• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • newtothis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    Hemp wont get you stoned, yeah its in the same family as marijuana... but the two are not one and the same. Thats Pothead rhetoric used by NORML.

As for making it legal, I dont support stupidity in any of its forms... legal or otherwise.

I would support decriminalization for personal consumption, but not full legalization.

Legalization of marijuana would only encourage bad behavior that is already occurring and give them a legitimate foot to stand on.

You dont tell your kid that throwing a tantrum one day will result in a spanking, and then decide that tantrums are not spanking-worthy the next. Encourage good behavior, and reinforce that illegal or bad behavior will be met with swift punishment.

Ive ranted enough... Im good now

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    The way of my understanding the smoking kind, is that is was the "blackman's" drug of choice. Alcohol is the "whiteman's" choice and he's the one making the laws so...

As far the rope stuff Northern Indiana was a huge producer back in the day.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Legalization of marijuana would only encourage bad behavior that is already occurring and give them a legitimate foot to stand on.

You dont tell your kid that throwing a tantrum one day will result in a spanking, and then decide that tantrums are not spanking-worthy the next. Encourage good behavior, and reinforce that illegal or bad behavior will be met with swift punishment.

I don't think its the government's job to nanny us and enforce responsibility. Or to spank us.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Note that this thread has already, in it's short life, seen comments taken as insults of other members and racial questions.

Note as well that further such will be detrimental to the posters' continuing presence on this board. :mods:

Last edited:

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Hemp wont get you stoned, yeah its in the same family as marijuana... but the two are not one and the same. Thats Pothead rhetoric used by NORML.

As for making it legal, I dont support stupidity in any of its forms... legal or otherwise.

I would support decriminalization for personal consumption, but not full legalization.

Huh? NORML refers to hemp as what it actually is and has since I was affiliated (nope, never smoked pot) in 1997. What exactly are you even talking about with personal consumption when the thread title says HEMP, not MARIJUANA? Your line of thinking, I'd like to try that some day.

Actually some of that goes for everyone talking about smoking...the thread was about HEMP. Not sure if reading really is that hard, there are too many short attention spans, or maybe people just like to go off on rants that have nothing to do with the original subject.

slackerisme

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Just north of Ft. Wayne
    It is odd to me that so many people who want the .gov out of our schools, hospitals, and gun safes think that is great that a plant is illegal. Seriously? People have been spoon fed BS about weed from birth, and now everyone thinks its dangerous.

Think of how much money we spend on guarding, policing, administrating, and jailing people for smoking weed in a "free" country. It is mind numbingly stupid.

slackerisme

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Just north of Ft. Wayne

So making a plant legal that could:

Be used to make rope, lessening our use on petroleum products.
    Save us MEGA billions in policing and incarceration
    Be used as a source for biodiesel that does not compete for our food supply
    Taxed as heavily as the government wants, generating billions
    Keep millions of families fed as farmers
    Support the growth of new jobs in an entirely new industry

Is a bad idea because your 5th grade teacher says drugs are bad? :dunno:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Honestly? Mllions of families fed as farmers??

Absurd statements do not help your cause if you are suggesting 9 million people could obtain their food/shelter/income/etc from the profit of selling pot.

Last edited:

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Actually some of that goes for everyone talking about smoking...the thread was about HEMP. Not sure if reading really is that hard, there are too many short attention spans, or maybe people just like to go off on rants that have nothing to do with the original subject.

Regardless of the distinctions you make , in 93 a pound of "ditch weed"
    would sell for around $700 . Why , because people will smoke it .

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog

Absurd statements do not help your cause if you are suggesting 9 million people could obtain their food/shelter/income/etc from the profit of selling pot.
    They probably could with all the tax revenue it would generate because we know the government likes to give away that which is not theirs

slackerisme

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Just north of Ft. Wayne

Who said nine million. Anyhow, how many acres of land are in land management programs? How many farm hands do farmers hire, do they eat? Yeah i would say millions of families nation wide would be effected. Whether or not you think its absurd.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Regardless of the distinctions you make , in 93 a pound of "ditch weed"
    would sell for around $700 . Why , because people will smoke it .

People will also buy bags of oregano, grass clippings, or whatever else...people are stupid. If someone is paying $700 for "ditch weed" they are either retarded or they're LEO setting up a "dealer" seeing as even today people can buy "mids" for $800-1000 for a pound (yeah, I know quite a few people that partake and quite a few of them buy in large quantities, nope...still never joined in the festivities). If someone wants to waste money on Hemp (aka ditchweed) to try to smoke, let them. The THC levels aren't high enough to do much of anything.

PS. Morons will buy anything to try to get high. Look at all the kids smoking "spice". People are pretty stupid in general. Stupid people listen to rumors or random ignorant statements made on tv (and the internet). Stupid people are stupid.

Last edited:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Learned something new today. Hemp is a building material too. You can make roads or buildings out of "Hempcrete."

Hempcrete Installation Complete on Nauhaus Prototype Project

JJJ-back.jpg

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    I support the prohibition of cannabis.

I also support the prohibition of alcohol, nicotine, and caffeine. Why not be consistent?

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    I support the prohibition of cannabis.

I also support the prohibition of alcohol, nicotine, and caffeine. Why not be consistent?
    i respect your opinion.

but sure.. lets make the entire country DRY. oh wait.. lets ban nicotine of all forms too. you like tea? coffee? soda? nope.. none for you now.. caffeine banned too. enjoy life..

unemployment? what's that? alcohol isnt a billion dollar industry.. no sir.

nicotine as well.. where would the government get its taxes from then?

:dunno:

Jason91887

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    I don't drink and I don't smoke, but I have tried both and don't care for either. I am, however all for the idea of legalizing and regulating/taxing the **** out of it, like Alcohol/tobacco. It sure as hell can't hurt the $15T debt we have.

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    i respect your opinion.

but sure.. lets make the entire country DRY. oh wait.. lets ban nicotine of all forms too. you like tea? coffee? soda? nope.. none for you now.. caffeine banned too. enjoy life..

unemployment? what's that? alcohol isnt a billion dollar industry.. no sir.

nicotine as well.. where would the government get its taxes from then?

:dunno:

Do you honestly imagine I typed out my post without understanding that banning alcohol, nicotine, and caffeine means people won't be able to legally smoke, drink, have coffee/tea/soda, or work in industries that rely on those substances?

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    Do you honestly imagine I typed out my post without understanding that banning alcohol, nicotine, and caffeine means people won't be able to legally smoke, drink, have coffee/tea/soda, or work in industries that rely on those substances?
    so you condone a higher property tax (imagine how much anheuser busch pays in property taxes.. someone has to pay it), higher unemployment rates (people losing jobs from buildings not making beer / smokes), and in general pissing off half the nation.. neat.

Top Bottom