• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Understood. But you do realize life is full of rules... Sometimes we agree with them and sometimes we don't. It is what you make of it. Sometimes it's best to find other places (with other rules) we feel more comfortable with. I for one hope you don't leave...you're fun to pick on. :):

:twocents:

:): I appreciate it. I don't mind rules, I'm not an anarchist. But some rules are born for all the wrong reasons. That's my concern.

SavageEagle, I know you don't like INGO or some of the mods. We are attempting to acknowledge our imperfections and make improvements. I understand you have friends here, but I respectfully ask that you consider that others also have friends here. You have chosen to come back only to post when there is drama and that is your choice. However, INGO can never go back to the way it was, because every entity evolves. Some of your statements are valid and are being considered. Other demands will not be considered because they call for resignations/firings of people who the owner deems to be useful.

There are many great things going on at INGO. Without those members who do those things, this place would not be worth the bandwidth. That said, your comments in this thread and in other areas, are noted and are not being ignored. Are there other matters you care to call to our attention besides the fact that we are not performing our jobs correctly?

I don't come around only for drama. If this is considered drama to you, then you are missing the points being made. And if the owner wants to keep around people who completely ignore the rules themselves and make their own, then that's his choice. Not my site. But if he keeps them on and they don't change their ways, I'm not the only one going to be calling them out. Many others feel the same way as I, but for whatever reason won't admit it.

And if you think that all my concerns were about job performance, you again have missed the point of my posts. I realize there's a lot being thrown around in here, but if you truly want to hear our concerns, take the time to read and understand them.

My squabble is not about YOUR job performance. It is about two mod's job performance, a couple very ignorant rules, hypocrisy in enforcing all the rules, and one small complaint about the most stupid "punishment" for actually HELPING I've ever seen an internet forum dish out. :dunno:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    :): I appreciate it. I don't mind rules, I'm not an anarchist. But some rules are born for all the wrong reasons. That's my concern.

I don't come around only for drama. If this is considered drama to you, then you are missing the points being made. And if the owner wants to keep around people who completely ignore the rules themselves and make their own, then that's his choice. Not my site. But if he keeps them on and they don't change their ways, I'm not the only one going to be calling them out. Many others feel the same way as I, but for whatever reason won't admit it.

And if you think that all my concerns were about job performance, you again have missed the point of my posts. I realize there's a lot being thrown around in here, but if you truly want to hear our concerns, take the time to read and understand them.

My squabble is not about YOUR job performance. It is about two mod's job performance, a couple very ignorant rules, hypocrisy in enforcing all the rules, and one small complaint about the most stupid "punishment" for actually HELPING I've ever seen an internet forum dish out. :dunno:

Like I said! Your concerns are noted and will be discussed. The same respect you are desiring is not what you are giving me. It was noted in another post that you were being talked down to or something to that affect (not a direct quote); however, you are talking to me like I am your employee, servant, and simply subservient to you. Do you think I've treated you in a way that is deserving of this attitude?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Like I said! Your concerns are noted and will be discussed. The same respect you are desiring is not what you are giving me. It was noted in another post that you were being talked down to or something to that affect (not a direct quote); however, you are talking to me like I am your employee, servant, and simply subservient to you. Do you think I've treated you in a way that is deserving of this attitude?

When you tell me what you got out of my posts was not what I was conveying, then yes, it is.

If I was wrong, I apologize. However, I took you post as that you missed my point completely and that I was attacking you. And then you accuse me of only coming around when there is drama, like I'm some troll? I don't go to other forums and bad mouth this one. I do participate in threads about this place, but the only reason I haven't come out and said what I've said today is because the chances of me just getting banned instead of heard were very high.

Your post sounded a lot like you felt I was bashing you. I was not. I was explaining myself. If I seem a little upset, well I am. I invested money in a site that I really enjoyed and fully expected to be a freedom loving place to hang out. That changed. So yes, I'm a bit upset. If you can't handle that, I'm sorry.

Thank God this is just the internet.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    When you tell me what you got out of my posts was not what I was conveying, then yes, it is.

If I was wrong, I apologize. However, I took you post as that you missed my point completely and that I was attacking you. And then you accuse me of only coming around when there is drama, like I'm some troll? I don't go to other forums and bad mouth this one. I do participate in threads about this place, but the only reason I haven't come out and said what I've said today is because the chances of me just getting banned instead of heard were very high.

Your post sounded a lot like you felt I was bashing you. I was not. I was explaining myself. If I seem a little upset, well I am. I invested money in a site that I really enjoyed and fully expected to be a freedom loving place to hang out. That changed. So yes, I'm a bit upset. If you can't handle that, I'm sorry.

Thank God this is just the internet.

