• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    ...it is very tricky to have these rules that will impact a very specific group of people in a negative way.

Maybe its not really discriminatory, as it is a disproportionate impact. But to me I see all kinds of red flags when only the poor people in urban areas would be negatively effected by this.

So, we are doing this to save the poor? To let them thrive? Add more debt to society? More handouts for them?

If it saves just one poor person, then it's worth it....right?

gvbcraig

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 10, 2009
    Southwest Fort Wayne
    That's great, if eats through concrete its has to be good for your teeth and body:dunno:

I'm glad to see that bigo334 had it right "concrete". But the news paper headline and the blog title called it "cement".

What is cement? A manufactured power that reacts with water. A cement parking lot, is just heated limestone powder.

Pet peeve: Cement is one of the ingredients that make up concrete, it isn't even the main ingredient. You also need fly ash or slag, stone aggregate, some sand, chemical admixtures, depending on the location, temperatures and application, air and water to create the hydration process.

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    So, we are doing this to save the poor? To let them thrive? Add more debt to society? More handouts for them?

If it saves just one poor person, then it's worth it....right?

Here is what my mind is thinking.

We collectively pollute the water to the point that it is darn near undrinkable in urban areas, so in my mind we are responsible to collectively clean it back up.

*disclaimer* by we I refer to society in general, not just rich or poor, all of society.

Wrong or right, I dont know. But is it ethically ok to just pollute the water and not let the poor folk have a means to purify it back? For me, it is not.

Edit: I kinda sound like a bleeding heart liberal, but rest assured I am no more a liberal than Obama is a fiscal conservative.

Cherryspringer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    Lafayette
    I'm an electrician and I'll let you guys in on a trade secret. Sometimes our conduits will end up with wet concrete in them which drys and hardens and plugs the pipe making it unusable. The trick is to pour coca cola in the conduit and it will dissolve the concrete. Also your stomach acid is much stronger than either of these. So don't freak out too bad.

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    Conspiracy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The pavement was burned like that before the spill, move along here.

Last edited:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    To anyone:

Are good teeth worth the risk of knocking years off of your life?

Possible cavities? Or possible cancer, osteoporosis, dementia, thyroid disease, bone problems, arthritis, brain damage? All these things are linked to ingesting fluoride.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    picture.php

This is on every tube of toothpaste.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    picture.php

This is on every tube of toothpaste.

Yeeeessss??:dunno: You said that 2 pages ago...and if you are under 6 years old and prone to eating toothpaste then it is good to know. See my posts regarding dosage/ concentration. To somebody that is able to rinse and spit you are good to go. Do you avoid using soap too? Because if you eat too much soap it will make your tummy upset, if you inject it it will kill you, but I don't have a problem rubbing it all over my skin. I didn't mean to insinuate you likely don't use soap but washing with soap seemed to be a good analogy. If soap were designed or marketed to be used in the mouth I'm sure the manufacturers would rethink their liability and labeling based on the potential of somebody eating it.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I bet you could eat a bar of soap and not have to worry about calling poison control though.

:laugh: My mother would take that bet. She has seen first hand what a little bit of soap in my mouth will do. I do not stand a chance of making it through an entire bar of soap before it becomes a self fixing problem :puke:. :D

Top Bottom