• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Nobody likes suppositories, but sometimes it's the best way to deliver the meds. My doctor is always very compassionate about it, placing his hands on my shoulders and ensuring me that everything is ok.

When you get that new keyboard, go ahead and send it to me since you owe me now.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Considering the likely hundreds of millions of influenza vaccines that have been given in the United States over the years, I'd say those statistics show that while it isn't 100% without risk, the risk presented is QUITE low.
    But is it lower than the risk of severe consequences from the flu itself? In a healthy person, it's about a wash. I'd rather take my chances with the flu than any unknown long term side effects from a vax.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    it is public school. Ever since they started public school, at least one of my grandkids is sick every time they come over, then my wife ends up sick, then I end up sick. Sort of like avoiding AIDS, you learn not to go to those places and you don't end up sick. If you are not sick you don't infect your family.

I wonder if there are any studies on the illness rates between public school and home school?

Brian Ski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    it is public school. Ever since they started public school, at least one of my grandkids is sick every time they come over, then my wife ends up sick, then I end up sick. Sort of like avoiding AIDS, you learn not to go to those places and you don't end up sick. If you are not sick you don't infect your family.

I wonder if there are any studies on the illness rates between public school and home school?

Interesting catch 22.... I work doing deliveries. Around the public constantly. When you first start the job you are sick a lot then after a while you tend to build up immunities. I think home school kids would have a very low rate of sickness, because they are not out in the public. On the other hand their immune system will probably be weak when they do get out in the world.

From what I remember the young kids at school (like you mentioned) Always seem to have something, but the teachers are never that sick.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Left Fogo last night, not feeling well, no surprise, woke up today to 101.7 and my skin hurting! Losing fluids like Michael Brown, can't replace em and keep'em down. Ready to start the oral IV stuff, but moving hurts, and can't reach my bag. Someone volunteer to kill me?

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I hate snot. Absolutely hate it. Always have. I have no issues blowing my nose but when it takes a T-shirt to accommodate it....well, that sucks.

How I picture churchmouse:

article-2123455-126B6197000005DC-551_634x817.jpg

Top Bottom