try.
    no matter what profession we were in or are in now or in the future, as long as we keep honor and integrity in the forefront of our duties then we do the memories of true Heros and Warriors proud. I have deap respect for anyone who serves a cause greater than themselves. I might still be cautious around them or not trusting at first, and we may have our strong disagreements on issues, but I ALWAYS have respect for their service to that selfless cause.

:+1::patriot:

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    :patriot: Well said Ranger. Thank you.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I find it interesting that you saw M4's melting in Mogadishu since there were no M4's in service in 1993. As a matter of fact, they weren't introduced into service until 1997 when they replaced the M727 and M733 variants of the Colt Commando.

I also find it interesting that almost every one of your posts on this site involve you recalling the horrors of your wartime experiences as though you are the only combat veteran on this site.
    There were US engagements before Somalia and many since as well, yet you seam to be under the impression that your bravado is somehow inspiring to others. It isn't. You're not impressing anyone- as a matter of fact the contrary is closer to the truth.
    I am aware that this post may indeed earn me a 'violation', but your arrogant hot air word vomit of self worship is growing tiresome to read.

I think he is like me and just very passionate about things he has experienced. Knowing him, I know it wasn't his intentions to make people crawl to him and kiss his feet. Also, the man is legit.
    I too use "civilianized" terms and simple descriptions here and sometimes in person when talking to people who would just feel lost if I spoke Army :D, its a pain to have to re-say what you already said. yeah sometimes it causes the message to be watered down, but its still received. Also, its easy for us vets to freak out the people, :):. aren't holiday family meals fun :rolleyes:

Id also like to add ......... **** Somalia :D :patriot:

Last edited:

grizman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Home
    I think he is like me and just very passionate about things he has experienced. Knowing him, I know it wasn't his intentions to make people crawl to him and kiss his feet. Also, the man is legit.
    I too use "civilianized" terms and simple descriptions here and sometimes in person when talking to people who would just feel lost if I spoke Army :D, its a pain to have to re-say what you already said. yeah sometimes it causes the message to be watered down, but its still received. Also, its easy for us vets to freak out the people, :):. aren't holiday family meals fun :rolleyes:

:cheers: Thanks

Last edited:

FishersCPA

Plinker
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Jul 18, 2008
    Fishers
    Indiana DOESN'T require notification...

ISP: Firearms FAQs

Page eight of the licensing to carry firearms FAQ

From the way I'm reading from Indiana state police website, since Ohio requires you to notify, Indiana requires you to do the same.

I believe that you read/type your statement incorrectly. The text of the site that you referenced reads "An Indiana personal protection permit holder may carry on their person in their vehicle. There is currently no statute requiring a person to notify an officer that they are a permit holder and carrying a weapon if they are stopped for a traffic offense; however it is recommended." http://www.in.gov/isp/files/2010_Firearms_licensing_FAQs(1).pdf
    Unless the faq contradicts the Indiana statute (which I have seen @ least on the tax side of things). :twocents:

ElsiePeaRN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Eastern Indiana
    I believe that you read/type your statement incorrectly.

Actually, he did not. I think this is all somewhere earlier in the thread, but here it is again.

IC 35-47-2-21
    Recognition of retail dealers' licenses and licenses to carry handguns issued by other states
    Sec. 21. (a) Retail dealers' licenses issued by other states or foreign countries will not be recognized in Indiana except for sales at wholesale.
    (b) Licenses to carry handguns, issued by other states or foreign countries, will be recognized according to the terms thereof but only while the holders are not residents of Indiana.
    "according to the terms thereof" is understood here to meant "according to the terms of the issuing state." Which is sort of weird, actually.... But since a holder of an Ohio permit must notify, this means that when in Indiana, even if an Indianan does NOT need to notify, an Ohioan must. I have no idea how our LEOs are supposed to be familiar with the firearms laws of all 50 states and ???foreign countries, but there it is.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    "according to the terms thereof"
    I wouldn't consider every law one must follow in their home state to be the terms of their license.

I would consider expiration dates and license-specific restrictions only.

ElsiePeaRN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Eastern Indiana
    I wouldn't consider every law one must follow in their home state to be the terms of their license.

I would consider expiration dates and license-specific restrictions only.

I wonder if you're correct about that. It would make more sense to me. I was wondering if anyone had ever been prosecuted in Indiana under this statute. If there was a way to know any examples of how it's been used, I guess we'd have the answer.

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    OMG, I used M4 as a generic term for a shortened M16 to make it easier for most to understand. How many here know what a Colt 933 Commando or an XM177E1 is? Few I bet.
    As for the rest, simply childish and shameful!

Sounds like your service is being questioned. If it were me, I would not hesitate to show my DD214 to an impartial third party.

grizman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Home
    Same here. No way I would let someone get away with calling me out like that.

Sounds like your service is being questioned. If it were me, I would not hesitate to show my DD214 to an impartial third party.

See the quote below from E5.

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Uhhh... I'm not sure what abnk meant, but I meant that I would send my DD214 to a mod or admin for verification, as opposed to some other random board member vouching for me.

Yes, that is what I meant. Nothing against any member here, but people would not take the word of another member unless that member can prove with acceptable certainty that he is in a position to make that verification. All I'm trying to get accross is that I would take it very seriously and personally if someone questioned my service.

Top Bottom