• ...and so much more!
  • My opinion of banning desecration of the American flag:

• Total voters

Son of Liberty

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    A double-digit percentage of people support scary, enormous government, that could potentially arrest you for wearing a flag tshirt. Real patriots are they.

And some of these folks who voted for opition 1 are the same folks who complain about big government and the government trying to control our lives.

Funny, maybe they only want freedom and rights for the folks who believe as they do.

OAK

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    TH
    You mean the same generation that brought us Social Security, a means to ensure they got me to pay for their retirement by setting up a system that ensures they get a sizeable chunk of my money for their use, but was destined to fail before I got any of my money back? IOW, the generation that is letting me pay for their retirement that they didn't save for, while at the same time actually trying to save for mine? Thanks... I just love paying for two retirements!

Kind of puts "Me generation" in a whole new light. Not everything they did was good, some of it has seriously weakened this nation.

It started earlier than 1940!

As far as I can tell the "Me Generation" began with Roosevelt's "New Deal" which in turn led to the 1935 Social Security Act only enforcing "This is my piece of the pie"!

I believe the real kicker to be in the 1960's. Where LBJ's administration declared an ostensible "war on poverty" with its Head Start, Job Corps, food stamps, and MEDICAID funded education, job training, direct food assistance, and direct medical assistance. Although the poverty rate declined in the 60s, more than 4 million new recipients signed up for welfare. Humm....

Then in 1996 President Bill Clinton signed the Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act. Under the act, the federal government gave annual lump sums to the states to use to assist the poor.

So it's all across the board...

Last edited:

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    You should be able to burn the American flag, but Obama will kick your ass if you even think about burning the Mexican flag. :joke:

But in all seriousness, let the people burn their flags if they must. It is offensive, but it's not infringing on my rights if they do, so I'd probably tell them how stupid they are and then walk away. :dunno:

OAK

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    TH
    The real thing that has changed since the 1940's is America's patriotism minus the time from 9-11-01 to 6mos?!

G_Stines

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Central Indiana
    If you approve the amendment, its just another way you allow the gov't to control your personal actions and life. I disagree with burning of the flag entirely, but I believe the right is to be protected.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    And some of these folks who voted for opition 1 are the same folks who complain about big government and the government trying to control our lives.

Funny, maybe they only want freedom and rights for the folks who believe as they do.

Probably. I wonder what life would've been like if the Founders werent so hardnosed in they're desire to create a more-perfect union, and instead incorporated some Euro elitism.

I wonder what could've been, had the Russian Royal Family killed those communist when they had the chance, instead of allowing that perversion to live on.

My point is, there are points in history where tolerance for those of a differ desire in Rule has proven to be quite tyrannical.

The Founders had a desire and intent for this Nation; it's obvious we've strayed. My observation, if you want Communism, GO to South America, Cuba, China etc.

If you want Religious Nationalism, go to the middle East.

If you want Multiculturalism, go to India, Canada and some South American
    Nations.

QUIT DESTROYING MY HOMELAND. :patriot: (Not directed at anyone on INGO)

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    So what is the single culture that we as Americans are supposed to exhibit in order to be accepted into this country as the "founders intended?"

I think there was an article recently that talked about the "American Culture". It is a culture of freedom and liberty. Until recently all immigrants to this great land, had that love and desire. They wanted to melt into the culture and be part of building an even better future. It really has nothing to do with heritage or color.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Probably. I wonder what life would've been like if the Founders werent so hardnosed in they're desire to create a more-perfect union, and instead incorporated some Euro elitism.

I wonder what could've been, had the Russian Royal Family killed those communist when they had the chance, instead of allowing that perversion to live on.

My point is, there are points in history where tolerance for those of a differ desire in Rule has proven to be quite tyrannical.

The Founders had a desire and intent for this Nation; it's obvious we've strayed. My observation, if you want Communism, GO to South America, Cuba, China etc.

If you want Religious Nationalism, go to the middle East.

If you want Multiculturalism, go to India, Canada and some South American
    Nations.

QUIT DESTROYING MY HOMELAND. :patriot: (Not directed at anyone on INGO)

Viking Kittens - Joel Veitch rathergood.com music - Led Zeppelin - Immigrant Song

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    Perhaps the one that birthed this Nation?

