• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    It's legal, right?

I just want to be sure. Not sure that I'll actually carry a fixed blade knife, but I'd like to know nonetheless.

So is there a length limit? (IE Swords are illegal to run around with, no?)

And can you take a knife into the places you can't take a gun?

Thanks! :ingo:

kevman65

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Indy
    As with firearms, there are places that will ask you to leave with an OC fixed blade. It is their business and therefor their right to set the rules on their property. If they don't ask you to leave, you're good to go. Just refrain from Sling Blade imitations ;)

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Indiana has fairly liberal knife laws actually. I just Googled Indiana Knife Laws and followed the links. Strange enough though, Throwing Stars and Brass Knuckles are illegal in Indiana as well as Automatic (Switch Blade) knives. I carry my SOG Seal Team Pup quite a bit and it has a 4.5" fixed blade. The sheath has a nice pocket on the outside where I put my Leatherman Multi Tool. Works good for me.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Good to know! Thanks Tyler for the link as well. I wonder how many guys on INGO carry a fixed blade along with their carry gun, flashlight, jetpack, etc...

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    Good to know! Thanks Tyler for the link as well. I wonder how many guys on INGO carry a fixed blade along with their carry gun, flashlight, jetpack, etc...

i carry a fixed blade on the reg. it's a smaller fixed blade I have in a custom made kydex rig so it's canted forward, it is totally concealed and doesn't poke me when bending or sitting down.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    I took lessons from the great Gecko45 (a true defender of the week) and carry a tactical tanto I received from the hands of a Japanese master in honor of my work in protecting his nephew's virginity at the hands of rogue "Black Art Ninjas". I carry it sandwiched between the two trauma plates duct taped to my back allowing me to draw it over my shoulder in a reversed bravo sierra grip.

ok...I don't really know Gecko45...at least at hope I don't...lol...but I rarely carry a fixed blade as I just haven't found a way to do so comfortably when it comes to driving... pokes me in my love handles. As I always carry a large lockblade it seemed kinda redundant anyway. When I am hiking, shroom hunting, etc tho I do carry one but normally it is concealed just as my carry gun is. I see no reason for the people around me to know what I am carrying.

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    I took lessons from the great Gecko45 (a true defender of the week) and carry a tactical tanto I received from the hands of a Japanese master in honor of my work in protecting his nephew's virginity at the hands of rogue "Black Art Ninjas". I carry it sandwiched between the two trauma plates duct taped to my back allowing me to draw it over my shoulder in a reversed bravo sierra grip.

Good ole Gecko45 :laugh:

drbarnes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Kokomo
    I have a fixed blade on me almost all the time. Either a Busse SAR3 or ESEE Izula or both sometimes, I dont usually carry a larger knife on me when I'm going out in public, sheeple dont like seeing someone carrying a 10" battle mistress thats tendon slicing sharp at the grocery store ;)

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Indiana has fairly liberal knife laws actually. I just Googled Indiana Knife Laws and followed the links. Strange enough though, Throwing Stars and Brass Knuckles are illegal in Indiana as well as Automatic (Switch Blade) knives. I carry my SOG Seal Team Pup quite a bit and it has a 4.5" fixed blade. The sheath has a nice pocket on the outside where I put my Leatherman Multi Tool. Works good for me.

There is no reference to brass knuckles in the IC. IC 35-47-5 does state that switchblades/gravity knives and "Chinese throwing stars" are illegal. The part about brass knucks was repealed.

As far as carrying a fixed blade, I've OC'd fixed blades of different sizes, and as soon as I make a replacement sheath for the one I usually carry, it'll go back on my belt. There's no length restrictions.

Enjoy OCing your samurai sword, though. You'll probably be targeted by ninjas.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    "Chinese throwing stars"
    so if I get some made in Japan or some other country I can legally own them? sweeeeet!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Strange enough though, Throwing Stars and Brass Knuckles are illegal in Indiana

As to brass knuckles you are incorrect.

I have traced this rumor back to the Indy1500 gun show which hosts dealers from the South where they are illegal. The Southern dealers tell people that they are "illegal" but sell them anyway making the deal all the much sweeter.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Yep no blade lenght ...

Photoon2010-10-19at2139.jpg

Elfboy26

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 18, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    While the above is awesome, its a little much for me. How do you guys normally carry a fixed blade concealed? I'm thinking a smallish fixed like an ESEE 3? Thanks.

Top Bottom