1521905527460.jpg

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Speaker at March 24 rally "We will take the big and we will take the small, but we will keep fighting. When they give us that inch, that bump stock ban, we will take a mile."

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    How in the **** can only 69% be for armed guards in schools?????

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    You know...I tend to believe that poll. Just by overhearing conversations, interactions on FB, etc., I sense there is some validity to it. It may not be to that extent (reported in the OP) but there's a reason our legislators ditched constitutional carry in Indy again this year, let the church carry bill die on the vine, why the suppressor thing and the national reciprocity bills haven't advanced. If people other than us in this echo chamber were advocating for these sorts of things, they would be passing and the "fix-NICS" and the bump stock ban would have been laughed off the table.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The problem with polls is that there is a large segment of society that will agree to anything if they think it is the popular opinion. Thus, the ever changing numbers as people reevaluate what they think is currently popular. Polls are basically a middle-school class election.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    A Universal Background Check is an unenforceable law, at least with regard to the firearms that are already in private hands.

For it to work, EVERY firearm privately possessed in the USA when the law is enacted would have to first be registered with the government, or private sales would not be able to be tracked.

Until then, private sales of firearms that were already in private hands when the law took effect between individuals would be virtually unenforceable.

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    A Universal Background Check is an unenforceable law, at least with regard to the firearms that are already in private hands.

For it to work, EVERY firearm privately possessed in the USA when the law is enacted would have to first be registered with the government, or private sales would not be able to be tracked.

Until then, private sales of firearms that were already in private hands when the law took effect between individuals would be virtually unenforceable.

Yes ;however, NRA members, law abiding citizens would follow the law. Criminals would not. just another law-on-the-books for the "feel-good" liberals.

PS: gun owners would fight very hard against such a law and the NRA would be frontline in the fight. :)

Last edited:

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    Exactly what these bastards want.

well, maybe even Indiana already has such data? well Indiana sheriffs. Back when I had an FFL and you purchased a handgun in Indiana you had Federal 4473 and Indiana form which

was sent to county sheriff. IN law required them to destroy such forms as I recall after 30 days ;however, there was no penalty to county sheriffs if the failed to destroy such forms. So, I

believe there is already a database of handguns in Indiana. The change in law which removed requirement to eliminate such "secondary transfers" with county sheriffs was enacted

around the year 1995? or there abouts.

Listening on NRAtv.com and Dana Loesch I just learned that california has universal background checks which includes 10 day waiting period!

So, there is already gun owner database in the very liberal california and even handguns here in Indiana.

SirLiftsALatte

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 11, 2013
    Indianapolis

Yes ;however, NRA members, law abiding citizens would follow the law. Criminals would not. just another law-on-the-books for the "feel-good" liberals.

PS: gun owners would fight very hard against such a law and the NRA would be frontline in the fight. :)

A few ATF stings, and everyone here would be following the law whether we wanted to or not. Just like we follow the IN resident requirement, and ask if a buyer is a prohibited person.

I'd bet that given how often some people buy/sell/trade used guns, a sizeable percentage of the used guns that are out in the wild would be registered via 4473 within 5 years.

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    A few ATF stings, and everyone here would be following the law whether we wanted to or not. Just like we follow the IN resident requirement, and ask if a buyer is a prohibited person.

I'd bet that given how often some people buy/sell/trade used guns, a sizeable percentage of the used guns that are out in the wild would be registered via 4473 within 5 years.

Not to burst your bubble ;however, in face-to-face sale say in Indianapolis "presence" satisfies the IN residency thing so you don't need to ask. for what it's worth.

I would not use it if I had to meet somebody in Terre Haute let's say. I don't like to drive that far so doesn't affect me.

Top Bottom