The founders did have intentions for this Nation, that much can be seen in they're speech, policy and law.

I suppose I would argue that having a multicultural society originated in America. Perhaps it's still a work in progress. Immigrants off boats made this country what it is...............and they represented many cultures.

I think there was an article recently that talked about the "American Culture". It is a culture of freedom and liberty. Until recently all immigrants to this great land, had that love and desire. They wanted to melt into the culture and be part of building an even better future. It really has nothing to do with heritage or color.

:yesway:Now that makes perfect sense to me. Freedom and liberty IS American culture. Although I would say that heritage and color played a fairly large role in ones acceptance to the "club.".........especially in the early days of our nation.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    I suppose I would argue that having a multicultural society originated in America. Perhaps it's still a work in progress. Immigrants off boats made this country what it is...............and they represented many cultures.

What is multiculturalist about America, Jarrell says WASP, the be all, end all in his attempt to demonize the foundation, without regard to other people cultures who came and dont fall under the WASP, and yet prospered beyond that which they would've in Europe.

Historically, Immigrants were expected to assimilate, and adjust to the host Nations. However, the culture of the people, for the most part were not in conflict with American culture, due to foundation of the Nation, and the heritage of immigrants, who were able to gain American Citizenship.

Today, we can readily address where the "new" cultures are at conflict with American culture, and will ultimately not make good bedfellows, in which there will be only one in the end. We saw that "TRUE" multiculturalism in America never faired well. How'd the Indians fair? Did they enjoy European culture? Hindsight tells us, ABSOLUTELY NOT!

The Multiculturalism you are undoubtedly referring to is the stigmas of Spanish, French, Swedish, English, Irish, Scottish Nationalism (Good word? Too far? ), in which America offered the ability for these great and beautiful people to come together, and build something better; Before I hear all the rosey rainbows of multiculturalism even at the extent I described, lets not forget that for the better half of American heritage, people have self-segregated themselves, and even today, for the most part continue the trend, I guess you could call that tribelism at it's worse or best, depending upon how you view the issue.

History, brother, is full of multiculturalist failures. Just calling a duck a duck

Now that makes perfect sense to me. Freedom and liberty IS American culture. Although I would say that heritage and color played a fairly large role in ones acceptance to the "club.".........especially in the early days of our nation

No arguement.

Unfortunate or fortunately, is in the eye of the beholder, though. The "Club" only included citizenship, however, we do know that prosperity was not determined by heritage and color; Considering the non-WASP slave owners within the Southern region, who were considered "Free men" but not citizens, lived from what I've heard pretty nice lives for the time.

I think anything more, might get us in trouble, so it might be good to not push much farther than this.

Last edited:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I've said this on here before. I took my flag down. I'm to the point where I feel our founders would take our flags away from us if they could come back and do so. Every American is responsible for our country straying away from what our founders fought, bled, and died for. And yet we have the arrogance to believe we are worthy of being their equals. They risked their lives to give us liberty. What are we doing with the gift they've given us? We are pissing it away for our posterity. They cared more for their posterity than their own lives. We are selling our children into slavery for our own slice of government cheese.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I believe I killed the thread the last time I posted the above as well.

I haven't taken my flag down. Although I agree we are all responsible for the state of the nation. I don't think we are out of it yet. Corruption runs rampant though our society. No wear is it more corrupt than at the top starting with the ethically desolate politicians. This can be changed and I want to keep fighting the good fight even as greed and despair continues to grip the minds of the sheep.

Look forward, there is another election pending soon.;)

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I haven't taken my flag down. Although I agree we are all responsible for the state of the nation. I don't think we are out of it yet. Corruption runs rampant though our society. No wear is it more corrupt than at the top starting with the ethically desolate politicians. This can be changed and I want to keep fighting the good fight even as greed and despair continues to grip the minds of the sheep.

Look forward, there is another election pending soon.;)

And I'm of the opinion that this country isn't worth saving for about 90% of Americans. We even have our own "freedom loving" INGO members who are all too willing to trample the rights of others so their beloved team can play on Sunday. People likethat aren't worth my blood.

We have an election coming up? Which candidate of the republicrat establishment are you voting for?

Top Bottom