• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    At 98, he’s had a good run. Lousy president but I think he was a decent human being.

Jimmy Carter, the 98-year-old former President of the United States, will spend his remaining years in hospice care with his family, according to an announcement by his charity on Saturday.

The charity created in the former president’s name said on Twitter that “after a series of short hospital stays, former U.S. President Jimmy Carter today decided to spend his remaining time at home with his family and receive hospice care instead of additional medical intervention.”

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I agree. absolutely AWFUL prez. I'd actually take him over Biden right now.

But he definitely redeemed himself after he left office. He's a good human even though he has some rather repugnant constitutional views. Luckily he knows his place and keeps his head down doing the good he could do via Habitat and other things he put his energy into.

Godspeed, sir! May you move on easy and into the Lord's hands.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    “remaining years”? I’ve had to deal with hospice a few times, I was under the understanding they are called in when you have less than a month or so.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    “remaining years”? I’ve had to deal with hospice a few times, I was under the understanding they are called in when you have less than a month or so.
    Not always. My aunt has leukemia and other cancers and is under home hospice. She's "fine". And she has been for many months. (maybe close to a year by now) She was told that she needed more chemo, but they couldnt guarantee any positive results even though the treatment would be hell on her. It was more likely to be useless than useful. She said it wasnt worth it in her 80s and would just let nature take its course.

The difference is what happens when her health does make a turn for the worst. Under those orders she isnt automatically taken to the ER and is allowed to have medical workers come in and inject "the good stuff" to keep her comfortable in her last days. If you are taken to the ER, you WILL end your life in the hospital instead of at home because they wont release you in that bad shape.

You can be on hospice and not be on death's doorstep. CM was for many months as I recall.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    At 98, he’s had a good run. Lousy president but I think he was a decent human being.

Jimmy Carter, the 98-year-old former President of the United States, will spend his remaining years in hospice care with his family, according to an announcement by his charity on Saturday.

The charity created in the former president’s name said on Twitter that “after a series of short hospital stays, former U.S. President Jimmy Carter today decided to spend his remaining time at home with his family and receive hospice care instead of additional medical intervention.”

I agree Carter was a horrible executive, but unlike what we have experienced since, I never saw the horribleness of his execution welling from evil.

Those in the executive position following him have demonstrated time and again that they are not only horrible executives, but are evil incarnate.

Carter has demonstrated for decades that he is a good man and walks his talk. Unlike most executives, Carter will be missed as a good human being.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Not always. My aunt has leukemia and other cancers and is under home hospice. She's "fine". And she has been for many months. (maybe close to a year by now) She was told that she needed more chemo, but they couldnt guarantee any positive results even though the treatment would be hell on her. It was more likely to be useless than useful. She said it wasnt worth it in her 80s and would just let nature take its course.

The difference is what happens when her health does make a turn for the worst. Under those orders she isnt automatically taken to the ER and is allowed to have medical workers come in and inject "the good stuff" to keep her comfortable in her last days. If you are taken to the ER, you WILL end your life in the hospital instead of at home because they wont release you in that bad shape.

You can be on hospice and not be on death's doorstep. CM was for many months as I recall.
    What’s the difference between this and “palliative care”?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Hospice care is meant to provide comfort care and not medical treatment. Which means no more medical treatment for the underlying illness or meds other than those used to provide comfort and relive the symptoms. My mother was in home hospice care for about two weeks before she passed. Everything had to be done according to the Hospice providers.

Last edited:

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I've told my better half that should I get to that point, a round of 45 costs about fifty cents.

She gets pissed.

I'm blessed to have a friend that has promised to take me on my last hunt.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I agree Carter was a horrible executive, but unlike what we have experienced since, I never saw the horribleness of his execution welling from evil.

Those in the executive position following him have demonstrated time and again that they are not only horrible executives, but are evil incarnate.

Carter has demonstrated for decades that he is a good man and walks his talk. Unlike most executives, Carter will be missed as a good human being.
    Amen, I've always kind of taken issue with the amount of hatred he gets.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I agree. absolutely AWFUL prez. I'd actually take him over Biden right now.

But he definitely redeemed himself after he left office. He's a good human even though he has some rather repugnant constitutional views. Luckily he knows his place and keeps his head down doing the good he could do via Habitat and other things he put his energy into.

Godspeed, sir! May you move on easy and into the Lord's hands.
    Completely agree.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I’m not a fan but I don’t hate the guy. Like most people have said, I don’t care for him as President. But I think he tried to be honest.

I won’t mourn him, but that’s not because he was a bad president. Everyone dies. He lived a full life. I don’t think there’s anything to mourn.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I agree that Carter was a bad POTUS but he is a good and genuine God-fearing man and humanitarian and has been throughout his whole life. Let us not forget his goofy brother Billy who had his own beer. What's more American than that? :patriot:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom