• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Took the wife in several weeks ago and she had pneumonia. A Steroid, an inhaler (not Used) and a Z Pack and all is well

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Doctor, these suppositories taste terrible!

Taste? You've been eating them?

What'd you expect me to do shove them up my ass?
    Nobody likes suppositories, but sometimes it's the best way to deliver the meds. My doctor is always very compassionate about it, placing his hands on my shoulders and ensuring me that everything is ok.

Brian Ski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    I thought when the flu shots came out, they were for the young and elderly. People that would have weaker immune systems. They said that it was better if the healthy adults do not receive them so their immune systems would get stronger.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Nobody likes suppositories, but sometimes it's the best way to deliver the meds. My doctor is always very compassionate about it, placing his hands on my shoulders and ensuring me that everything is ok.
    Does he also say, " you're going to feel a little pressure"?

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Who it "they" and were did "they" say this?

I know the flu can effect people with healthy immune systems,but it is rarely fatal to that group.
    What is the logic to justify a vaccine that is not all that effective that could very will cause serious problems in otherwise healthy people?

http://www.fda.gov/downloads/BiologicsBloodVaccines/ScienceResearch/UCM367604.pdf
    FDA suggest that researchers attempting to develop a “universal” influenza vaccine targeting a specific part of influenza viruses called the HA stem should consider the possibility that some antibodies triggered by such a vaccine might enhance influenza disease rather than prevent it.

Of course that did not stop them approving the Flublok vaccine back in January 2013.
    FDA approves new seasonal influenza vaccine made using novel technology

So why should a healthy person risk the vaccine,especially this year with the mismatch in strains.
    As of November 2013, there have been more than 93,000 reports of reactions, hospitalizations, injuries and deaths following influenza vaccinations made to the federal Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System (VAERS), including 1,080 related deaths, 8,888 hospitalizations, 1,801 related disabilities and over 1,700 cases of GBS. In 2013 the Federal Advisory Commission on Childhood Vaccines (ACCV) voted to add GBS to the Vaccine Injury Table within the federal Vaccine Injury Compensation Program (VICP).
    Influenza Disease and Vaccines - National Vaccine Information Center

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

As of November 2013, there have been more than 93,000 reports of reactions, hospitalizations, injuries and deaths following influenza vaccinations made to the federal Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System (VAERS), including 1,080 related deaths, 8,888 hospitalizations, 1,801 related disabilities and over 1,700 cases of GBS. In 2013 the Federal Advisory Commission on Childhood Vaccines (ACCV) voted to add GBS to the Vaccine Injury Table within the federal Vaccine Injury Compensation Program (VICP).

Influenza Disease and Vaccines - National Vaccine Information Center

http://www.medalerts.org/vaersdb/findfield.php

Search any Flu vaccine,and you will find plenty of reactions everything from Hives,GBS,to death.
    http://www.medalerts.org/vaersdb/index.php

Adult
    influenza vaccine injury claims are now the leading claim submitted to the federal Vaccine Injury Compensation Program.

From 2006 to Dec 2014 Influenza vaccine claims(932) have been the most common claim filed under the Federal Vaccine Injury Compensation program beating TDap claims(105)information on page 7.This does not include dismissed claims or claims where the cause could not be determined to be a result of the vaccine beyond a reasonable doubt.

Since 2011 the fund has paid out $3,062,470,494.55 between petitioners and attorneys(*Information located on page 4).The pharmaceutical companies thank you and the National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act of 1986 for maintaining shareholder profits. http://www.hrsa.gov/vaccinecompensation/index.html

http://www.hrsa.gov/vaccinecompensation/statisticsreport.pdf

Last edited:

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Considering the likely hundreds of millions of influenza vaccines that have been given in the United States over the years, I'd say those statistics show that while it isn't 100% without risk, the risk presented is QUITE low.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Considering the likely hundreds of millions of influenza vaccines that have been given in the United States over the years, I'd say those statistics show that while it isn't 100% without risk, the risk presented is QUITE low.

I will not disagree the risk is low for complications from the vaccine.The risk of dying from the flu though is almost non existent for healthy adults.

Number of deaths: 1,532 from influenza.*CDC source linked.

FastStats - Influenza

That is confirmed cases.They also use an estimated method based on deaths from cardiac or lung issues in areas experiencing a current outbreak.*source Estimating Seasonal Influenza-Associated Deaths in the United States: CDC Study Confirms Variability of Flu | Seasonal Influenza (Flu) | CDC That puts the death toll around 3000-49,000 depending on the year.The study included this "the study confirmed previous findings that about 90% of influenza associated deaths occur among adults 65 years and older."

More people die from accidental poisoning(36,280),or car accidents(33,783),or falls(27,483) than die from the flu.Unless you are over 65 age group I can really see no reason for the vaccine.http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/accidental-injury.htm

I would almost bet with the prevalence of HA universal vaccines the rate of vaccinated otherwise healthy adult deaths from flu will increase,not decrease.Which is why the FDA wrote this... http://www.fda.gov/downloads/BiologicsBloodVaccines/ScienceResearch/UCM367604.pdf
    but then did the unexplainable and approved a vaccine based on exactly what they where warning against.FDA approves new seasonal influenza vaccine made using novel technology

Then you have studies linking those vaccinated actually can suffer much more severely if infected with a different strain of the flu such as this one.
    Ferrets Keep Flu Vaccine/H1N1 Pot Boiling
    "There may be a direct vaccine effect in which the seasonal vaccine induced some cross-reactive antibodies that recognized pandemic H1N1 virus, but those antibodies were at low levels and were not effective at neutralizing the virus," she continued, explaining that instead of killing the new virus it actually may facilitate its entry into the cells.

I have only had a confirmed case of the flu once in my life,and it did take me out for a few days and took a good 2 weeks to fully recover from.That said I now have a life time immunity to that strain.If I had been vaccinated against that strain I would not have that immunity for more than a few years.

Add to that those who get the vaccine can actually spread the flu,per the CDC.
    "It is also possible for vaccine strain influenza to be transmitted by persons, who have recently received live attenuated influenza virus nasal vaccines. Vaccine strain viruses can be shed in body fluids for seven or more days after administration of live attenuated virus vaccines."
    http://www.nvic.org/vaccines-and-diseases/Influenza.aspx

Last edited:

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    And here it goes again. Patiently awaiting the arrival of Steve and Rambone.

I'm going to sit this one out.

Top Bottom