You were wrong and your apology is accepted. Now, let's move on to other matters.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I do participate in threads about this place, but the only reason I haven't come out and said what I've said today is because the chances of me just getting banned instead of heard were very high.

Correction: This should have said....

I do participate in threads about this place, but you don't see me bad mouthing this that and the other. I would have loved to said what I said in other places, here, but the only reason I haven't come out and said what I've said today is because the chances of me just getting banned instead of heard were very high.

I hope this better convey's what I was trying to say.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    You were wrong and your apology is accepted. Now, let's move on to other matters.

I think my concerns have been conveyed to you and the rest of the staff well enough. I've got my point across so I'm done. We'll see what happens as a result of this thread.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I see double standards almost daily. Example? The very word that earned an infraction is posted three times and still remains. According to the forum rules, you aren't to use language that you wouldn't use in the company of strangers, but damn, ass, and **** are ok? Pictures get removed for showing too much cleavage but other pictures with the same amount of cleavage are skipped over. Why?
    Examples that I posted create confusion, either it's ok or it's not. These examples aren't hard to moderate, either they are acceptable or they aren't. If they aren't acceptable then they should be removed every time.

EDIT: the language filter stopped a word that I have seen on more than one occasion in recent pictures. If the word is not to be used then the pictures should be removed. I'm leaving the word so mods can see, I assume they can. If you would like it removed, please let me know and I'll be happy to.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    This was supposed to be a constructive thread. It may get re-opened after it gets cleaned up. I've had it with the disrespecrful and rude behavior.

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    This place may be run by SOME people who I can't stand, but there are many people here that I am friends with and don't want to break ties with because someone has an ego hungry power trip. I'm not going to try to convince this forum to bow to my own personal wishes. I'm just trying to shed some light on the crap that has become standard practice here. I used to love this forum. It was a great place to hang out and be yourself. Slowly over time, egos, money, and cliques took this forum for a loop. I'm simply trying to shed light on this, discuss it, and hope that things turn around.

It's not that I WANT to leave and not come back. What I WANT is for this forum to go back to being a great place to hang out. Some members here may be content with the bull****, the censorship, the laziness, the lack of respect for the membership, and the fact that God is not allowed in this forum. I am not. If this won't change, I'll gladly go my own way. However, I thought that MAYBE, JUST MAYBE, this thread would bring some positive change back to this forum.

I guess I was wrong. :dunno:
    yeah im getting the same feeling, no one is interested in change what we dont like here.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    yeah im getting the same feeling, no one is interested in change what we dont like here.
    But here's the problem... They change what you don't like and that makes it something someone else doesn't like. Damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Who do they decide to tick off?

This isn't directed to you or anyone else in particular...but if this place sucks so bad...why do so many people stay? :dunno:

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    But here's the problem... They change what you don't like and that makes it something someone else doesn't like. Damned if they do and damned if they don't.

This isn't directed to you or anyone else in particular...but if this place sucks so bad...why do so many people stay? :dunno:

as was said before, i still have friends and family here, and would like to converse with them still, look at how much i have posted in the last few weeks after my rant in the thread about about dogs and guns. it was purely mocking a member.truthfully i want the old ,fun board back, before all the slinging.i seen a huge turn when god was banned from here and it has evolved from there.it seems like the majority of the regular posters want less rules, we tried it with more rules and you above should know how that turned out. why not try less rules? why not try fairness? why not show when someone has done something wrong?its been said time and again the members make up ingo why dont we have the ability to mod our own?

Last edited:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake

That is a fantastic question.

I don't really have that much constructive input to add, because I think the site is run just fine...I guess that's because I'm on the positive side of the double standard.:rolleyes: I was actually PM'd today saying of course I like this place, because I'm treated differently than others...Despite the fact that I received TWO infractions for calling someone a Negative Nancy(one was reversed).

Oh and despite that NONE of the mods are my friends(meaning I've never met any of them).

The mods can't be everywhere always, so I guess this double standard people are whining about is when they don't catch something.:dunno:

The only thing I think(well THOUGHT) should come back is Religious discussion, but after 1 single thread today, I think it's best to not allow it.

They aren't going to be able to make everyone happy, so I'm not sure why they even try...It's a nice gesture though.

what? i just read all of this thread and dont have a clue what you are talking about, its all on the same topics

The stuff was already removed.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Guys I really appreciate everyone's civil approach to voicing concerns.

In an effort to give some balance to the issues, I've started a polar-opposite thread here: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...7-no_concerns_with_the_forum.html#post1659101

For those reading this thread that don't have any concerns, please make your voice heard in that thread.

It is our hope that these two threads will help us continue to give INGOers the kind of site that they're proud to call home. :ingo:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom