Foreign National Arrested At Virginia Tech With Illegal 'Assault Firearm....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I was trying to not get into all of the minutia of citizenry and generalize. Permanent residents are close enough to citizens and IMHO, should have full rights, including 2A. Work and Student Visas I would not like to see in possession of firearms.

Also you are mixing up non-US-citizens who are just tourists and the ones who have legal permanent residency.

A legal permanent resident can legally buy firearms and even get a LTCH in the State of Indiana.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I was trying to not get into all of the minutia of citizenry and generalize. Permanent residents are close enough to citizens and IMHO, should have full rights, including 2A. Work and Student Visas I would not like to see in possession of firearms.

What about access to firearms without ownership?

A foreign tourist can rent a belt-fed machine gun in Vegas and experience some of that American freedom.

They can also carry guns on private property while they take firearm training.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Just a note about who can legally carry here: ...

IC 35-47-2-21 Recognition of retail dealers' licenses and licenses to carry handguns issued by other statesSec. 21. (a) Retail dealers' licenses issued by other states or foreign countries will not be recognized in Indiana except for sales at wholesale.
    (b) Licenses to carry handguns, issued by other states or foreign countries, will be recognized according to the terms thereof but only while the holders are not residents of Indiana.
    As added by P.L.311-1983, SEC.32.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    You expect to be able to go to another country and carry your handgun? Maybe I'd be OK with non-citizens from specific countries if those countries also agreed to honor our right to carry on their land.

But no, as of right now, I don't think non-citizens should be able to be armed on US soil. They choose to come here, they should accept the risk of not being armed here.

Most can't legally arm themselves in their home country. You think a Chinese citizen can legally walk through downtown Hong Kong with a pistol??? Why should they be able to here if they can't even do that in their home country. We should stop allowing non-citizens to arm themselves on our soil.

Only exemption should be for hunting.

I'm guessing you also don't think that residents of some other states shouldn't be able to carry here in IN?

The original settlers were colonizing. I'm talking about people who aren't staying here permanently. And we are post revolution and kicked Britain out. What was done pre-revolution isn't relevant. In those times, people didn't just come over for college or to visit. They were here to live here permanently. If you're here permanently, you should be able to own and have guns here. If you don't live here permanently and aren't a citizen, I don't want you carrying firearms on my countries soil unless it is specifically for tourism hunting.

Also.....lets not get into a religious debate ;)

You don't think that foreign citizens didn't come here for other reasons than to settle here after the Revolutionary war? How about sailors for starters, I'm guessing back in the day it was quite common for them to carry arms, on ship and off. Or buyers and sellers who came for import/export purposes. Or..

Also you are mixing up non-US-citizens who are just tourists and the ones who have legal permanent residency.

A legal permanent resident can legally buy firearms and even get a LTCH in the State of Indiana.

A foreign tourist can't just walk around with a gun.They can rent guns whoever and experience some of that freedom they can't have in their home country.

In IN they can at least if they have a license/permit from their home country (or any other state or country). And you don't have to be a legal permanent resident to purchase a firearm here. Just here legally and meet one of the requirements such as have a hunting license. I don't think there is any requirement to be a legal permanent resident to get a LTCH either, just be here legally. So someone on a student or work visa can get one.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Here's my point of view.
    Bad mouth the nation you're not a citizen of... get deported.
    Want a firearm... that depends, maybe you can, maybe you can't.... committed a few Misdemeanors? No roscoe for you. Go home if you don't like it.
    You want to come here? Ok, well reasonable suspicion will suffice. Don't like it, stay home.
    You're suspected of committing a crime, and don't want to talk because it may incriminate you? Here's your ticket back home.

:dunno:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    In IN they can at least if they have a license/permit from their home country (or any other state or country). And you don't have to be a legal permanent resident to purchase a firearm here. Just here legally and meet one of the requirements such as have a hunting license. I don't think there is any requirement to be a legal permanent resident to get a LTCH either, just be here legally. So someone on a student or work visa can get one.

I believe you need to have an Indiana resident status to get your LTCH.
    Not everybody on a student or work visa get that status as it depends how long you stay in the state.
    Certainly as a tourist you can't get one even if you are here legally.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Here's my point of view.
    Bad mouth the nation you're not a citizen of... get deported.
    Want a firearm... that depends, maybe you can, maybe you can't.... committed a few Misdemeanors? No roscoe for you. Go home if you don't like it.
    You want to come here? Ok, well reasonable suspicion will suffice. Don't like it, stay home.
    You're suspected of committing a crime, and don't want to talk because it may incriminate you? Here's your ticket back home.

:dunno:

Will that include complaining about the weather?

I don't think free speech should be restricted at all, regardless of your citizenship.
    It's a good thing that a foreign citizen can come and "bad mouth the regime" without being arrested or deported.
    That's not something you can do in North Korea or even China (there's probably a long list of other countries).

Even if a foreign citizen wants to come in front of the White House and burn the US flag while chanting anti-American slogans there should be no legal penalty for that.
    Just like when a US citizen does it (which is even more shamefull but that's another topic).

They might get punched in the face by some angry locals though, but that's the risk you take when you do stupid ****.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Will that include complaining about the weather?

I don't think free speech should be restricted at all, regardless of your citizenship.
    It's a good thing that a foreign citizen can come and "bad mouth the regime" without being arrested or deported.
    That's not something you can do in North Korea or even China (there's probably a long list of other countries).

Even if a foreign citizen wants to come in front of the White House and burn the US flag while chanting anti-American slogans there should be no legal penalty for that.
    Just like when a US citizen does it (which is even more shamefull but that's another topic).

They might get punched in the face by some angry locals though, but that's the risk you take when you do stupid ****.

No, that's a legitimate complaint. I'm speaking of general badmouthing of American institutions... like baseball, Robert DeNiro, apple pie, and pickup trucks.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Virginia law passed about a Pakistani waxed a couple of Christians in Action in Virginia upon developing SJS. He had an AR but traded it back in for an AK.

lolwut?

Was this a partial waxing or full Brazilian? Is there scriptural support for which is preferred? Is Steven-Johnson Syndrome contagious?

Top Bottom