• ...and so much more!
  • SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Dad was in hospice status at home for four months. We took care of him with a hospice nurse stopping in twice a week. One of the hardest yet most rewarding periods of my life.

Carter was president when I joined the USAF in 1979. The emotion across the country was all doom & gloom, and Carter only added to it. I remember voting for Reagan in my very first presidental election. The mood of the whole country changed for the better after Carter left office.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Jimmuah's sins were many. Panama Canal, Iran, shutting down our space program (he mothballed our Saturn series rockets and sent them to museums...and let Skylab, our first and successful space station fall to earth), crapped on the economy and our military and was a true globalist dog with Zbigniev as his national security advisor. He is not redeemed or forgiven, I will speak poorly of him after he dies.

:draw:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    A question for both, which particular statement(s) did Carter make that you found so wrong?

The rule has been put asunder and currently a moot point. However, those with TDS likely will criticize Trump for that which EVERY living, and maybe a couple of dead presidents did to him.
    The unwritten rule is no longer valid. It’s purpose and lineage has been broken. It no longer applies to any future former presidents. He felt the need to disparage the office to further his political agenda. It is now open warfare on any future office holder. He doesn’t get a pass on what he alone chose to break.
    If that's the case. It didn't apply to Carter. Considering Ford criticized him while he was in office.

“The Carter economic policies have been a catastrophe. They’ve been disasters. We handed them the economy on a silver platter,” Ford said, arguing that the rate of inflation was less than 5 percent when he left office and that unemployment was going down. “The president blew it.”
    There are older ones than that as well. But honestly the two of you sound like a little kid saying "But Mom he did it first".

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    A question for both, which particular statement(s) did Carter make that you found so wrong?

If that's the case. It didn't apply to Carter. Considering Ford criticized him while he was in office.

There are older ones than that as well. But honestly the two of you sound like a little kid saying "But Mom he did it first".
    I said nothing about Carter in this sub-context. JH brought up Trump and I responded thusly.

“The rule has been put asunder and currently a moot point. However, those with TDS likely will criticize Trump for that which EVERY living, and maybe a couple of dead presidents did to him.”

Note I said the rule was dead and I suspect it was dead long before any of us knew because every time a former republican president criticized a dem it was big media news of how they were breaking a sacred trust, it was presented as an enormous breach that had never occurred before. That explains why many do not know what you and I said is true…

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    I was unaware of Ford’s indiscretion. The fault lands on his shoulders until we find evidence of it happening prior to Ford. That said, I will back up my statement on Carter to the level that his statements on Trump were in poor taste and no less classless than statements made by Trump that seem to be criticized endlessly. I will salute his military career in a boat that I would not have the nerves to serve in.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I was unaware of Ford’s indiscretion. The fault lands on his shoulders until we find evidence of it happening prior to Ford. That said, I will back up my statement on Carter to the level that his statements on Trump were in poor taste and no less classless than statements made by Trump that seem to be criticized endlessly. I will salute his military career in a boat that I would not have the nerves to serve in.
    I'm pretty sure Millard Fillmore couldn't keep his mouth shut after he left.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Teddy Roosevelt was well known for it, so it's been going on for over 100 yrs. I'm sure others before him did as well. And I don't really have a problem with it, if the current President can blame the prior ones, the prior ones should be just as able to criticize the current.

But I'm still curious, which statements by Carter did you find most offensive?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Teddy Roosevelt was well known for it, so it's been going on for over 100 yrs. I'm sure others before him did as well. And I don't really have a problem with it, if the current President can blame the prior ones, the prior ones should be just as able to criticize the current.

Really hadn’t thought in detail about this issue, but after this it is clear this is another lie the media propagated against republicans…

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Speaking of the boat. I remember seeing the story how Bush after shot up and having to ditch his plane was rescued by submarine. A officer on the Sub was Jimmy Carter. 2 future presidents on the same sub at same time. Also 2 presidents I think we all would have been better off without.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Speaking of the boat. I remember seeing the story how Bush after shot up and having to ditch his plane was rescued by submarine. A officer on the Sub was Jimmy Carter. 2 future presidents on the same sub at same time. Also 2 presidents I think we all would have been better off without.
    I think that might be a fair trade to cancel out one of each.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn

It was more of a disappointment by a man that I did not care for his politics, but did have a decent regard for until he spoke out on a current president. Now that this seems to have been done by several predecessors, it doesn’t have the sting I felt it originally had. I still feel his political mindset puts him as close to a communist president as we have had, but I can’t knock his humanitarian work.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Pres. Carter graduated from the Naval Academy in 1946.

I think your math is a bit off there.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Not my math. Actually saw it on tv, may of been a you tube video but think it was from long ago. I’m going to have to research this, thanks. “You can’t believe everything on the internet.” Abraham Lincoln.
    President James Earl "Jimmy" Carter graduated from the U.S. Naval Academy in 1946 with distinction,

05 JUN 1946 - 8 AUG 1946—Commissioned Ensign, USN. Routine post-USNA graduation assignments- indoctrinational training with service type aircraft - leave and transit to first duty station.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Really hadn’t thought in detail about this issue, but after this it is clear this is another lie the media propagated against republicans…
    I wouldn't say that, I remember seeing in the media about Carter and Obama criticizing Trump while he was in office. Also about Trump doing the same with Biden. Heck Trump even shared a meme about Obama being the first former President to do so.

I'm guessing that it makes the news more now is the same reason everything does. They have to fill a 24hr news cycle rather than 30-60 minutes, and everything spreads faster due to cable news and the internet.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    President James Earl "Jimmy" Carter graduated from the U.S. Naval Academy in 1946 with distinction,

05 JUN 1946 - 8 AUG 1946—Commissioned Ensign, USN. Routine post-USNA graduation assignments- indoctrinational training with service type aircraft - leave and transit to first duty station.
    Jimmy born in 1924 spent WWII stateside in colleges. Entered navy academy before end of war and got all the WWII medals my Dad got who was born in 1927, lied about his age and finally got them to take him when he was actually only 16 and fought the japs on his tin can sinking 2 subs. Well another reason I don’t like “draft dodger” Jimmy now…lol.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Jimmy born in 1924 spent WWII stateside in colleges. Entered navy academy before end of war and got all the WWII medals my Dad got who was born in 1927, lied about his age and finally got them to take him when he was actually only 16 and fought the japs on his tin can sinking 2 subs. Well another reason I don’t like “draft dodger” Jimmy now…lol.
    He transferred colleges to go to the naval academy, and joined the academy before the end of the war. Unless you think he knew the war was going to be over by the time he graduated, it shows he was willing to go and fight.

Do you feel the same about "draft dodger" Trump? Who made no attempt to join, and allegedly called those that lost their lives during war "suckers" and "losers"?

Top Bottom