• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    There is absolutely nothing of value to be gained by watching the news on TV or listening to it on the radio.

Well, that's just a little bit arrogant. I can assume you're missing some unstated assumptions when you make this claim?

It would be an exaggeration to take Fletch's remark literally, but it is definitely true that you have to shovel a lot of manure to find a pearl there.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    It would be an exaggeration to take Fletch's remark literally, but it is definitely true that you have to shovel a lot of manure to find a pearl there.

And to be completely honest, I don't really take him that literally. I just find arguments like "stop watching TV and think for yourself" to be mildly insulting. Just because the person making such statements can't do both, doesn't mean the rest of us are so handicapped.

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    And to be completely honest, I don't really take him that literally. I just find arguments like "stop watching TV and think for yourself" to be mildly insulting. Just because the person making such statements can't do both, doesn't mean the rest of us are so handicapped.

Getting rid of TV was the best thing I ever did. Now I don't spend several hours every day staring mindlessly at a screen ............wait ......... nevermind.

arthrimus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Carmel
    :facepalm: If O'Reilly wants to find a pinhead, he needs look no farther than the mirror. Where there is a deity, there is a religion. That simple!

Not necessarily. I don't view Christianity as a religion either. I'm not sure that philosophy is the way I'd put it, but it's certainly not religion at it's core. Catholicism is a religion, Baptists are a religion, Lutherans are a religion, but the unifying core of Christianity is not a religion. The reason being, Christianity is the core from which all of the religions of these denominations sprout. Our Bible is the direct divinely inspired word of God, and must be interpreted by those who read it to form a structured religion. Christ defines no rituals, traditions, organization of a specific church system, structure, clergy etc. And Paul clearly writes to the congregations of various churches not to define themselves by denominations, but by the words of Christ directly.

Religion is a structure and organization of rules and rituals that mankind forms around things that we believe to be ultimate truths. Christ offers us a way of life, and salvation through the simple act of faith. That's not enough to constitute a religion in my book. Maybe I'm wrong, but this is the conclusion that I've come to, and I am a happily unaffiliated follower of Christ.

Please don't take this to be a defense of Mr. O'Reilly, because he is a moron for many other reasons, but I don't think it's fair to bash him on this one. He is a tyrant, and it disgusts me that he masquerades as a conservative.

Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Fox News appealed to me when I was young, angry about things I shouldn't have been angry about, and viciously pro-war. As time progressed, I started seeing the holes in all of Fox News' "fair and balanced" reports. I didn't need Murdoch to publicly state his support of a weapons ban to know his true intentions.

Top Bottom