• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Key phrase lol...

A sign by the edge of the road says that it is the remains of the S.S. Atlantus, one of twelve experimental ships built of concrete during the First World War, but "proven impractical because of weight."

WWI? Isn't that when single wing planes were generally considered impractical because of weight?

Concrete Ships: McCloskey Ships of WWII

Three decades of improvements in concrete technology made this new fleet lighter and stronger than its WWI predecessors.
    The ships were constructed in Tampa, Florida starting in July of 1943. The ships were built at an incredible rate, with one being launched a month.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    It really needs to cut this crap out. Fields are flooded, yard is out of control.

We've got around a 3 acre yard. When I put the riding mower up last winter it ran perfect, no problems all year. Went to get it going a while back and all I got was a single click. Charged it up, same thing. Replaced the battery and made sure the new one had a full charge as well. Click.

SWMBO has been saying for a while that she wanted to get a self propelled push mower so she could help by mowing around all the trees and other wonderful obstacles in the yard. So we picked one up. Shop said it would be around a month before they could get to the rider to look at it. A few years ago on an older mower they told us 3 weeks. That turned into 7 weeks.

Due to other things going on we got a little behind trying to push mow everything. There are spots now that are knee high. Once the rain breaks and everything dries out I'm sure those that live across the state will hear me yelling and creating new four letter words.

I see a ZTR in the future.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I was going to hop on this one, but some idiot attached it firmly to the ground.

Ark-Encounter-Tips-to-Know-Before-You-Go-7-1024x768.jpg

Was there Monday, loved it!

White Squirrel

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2016
    Evansville
    Friend of mine who is a farmer got his corn all planted the day before Easter. I am just hoping he doesn't have to replant it all.

Just drove from Evansville to Vincennes and back today. It was amazing how much more of the White River bottoms along US 41 were underwater on the way home than there were on the way up.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I'm trying to figure out when the 40 days started....
    Funny you ask, just heard the talking head say it started 8 days ago. They are predicting another 3 to 4 inches in central Indiana by the weekend. So far only a small lake which once was my back yard, but lots of streets reported closed in the Westfield area.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Came home from work to find my in ground pool that used to be my basement.... sump took a break and luckily I had one on the shelf. Then the discharge line broke and about 10 rounds of gorilla tape fixed the elbow that broke until I can fix it right.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Sump pump has been running a cycle time of 12-15 seconds ALL night. Schools on a 2 hr delay after letting out early yesterday.

After I lost power while on a conf call yesterday.

ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside
    Sump pump has been running a cycle time of 12-15 seconds ALL night. Schools on a 2 hr delay after letting out early yesterday.

After I lost power while on a conf call yesterday.

Man I thought mine was bad at a 40 second cycle time! Last night I decided to test my back up pump, it's an AC/DC back up. On AC power it might keep the water at bay but running off the battery it won't keep up. I do have a new main pump that I can install if the current main takes a dump but if power goes out I'm screwed. I just got done finishing the basement, it's been dry for 4 years but if power goes out with this type of rain it's all over. So now I need to shop for a new generator and to play it safe need to shop for a better battery backup if I'm not home if the power goes. This ain't going to be cheap!

Top Bottom