• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    It's been 5 months since I applied the decal grips, and not one corner has peeled up. The first sign of a peeling corner, and I'll report back.

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    I'm going to bump this for those who haven't seen it. I removed the left side grip section during some training in July of 2010 because I snagged my shirt too many times on the draw and it became annoying. Any adhesive residue rubbed off with my finger. I'm going on 15 months without a peeling corner.

lyric911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Anderson
    looks good post up how durable it is and ill buy one!

I'm going to bump this for those who haven't seen it. I removed the left side grip section during some training in July of 2010 because I snagged my shirt too many times on the draw and it became annoying. Any adhesive residue rubbed off with my finger. I'm going on 15 months without a peeling corner.

Emphasis mine.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    First of all, this is NOT a Glock bashing, or my gun is better than your gun thread.

I came across a nice set of pre-cut grips, on another forum, for my XDm. Sets for the XD and XDsc are also available, all for $15. The story behind these is a guy whose wife was complaining about her XD9sc slipping while shooting (go figure...:D), so he got to work with his vinyl cutter. The result was this:
    XDsc2.JPG

He then moved on to a XDm/XD grip set, and is currently working on a XD45/XD45c version.

So I caved and bought a set for my XDm 40 in rubber. From prep to finish it about two hours, and that includes the hour I let it sit to assure a tight fit. Here's the result:

I liked the feel of the XDm before, but it is AMAZING now. I'm waiting on my Don's guide rod so I haven't made it to the range, yet. I'll post up my method of application if anyone is interested.

Links to the distributor:

XD X-Treme Grips

XDm X-Treme Grips

XDsc X-Treme Grips

Mods: If this needs to be in accessories you won't hurt my feelings by moving it.

I ordered the X-treme grips for my XD9sc, and r'cvd them today. They are similar to above, but it looks like they have changed the appearance a bit.

My only gripe so far is that there is no install sheet. No guide as to exactly where each piece goes, etc.

This should be fun, not!

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    I ordered the X-treme grips for my XD9sc, and r'cvd them today. They are similar to above, but it looks like they have changed the appearance a bit.

My only gripe so far is that there is no install sheet. No guide as to exactly where each piece goes, etc.

This should be fun, not!
    Cut out each piece and check your placement before you peel off the backing. It should give you an idea of where things go and what pieces you want to leave out.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Cut out each piece and check your placement before you peel off the backing. It should give you an idea of where things go and what pieces you want to leave out.

Thanks, that's what I will do. I just think it sucks they coudlnt have included a diagram..

lyric911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Anderson
    Thanks, that's what I will do. I just think it sucks they coudlnt have included a diagram..

I found that annoying as well when I ordered mine recently. The decal on the bottom of the trigger guard peeled off on mine, but it wasn't the decal's fault. My carry holster is rather snug and basically scraped it off.

Top Bottom