• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    I was counting the time between my sump pump cycles and it was less than 4 minutes, and that's with a big, deep sump pit.

I've got a spare pump at the ready, but the one in the crawl space is 19 years old this spring. At least glad that if the pump fails, I've just got a wet crawl space and not a ruined basement.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I was counting the time between my sump pump cycles and it was less than 4 minutes, and that's with a big, deep sump pit.

I've got a spare pump at the ready, but the one in the crawl space is 19 years old this spring. At least glad that if the pump fails, I've just got a wet crawl space and not a ruined basement.
    Yours is cycling? The neighbor across the street has two, and they have been running constant all morning. He has standing water up to within a few feet of the foundation, too. We get too much more rain, and he is going under.

Ours cycles about every 5 minutes right now.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Times like these (And 8 years ago when we were looking to buy) that our house is on the high ground in our part of our 'hood.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Times like these (And 8 years ago when we were looking to buy) that our house is on the high ground in our part of our 'hood.

We got 13 to 14 inches in 3 days in September 2008. Our house was high and dry....until shingles got blown off the roof and water leaking in caused the kitchen ceiling to collapse.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    I just went outside and it WASN'T raining. I wasn't sure what to do, it was weird. I came back inside.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    wvzozn.jpg

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Checked the sump pump at 7:00am before leaving for school drop off, checked it when I got back, checked it at 10:30 conf call break, at 12:30 1" water in basement. Seized up.

:xmad:

Talk about scrambling to jerry-rig a spare- fast. Of course they only have a 5 year warranty from 6 years ago.

Did I say- :xmad:

I'm building a float alarm with a claxon. :xmad:

Good time to clean out the basement.:xmad:

Top Bottom