• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    First of all, this is NOT a Glock bashing, or my gun is better than your gun thread.

I came across a nice set of pre-cut grips, on another forum, for my XDm. Sets for the XD and XDsc are also available, all for $15. The story behind these is a guy whose wife was complaining about her XD9sc slipping while shooting (go figure...:D), so he got to work with his vinyl cutter. The result was this:
    XDsc2.JPG

He then moved on to a XDm/XD grip set, and is currently working on a XD45/XD45c version.
    DSC_0140%281%29.jpg

So I caved and bought a set for my XDm 40 in rubber. From prep to finish it about two hours, and that includes the hour I let it sit to assure a tight fit. Here's the result:
    DSC02350.jpg

DSC02351.jpg

DSC02345.jpg

I liked the feel of the XDm before, but it is AMAZING now. I'm waiting on my Don's guide rod so I haven't made it to the range, yet. I'll post up my method of application if anyone is interested.

Links to the distributor:

XD X-Treme Grips

XDm X-Treme Grips

XDsc X-Treme Grips

Mods: If this needs to be in accessories you won't hurt my feelings by moving it.

Last edited:

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    i tried using some of the pre cast stuff on another polymer gun i own and they worked great until several trips in and out of the holster the tape started falling off.... keep an eye on it and when a few months have gone by and you have not had any problems post it up because its pretty impressive

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    i tried using some of the pre cast stuff on another polymer gun i own and they worked great until several trips in and out of the holster the tape started falling off.... keep an eye on it and when a few months have gone by and you have not had any problems post it up because its pretty impressive
    Will do. For $15 I won't be upset if they peel after a few months.

shawkpilot

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2008
    Lawrenceburg
    I used skateboard tape on mine. Took a sheet of paper, shaded over the patterns on the gun (laid a crayon on its side), cut out the shapes, traced onto skateboard tape, cut with razor blade. Got a whole sheet (enough to do probably 50 guns) for $5. Works great, and can be changed. I found that tape on the inside grip of the gun was not comfortable for IWB carry. That didn't take 2 minutes to figure out.

alxjmrk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Indy, Nora area
    just received mine today. installed what i could figure out and love it. wish i could find a guide as to what goes where for the random pieces of grip i have left. i will post pictures as soon as i get home

i carry an XD .40

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    just received mine today. installed what i could figure out and love it. wish i could find a guide as to what goes where for the random pieces of grip i have left. i will post pictures as soon as i get home

i carry an XD .40
    Did you prep the gun with rubbing alcohol before applying? And there's one more thing you can do to make sure all the edges adhere properly.

alxjmrk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Indy, Nora area
    haha!....no. Im not having any problems at all though yet. been messing with it a lot today too. still fits perfectly in my crossbreed IWB. my shirt sticks to it a little bit depending on what im wearing though.

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    haha!....no. Im not having any problems at all though yet. been messing with it a lot today too. still fits perfectly in my crossbreed IWB. my shirt sticks to it a little bit depending on what im wearing though.
    Don't be surprised if the edges start coming up a while. Also, when cleaning I covered everything with masking tape so solvent couldn't break down the adhesive. I've experienced some "shirt sticking" too, same holster.

Top Bottom