• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Well, this guy is the mayor, and he has a record, and these guys knew what sort of person they were dealing with, and they didn't have media with them so....I'm not sure what that has to do with an unrelated incident in Indiana.

If you have an arrest warrant for a person you know to be armed and unstable, why serve it in the most dangerous way possible? Why give him the benefit of a reinforced door, and the protections that his home afford? He has a job, and you know where he works.

This is especially so, if you have a search warrant that is going to get you into his house once you pick him up anyway.

Like Denny said upthread...

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    I'm surprised that he is still breathing. Of course, the media only wonders about whether he has an attorney or not. Naturally.
    Maybe the cops figured that since they had opened fire on his door instead of making the ram work, they weren’t in the best legal situation? Since it appears they started blazing away first, the “attempted murder“ charges are going to be really really problematic.

Shooting the door open on a predawn forced entry warrant service on a licensing violation, have to say that’s a unique one to me.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Sounds like they were trying to swat a fly with a Buick.

Maybe we should be asking why they thought such force was necessary. To me it smells of "righteous indignation" that a person OTHER THAN the normal suspect be accused of wrong doing. Making an example, showing no favoritism and other forms of righteous indignation will tend to make a person's response unequal to the offense.

No matter how "good" or "bad" their perspective outcome, the means (IMO) shows a lack of respect to the individual and property in general. If agents of the court are allowed to depersonalize individuals down to sub-human or unworthy for the purpose of mounting an attack to "serve the community" then the community is no longer safe.

But then again, walking into someones office and handing him an envelope doesn't get you on the news nor allows you to feel vindicated like like a D-Day reenactment will...

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    florida.jpg

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    For the record I’m neither lawyer or LEO. I am waiting for the Paul Harvey moment, this story needs one.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    And 50% of that 50% of 50% were LEOs!

When the official LE story is that the cops took fire after SHOOTING the freaking DOOR open...

Giving the Hon. (yeah, right) Dr. Mayor the benefit of the doubt, how would a reasonable person respond to someone trying to bust down the front door, then shooting into the house?

Lots of fail all around here.

As Frank and others have noted, there are many much more straightforward ways to have handled this. I don't know about Florida, but practicing medicine without a license is a Level 5 felony in Indiana (IC 25-22.5-8-2(a)), and I would suspect in the vast, vast majority of cases it is not a violent crime.:)

As a side note, practicing law without a license in Indiana is only a Class B misdemeanor (IC 33-43-2-1). Go figure. :)

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    You including your colleagues in that assessment?

Damn near 50% of the INGO members commenting on this thread are/were LEOs.

My comment includes anyone that commented about how the officers did it incorrectly/they could have done it better or blames the officers' actions on them being shot at.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Giving the Hon. (yeah, right) Dr. Mayor the benefit of the doubt, how would a reasonable person respond to someone trying to bust down the front door, then shooting into the house?

Lots of fail all around here.

As Frank and others have noted, there are many much more straightforward ways to have handled this. I don't know about Florida, but practicing medicine without a license is a Level 5 felony in Indiana (IC 25-22.5-8-2(a)), and I would suspect in the vast, vast majority of cases it is not a violent crime.:)

As a side note, practicing law without a license in Indiana is only a Class B misdemeanor (IC 33-43-2-1). Go figure. :)

I never said anything about how it should have been handled. I am not SWAT and I don't have any information about the charges or the arrestee to give an accurate tactical plan, so I'm not even going to armchair QB it.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    My comment includes anyone that commented about how the officers did it incorrectly/they could have done it better or blames the officers' actions on them being shot at.

I've learned in my brief time on INGO that INGOers are just better at everything. They require no training, knowledge or professional expertise. They just wing it and it always works.

Top Bottom