• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Have you forgot you EDC in the last 6 months?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

JBP239

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2016
    Danville
    Yes I have left mine at home before...feels weird with out it. Once in awhile I forget if I have to make an unexpected trip to the store or something like that especially on a weekday that is out of the standard routine. I forgot to carry on a trip to Walmart last week, made me uncomfortable once I realized it.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I got to the shop today and realized I had forgotten my......... phone.

Meh...

EDC was right where it is supposed to be though!!

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Did you ever go into a mall and notice the map says you are here. Then walk around and notice another map and it also says you are here.

BigRed
    user-online.png

Plinker
    reputation_green.gif
    Join DateDec 2017
    Location Wherever I go
    Posts32

How did it know?

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Almost left the house today with an empty holster.

This morning I had the pants on I wore yesterday. I showered then decided to wear shorts today. Swapped everything from one pair to the other, OWB holster and mag pouch included.

I was putting on my shoes and something felt a little different. I thought I had it too far foward so I grabbed it to move it and found an empty holster. I headed back to my bedroom and it was sitting right where I left it. I did have my J frame in my pocket so I wasn't unarmed but I would have hated to need my pistol and found an empty holster when I got there.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I have gotten into my car and realized that I did not have my keys. I have gotten to work and realized that I forgot my phone. I have even gotten to the store and realized that I did not have my wallet. I have even gotten to the exit of my subdivision and forgot where I was heading. But, in none of these instances did I forget my handgun... What does that say about my priorities?

Lt Scott 14

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 18, 2018
    Porter County
    Yes, took a couple customers to County for a night of Graybar Hotel. Placed firearm in secure lockbox, checked in customers, hopped in squad, and started to roll south. Stopped and walked in sidewalk entrance, buzzed in, and retrieved my issued firearm. All smiles from staff! I used the trunk after that. My personal EDC is usually put on after shoes are on. BUG is by keys in drawer.(JFrame 442). I bought a camo sling pack and maintain at least one EDC/spare mag also. IWB rig accepts couple different firearms, so a couple are handy in secure locations. Sling bag carries BUG sometimes. Never forgot in a restroom or obvious place. Trained for that. Good Luck.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Kitty slayer, I don't wear a watch, I am married, so I never have $ in a wallet, I have forgotten my reading glasses, but I have never left the old duffle bags at home ever.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Yes, took a couple customers to County for a night of Graybar Hotel. Placed firearm in secure lockbox, checked in customers, hopped in squad, and started to roll south. Stopped and walked in sidewalk entrance, buzzed in, and retrieved my issued firearm.....

Put your car key/remote in with the gun.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Ever see a pissed off State Trooper whos issue gets stuck in the lock box and it won't open back up later? ..............you'll hear and learn, a new set of expletives used in many a different way if you ever do.
    We should have gotten somebody out of RSR Intake, or general pop to get his BERETTA out, as breaking into things was some of their specialties.

marv

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Gatchel, IN
    I used to always carry, work, church, bank, etc. Now I'm retired and living in s gov. controlled apartment. Can't even keep a gun in the house. But it lives in the car, always ready.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Last Sunday, I was headed to drum at church very early. Got to the gas station and something didn’t feel right in my attire. I drove back home, grabbed my shield 9mm and then went to church. First time I had forgotten it at home in years.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I have forgotten my EDC a few times when I am in a hurry or the wife/kids are hound me as I leave. However, that’s also why I keep a back up EDC in a safe in my truck. :)

Top Bottom