• ...and so much more!
  • Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I doubt I'll ever have to fire a defensive round. If I did, it would be in fear for my wife's or my own life. But to each their own on insurance. I just don't see it as something I'll ever use. If I did need it, it means I'm above ground.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Are they, or is this just a description of what happened? If she pointed a gun out the window, it's relevant, but not an excuse.

Don't see how it's relevant enough to write an article about it. Next we'll hear about how there may have been a small amount of marijuana in the house.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Simply identifying a gun is a poor reason to shoot.
    Never meant to imply that it was a good reason. Everything depends on the circumstances. That's why I added the part about whatever did or did not happen will be sorted out in a trial now.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Don't see how it's relevant enough to write an article about it. Next we'll hear about how there may have been a small amount of marijuana in the house.

It's relevant because it mitigates why the officer shot through the window. Obviously, this shooting would look even worse if the woman didn't have a gun. This guy's goose is cooked, and rightfully so, but that little tidbit may save him a few years.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I dont know what i feel is the right charge here. I dont think this cop is a piece of ****. I think he made a very poor choice and didnt folow his training most likely.
    But a innocent person is dead and he needs to pay a consequence. Maybe losing his job and financial restitution is enough? Honestly im glad im not the one that makes those choices. I will say i think murder seems harsh. I mean they dont even charge drunk drivers with murder but they should in that case I feel.
    I honestly feel for both sides here. Lets say she would have shot the cop. Can you imagine how terrible that would make a person feel? Im sure this cop feels terrible too and now it seems the world is against him and he was (i believe) just trying to do the right thing but ****ed up.
    Thats how I feel on this

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I dont know what i feel is the right charge here. I dont think this cop is a piece of ****. I think he made a very poor choice and didnt folow his training most likely.
    But a innocent person is dead and he needs to pay a consequence. Maybe losing his job and financial restitution is enough? Honestly im glad im not the one that makes those choices. I will say i think murder seems harsh. I mean they dont even charge drunk drivers with murder but they should in that case I feel.
    I honestly feel for both sides here. Lets say she would have shot the cop. Can you imagine how terrible that would make a person feel? Im sure this cop feels terrible too and now it seems the world is against him and he was (i believe) just trying to do the right thing but ****ed up.
    Thats how I feel on this
    Pretty much how I feel.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Thats how I feel on this

Yeah, no. He was trained, and he should have known better. His actions were reckless, and someone is dead because of it. "Reckless" means taking action without thinking or caring. This isn't to say the officer didn't care, but he certainly didn't think. I can be completely confident that damn near everyone on INGO would have responded (tactical considerations aside) in a similar manner as the victim, if they heard someone bumbling around outside of their house.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Thats how I feel on this
    I have'nt seen anything to suggest that the officer intentionally set out to murder someone. Do I think he ****ed up? Yeah I do, in a really bad way and a life was lost because of it but I'm not seeing murder.

I'm also not seeing any intentional wrong doing by the deceased either. From all indications she was only acting in a defensive manner against an unknown threat at the time in order to protect herself and her nephew.

A tragic event ensued. Lives will be changed forever.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Just out of curiosity, where is the NRA? This seems like a case that's right up their alley. :dunno:

....something, something legal gun owner, right to defend home....blah, blah, blah

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Pepe Lapierre is not worrying about that stuff !
    Thats a “commoner” problem way beneath anything he needs to worry about!
    Pepe’s worry list
    1. How do I get more of my family jobs at the NRA?
    2. How do I plan a black tie event to top last years?
    3. I will not fly commercial with “those” people
    4. I need a bigger house with more security and the NRA needs to pay for it
    6. $ 5 million isn’t enough money for my skills
    8. I hope nobody finds out I am not a gun owner, enthusiast or a hunter
    9. $500,000 sounds responsible for a wardrobe allowance, my wife needs a hairdresser and makeup artist to travel with us
    10. I need to study becoming a prosperity preacher if this gig goes south

The NRA could care less about a women getting shot in her own home though a window.
    The NRA cares about lining pockets of a tight knit “elite” group

Now if the NRA thought they could raise money off the event they would be there.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    This is just a fad among Police it will pass!

Deputy shoots home owner though window Greenville, SC!
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ng-homeowner-through-front-window/1949010001/

Police shoot homeowner while he is defending family from crazy person!
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/cop-who-killed-co-homeowner-also-had-fatal-encounter-in-june

Homeowner shoots cop after cop shoots first and misses! (homeowner was referred for charges by grand jury)
    https://www.14news.com/2018/10/10/police-scene-officer-involved-shooting-owensboro/

Man shot dead while working on car!
    https://fox59.com/2019/03/06/isp-tr...in-crawfordsville-wont-face-criminal-charges/

Man shot dead in hotel while unarmed (cop who shot him is 100% disabled for PTSD)
    https://www.techdirt.com/articles/2...him-ptsd-walks-off-with-medical-pension.shtml

Just a fad like pet rocks and bell bottoms it will pass!

exactly why in an another post earlier this year I stated that 911 is only an option when I am ready to turn over control of the bump in the night.

“give the young time...they will eventually get it.....

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I think the NRA is very hesitant to criticize the Police, period. They certainly aren't going to do it just days or weeks after it occurs. How often have facts changed as the investigation gets finalized?

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I think the NRA is very hesitant to criticize the Police, period. They certainly aren't going to do it just days or weeks after it occurs. How often have facts changed as the investigation gets finalized?

I agree this is more of an unfortunate tragedy than anything, that's just Kut stirring the pot.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    exactly why in an another post earlier this year I stated that 911 is only an option when I am ready to turn over control of the bump in the night.

“give the young time...they will eventually get it.....

Who's protecting the people in the house? Who's got your six? What it the raccoons bite you?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Well if that's the case, then you have provided reason #1 why the NRA isn't worth your time.

Top Bottom