Flat Earther builds rocket to prove Earth flat. Dies trying to prove it.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I can't help but think of the Grateful Dead song, The Other One.

Spanish lady come to me, she lays on me this rose
    It rainbow spirals round and round, it trembles and explodes
    It left a smoking crater of my mind I like to blow away
    But the heat came round and busted me for smiling on a cloudy day

Coming, coming, coming around
    Coming around, coming around, in a circle

Escaping through the lily fields, I came across an empty space
    It trembled and exploded, left a bus stop in its place
    The bus came by and I got on, that's when it all began
    There was Cowboy Neal at the wheel of the bus to never ever land

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Maybe y’all should see if Mad Mike Hughes was REALLY a flat Earther...

Maybe it was a publicity stunt to land sponsorship...

If you’re energetic enough to post here you’re energetic enough to do your own research.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

If you’re energetic enough to post here you’re energetic enough to do your own research.

I'm not entirely sure there are any real flat earthers. The whole "movement" has "massive troll" written all over it.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Seems like that's the case.

I didn't watch the video posted here; not big on armchair You Tubers (no offense).

Here's a link to a story: https://www.marketwatch.com/story/m...rash-trying-to-prove-earth-is-flat-2020-02-23

Here's a older story about his first rocket, and claim he'll run for governor: https://apnews.com/870b745abdfe41df...cket-scientist-blasts-off-into-California-sky

Here's video of the launch, and impact: https://nypost.com/2020/02/23/mad-mike-hughes-fatal-rocket-crash-caught-on-video/

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'm not entirely sure there are any real flat earthers. The whole "movement" has "massive troll" written all over it.

That's part of it. Part of it is rebellion, part of it is groupthink and tribalism, then the rest... various reason.

Behind the Curve is a good movie that shines a light on these folks.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

I met one once, A muslin from Pakistan, Who had flown to the United Stated. I am convinced he believed it in spite of seeing the curvature of the earth from the air. He claimed it was an optical illusion.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I've always wanted to try this. Except instead of jettisoning the balloons one by one and pray my descent rate wasnt too high, just jettison myself at altitude. I've still got my sport parachute from my skydiving days.

I'm sure every one in the National Airspace System will appreciate you abandoning this at altitude for the unknown future...;)

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I'm sure every one in the National Airspace System will appreciate you abandoning this at altitude for the unknown future...;)

One of MANY reasons why I never tried. Didnt want a Seinfeld Junior Mints type incident. "In other news, a lawn chair was sucked into the #1 engine on a FedEx DC-10 at 43,000 over Indiana today..."

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    One of MANY reasons why I never tried. Didnt want a Seinfeld Junior Mints type incident. "In other news, a lawn chair was sucked into the #1 engine on a FedEx DC-10 at 43,000 over Indiana today..."

:yesway:

I work the National Airspace Process, we have to deal with all sorts of folks that fit into special categories with the FAA, cluster balloons, regular balloons, space going balloons...apparently "see and avoid" only counts for some folks.

There's a company out west that wants to take folks by balloon to the edge of space in a canister then deflate and jettison the balloon and come back down by para-sail. As cool as this initially sounded there's he whole issue of de-conflicting you with every other user of the airspace from the surface to space while on the way back down you have the para-sail and a huge fluttering rag that could drape itself across anything it came across. Not necessarily a good idea but when folks are sporting a hundred grand or more a ticket the politics becomes sticky. I suppose we'll have to wait until a few hundred people die to trace the money back to who was responsible (like that will happen).

This is very similar to the "Google Loon" project where they want to orbit the planet with balloons to provide internet to all...Space X may have trumped them.

Top Bottom