• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    Reality
    Not to be critical but this article is from 2007. My question is who else backed this treaty and if it is in effect now, what have the repercussions been so far?

I will admit up front that I don't know the repercussions of this law, but what I have come to realize is that statists are very, very good at building the foundation for their agendas and much, much later capitalize on those built foundations to implement their liberty robbing agendas. Medicare built the foundation for Obama care which is the foundation of tyranny, the likes of which we have yet to see in this country.

:twocents:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I was just curious as to how the subject of that article actually affected things. I know election times are times that things like this come up. I'm not really a supporter of any of the current candidates so I'm not disagreeing with anyone, like I said just curious.

It makes a difference in two important regards. First, it gives the UN sovereignty over roughly 2/3 of the surface area of the planet. Second, the United States has pledged fealty to the United Nations as a superior entity rather than an organization previously lacking sovereignty over anything. This is a huge step forward for transferring power from sovereign nations to the UN and represents a shift not unlike the relationship between the states and the federal government before and after the civil war which has progressively deteriorated since such that today the states in practice are little more than subdivision of the United States rather than the equal partners joined in a limited federation as originally established. In short, this is a significant step for the United States to become a political subdivision of the United Nations rather than a sovereign nation. It is very important to remember that history-changing metamorphoses generally happen as processes not as events, much like the perennial favorite example of cooking frogs by gradually increasing the temperature. World government will happen a little at a time in much the same fashion as the erosion of our rights, not a matter of waking up one morning to a world entirely different than the one we went to sleep on such that we get up, look out the window, turn on the news and ask WTF happened.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    It makes a difference in two important regards. First, it gives the UN sovereignty over roughly 2/3 of the surface area of the planet. Second, the United States has pledged fealty to the United Nations as a superior entity rather than an organization previously lacking sovereignty over anything. This is a huge step forward for transferring power from sovereign nations to the UN....

Wrong. There's no loss to anyone's sovereignty unless you're a pirate.

For the most part, the UN is feckless. Why do you ascribe so much power to them?

mrclean

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Last edited:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Wrong. There's no loss to anyone's sovereignty unless you're a pirate.

For the most part, the UN is feckless. Why do you ascribe so much power to them?

What the Hell do you mean wrong? Free navigation of the sea (with the exception of sovereign coastal territory) has been standard for centuries. Pirates and/or other stateless vessels have been fair game for any national warship for a similarly long time, popular jackassing around with pirates rather than eliminating them in recent memory notwithstanding. Fecklessness on the part of the UN is irrelevant, and it is not a matter of what I ascribe, but rather what this treaty would ascribe to them. This treaty establishes de facto UN sovereignty over the open sea along with all the powers that go with it.

Top Bottom